1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A new James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Dec 27, 2013.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

After last nites win I watched Harden's post game interview. One thing he said that kinda caught me off guard was, "D-Mo won the game for us tonite". Now I've been very critical of Harden's leadership skills, but ever since sitting out those 2 games with injury he's been very unselfish in terms of getting teammates involved. He's been passing, rebounding and also diving on the floor for loose balls. But the biggest thing is he's giving more credit to his teammates after they play well. Thats what leaders do. Are we watching the maturation of James Harden? If so, how long will he keep it up? Thoughts

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This guy is very young. We expect star players to come with maturity but sometimes they don't and it has to be earned.........

Howard is already there. Parsons seems extremely mature for being a young player. Harden will come along.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I was not aware that prior to these last two games Harden gives no credits to his teammates, never went for loose balls, and never got his teammates involved in the game.

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

You must also avoid the game threads :grin::grin::grin:

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

He seems to be slightly more vocal in public with his leadership comments. One of the other Rockets mentioned that Harden is very vocal at practice and is very much a leader there. I think it was Parsons. Maybe he's just bringing it out more on the court during games...or at least post games :p

6. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I've seen some of James' post game quotes from last night but can't seem to find an actual video of it. Rep for anyone that can!

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Not to mention his defense has been better (don't know the stats, but just judging by the eye test). Pretty big block last night.

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Not to insult you, but have watched any of the games? Harden's effort and unwillingness to trust teammates has been in question since becoming a Rocket.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Or maybe you have overblown Harden's lack of leadership in the past?

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

I wouldn't go that far. He's shown he can be a willing passer. He often takes too much of the ball handling and scoring upon himself, that's true. Purely speculation, but I think it's more of a "I got this" than a "I don't trust that you can do this". Considering what he's done as a Rocket at his young age I wouldn't label him as selfish. Two or three years from now, if he's still running time off the clock in an ISO more often than not then we can throw that word around.

12. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Knee jerk reaction. Harden's prob been a bit selfish in the past (I hear he waves off plays and isos at times and when he gets frustrated, it is OBVIOUS on the court and he starts jacking up shots and being lazy on defense), but like almost everyone, matures in time. Does that mean over the last couple of games he's undergone significant maturation? Prob not. 3 yrs from now though, I expect a much more mature and hopefully potent James Harden.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden has bought in to the team play. He is facilitating to get his teammates going than taking over.

One more perimeter defender/scorer from being something.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He needs to do what he does best. Move without the ball and attack/push in transition, this dribbling the ball starting plays from scratch every possession doesn't work. He is a pg and is a playmaker at crunch time.

Wade, tmac, lbj, mj, ....none of those were or should've been point guards starting plays from scratch.

16. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

lol...you're welcome! And thanks for the rep. I would have found you the link even without the kind offer :).

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

*he is a sg. Typo

18. afk

afk Member

We can rebuilt him. Faster. Stronger. We have the cap-space and the technology.

19. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Haha no problem. I figure why not "reward" whoever found it.

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Since when has moving without the ball ever been what Harden does best? Have we watched the same Harden? Off-Ball play is far from his strong suit.