1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 1/11/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2014.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

So happy we win after a tough loss last night.

2. ILoveWhiteGirls

I blame that r****ded ass arena for 2 delays man, that's just ridiculous. The blowout was gonna be over hours ago.

3. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

He needs to come out and we'll all give him a hug :p

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Great play by Harden and Jones.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I remember Spiegel having a sig saying "down with the LOF" lol

6. Winseb

Winseb Member

Murray pleaaaase make an Asik deal happen and bolster the bench. Even after Bev and Chandler come back outside of Lin and maybe Casspi I have absolutely no confidence in the bench.

7. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Lin is Sméagols "precious"

8. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Nah, this is CF man, LOH is dominating this boards...whether u like it or not they will not going to recognize Lins contribution in this team. Look at this game, When lin got subbed, the lead went with him in the bench...then there u go the haters blamed Lin.wat-d-pak???? They didnt realize that the ball is not moving when Lin was out, the reason mchale keeps on shouting to move the ball...Hate

9. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Popovich would've called timeout as soon as it was under a 10 pt lead.

10. tonman

tonman Member

y'all forgetting giving up 17 ORB. those 2nd chance points hurt. when your 2nd team puts out a front line of Garcia-Casspi-Smith, there's no fear for the opposing team.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we keep squeaking out games. Need some value for Asik already...

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Stop making things up.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Casspi and Greg Smith had some solid moments offensively, but I guess I'm just pissed at how they watched a 25 point lead dwindle down to 10 before we could get them out and by then all the momentum was completely gone and the Wizards were really feeling good about themselves. Those two playing the C and PF together make me want to smash my laptop. So inept that it sickens me to watch. I just don't understand how Greg Smith can be that good on offense and that bad on defense. Like how hard is it to stand in front of the damn rim? He hasn't improved in that area at all since last year. Giant gummy bear on defense.

14. platypus

platypus Member

Some thoughts...

We need Chandler Back ASAP. Chandler is a player that helps us stop opposing runs and creates opportunities, without him we get nothing from the 3 spot.

Omer needs to hurry up and get back to playing, Greg Smith is not gonna cut it as the backup.

Harden gets the game ball, he won us the game.

And finally the mods need to ban this speigel guy, seriously he ruins the game threads.

1 person likes this.
  15. trock

trock Member

I'm starting to get concerned about Dwight's post play. There seems to be a clear intention to go to Dwight in the paint more, especially as things get tight. He's just not good enough in the post to be assured we get a quality possession forcing it inside. They kept going to him in the 4th, and honestly, it was just ugly. I'd rather see Harden and Lin play the PnR or drive and kick when Dwight clearly doesn't have it. It just killed the flow getting nothing over and over.

16. nchan

nchan Member

Harden saved us in this game. Jeremy, Casspi, Tjones contributed a lot too. We almost lost the game because of Howard. His TOs and shots not falling in the 4th quarter almost lose us the game.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yup, but some people will just toss the plain stats out. Howard was pretty horrible with consecutive TOs and misses in the fourth. Harden got Houston's momentum back by buying buckets from the charity line. Crucial FTs saved the Rockets big time.....

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Harden and Jones did save the game.

Lin did good, but was inconsistent throughout the game. He could have done better defensively. I saw too many times him getting burned by wall going to the basket. I do however really like how aggressive he played tonight. He pushed the ball and forced some plays. He needs to do that every night.

19. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

I agree! Jones came out and Play. Huge block at the end. Harden is in controlled scoring mode.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Yes we almost had a meltdown but overall I'm happy we got the W