1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Nero

Nero Member

As usual, Bima arrives carrying the big brain.

I have stayed out of this thread for the most part, and was not excitedly watching to see what riches Morey would land for Asik.. because, honestly, the team has been playing really well, it just needs some time to gel and mature a little bit.

The problem is, ALL of that comes crashing down in an INSTANT if Howard goes down for an extended time with an inj***. I don't want to jinx us or anything, but if you have Asik on your roster when that day comes, then you still have hope.

But if you have now dumped Asik for junk and future picks, then you have given away top-shelf depth for nothing right now.. and with Howard being such an important part of this team's success, we simply cannot afford to be running on that high-wire without a safety net.

Now having said all that, if we could land a legit backup for Howard in a trade, and it's enough of a value, then yeah, go ahead.

So I was hoping we would keep the guy, at least until somebody else's 5 snaps a spine or something and comes crawling to us in desperation. It's not even a matter of if, it's just a matter of when.

Cheers to Morey for driving this truck like he knows what the heck he is doing :)

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of just paying him to have front court seats though, can we just make him play out the contract that he signed? What's the harm in that, that he's grumpy? We're not asking him to take a paycut, sheeesh! :rolleyes:

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

They are probably played a little by Morey as well, I guess. I am sure next time when it comes to Rox trade news, Woj and others would probably be not so quick to pull the trigger.

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

See.......you did ask him about the certainty of a trade happening today! Reason for not sharing that with all of us? (Your answer) In all honesty either you do have all these conversations with him and choose not to share AND as some posters have alluded: both you and him are trolling the hell out of Houston and the basketball world at large OR you are not taking advantage of your position you are in to extract a little knowledge to share with your followers and playing dumb with us.

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

As far as he knew, Asik was getting traded. Let's take for example Clutch, he reported 13 hours ago and I quote "Just the same, Omer Asik is getting traded tomorrow." and Morey does a 180 and stops the trade talks. Can't exactly blame Doc or Clutch or whoever else on Morey's decision making.

6. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

The guy has inside info. He can't predict the future. Plans change, deals fall apart, etc.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Com down. Clutch can't have a chat in the restroom without one of you requesting exact quotes?

8. davestrate

davestrate Member

Except none do! If they do we'd have to pony up the cash to cover his salary just like Royce White!

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly, garbage deal!

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

God forbid you criticize his tweets... :rolleyes:

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People here seem to think players like Asik hold as much clout as freaking Carmelo.

Asik will play and he will have to play well or else he will lose money. He's not a star, he's not a borderline star. He's a defensive center.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So I guess Morey just followed Millsap on Twitter for sh!ts and giggles

13. davestrate

davestrate Member

If you haven't guessed that he, clutch and docrocket are all in on it, then you'd think I'm DM and I'm trolling myself haha

14. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

The difference is Doc has attached names Evan Ilyasova and other 'hints' at bigger named players. None, as usual, has come to fruition.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Morey was probably drunk.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He hinted that Chris Paul was close to being a Rocket months before it got leaked.

He has inside info. I am sure there are tons of trade scenarios that dwindle through the nba every week, yet it doesn't always work out does it?

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would still like to keep him

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I'm fine without dealing
    Boston offer was a joke
    HOU gives Asik for a bad first and has to take two bad contracts WTF
    that was a terrible trade even without given Asik

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

what was Doc Rocket right about to give him so much credibility?

20. MonKing

MonKing Member

Bimathug's metaphor doesn't hold up as Asik wouldn't pass the physical with his injury, a lingering deep contusion of the ego.