1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OP got a taste of the

[​IMG]

2. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I was at the game, (2nd row :grin: ) My dad and I were shocked that Lin wasn't playing. We witnessed aaron brooks take and miss ill advised shots and give up wide open shots on the defensive end. It was at it's worst when AB took that hook shot then gave up a wide open 3 to iman shumphert in the 4th.

That being said, WE WON THE GAME. I don't think it's fair to call for Mchale's head after a win. I'm a big Lin fan but I also support Mchale and think he's our coach of the present and future.

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We be doomed if he's our coach of the future.
    We'd be a first rounder years in years out.

4. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Winning a game by chance or luck when we should have won easily is not a good reflection of great coaching. We lost just as many close games to weak teams due to poor coaching failing to make adjustments and having very poor defenses. We will be doomed if we don't make it to playoff or exit after 1st round and McHale still remains.

5. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

If Brooks was getting off and hitting a ton of shots or playing stellar D then Lin should've stayed on the bench. But he was not doing either. So F McFail and his no coaching as$, I've had it up to hear with this bush league ****. If McFaile is going to be so biased we need a new coach. Dude obviously has it in for Lin. Frankly I think he's waiting for Lin to speak up and then maybe he will have more respect- so do it Lin. But frankly, that's a weak ass way of coaching...

6. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Slow, stubborn and stupid coach!

7. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

A urgly win by luck, period.

8. dxdx

dxdx Member

It's one thing to be a bad coach, but to be outcoached by the potato head Woodson? Damn.

9. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Jlin is so nice to do that...this is really getting pretty obvious at some point while Harden were commiting stupid TO, they still manage to play and able to redeemed themselves...

Rockets really marginalizing Lin, i think Hes not going to develop in thus organization, better of move to other teams like Bulls...

10. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

I forgot to mention Parson along with Harden thats why i used "they" ;););)

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lin wouldn't get a chance to develop here so therefore he should go to the Chicago Bulls, where he will start ahead of MVP Derrick Rose.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

What are CF'ers wanting to fire mchale for this game?

O right we still have lin.. NVM

13. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

But i doubt it will happen, Look how Clyde destroyed Lin in every opportunity he have, saying sheyt things like how bad Jlin on the defense while praising harden??? this org really have ill agendas towards Lin which i dont understand...
    Its obvious, Houston Rockets want to get rid of Jlins contract....

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

MOFs (mother fkrs) please educate yourselves about Kevin Mchale before you start defending him. Those who don't learn from the lessons of history are destined to repeat it.

Departure of Chauncey Billups

Chauncey Billups came to the Timberwolves to backup the aforementioned Brandon in 2000. Over the next few seasons, his level of play elevated to a pinnacle with the Wolves in 2002 featuring career highs in games played, games started, minutes played, field goal and three-point field goal percentages, among other categories. Minnesota won 50 games that year, making the playoffs.

However, instead of opting to re-sign Billups (who received an endorsement from Kevin Garnett), McHale decided to let Billups leave as a free agent.

Within two years of leaving Minnesota, Billups won an NBA championship with the Detroit Pistons. Since then, Billups has been a four-time NBA All-Star, and after being traded to the Denver Nuggets, helped bring them closer to the NBA Finals than they'd ever come before.

Terrell Brandon retired in 2002.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...zes-with-irony

15. cpan

cpan Member

right on ! Fire Mchale.

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

A very lucky win tonight doesn't mean McHale did a good job against a bottom dwelling team in the east on a back to back game. We could have lost this game just as easy if not for JR Smith.

17. pacmania

pacmania Member

Or if James Harden had an off night. Its good Harden had a good night and is a talented player. Its bad that MOFs use his talent to justify incompetent coaching.

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Well thats nice to know...lol.

19. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I don't know if it is just me. Watching McHale coaching makes me think of the kitchen sink analogy: throw everything on the wall and see whatever sticks. The only thing consistent is bad player rotation and player management.

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

You clutchfans have to accept the truth that this guy Mchale is fully approved by Morey.
    That's it.