1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Asik doesn't have the potential of being an Andrew Bynum type player. Bynum was the second best Center in the NBA 3 years ago.

2. rocketblood713

I have no problem with this keep a pissed off Asik on your team then to get a crap ass deal

3. davestrate

davestrate Member

It is really funny. He is glorified after the trade and glorified for not making one. My stand is "live up to your name and reputation and get this **** done already" enough subliminal messages already!

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Another wrinkle in this whole situation is that what this whole situation does to change things from an Asik perspective as far as moving forward playing on the court.

Maybe this is the ultimate way of showing Asik that look we tried, you are in a contract with us that WE KNOW you wont give up. You're stuck with us till the Summer of 2015 so deal with it.

Maybe he finally realizes that he DESTROYED his value and HE IS THE ONE TO BLAME for not being able to get traded by making public demands and ruining his value, and decides to just play basketball and let Morey handle what needs to happen.

5. BeardlyBeardman

Orrrrrrrr ... maybe Morey just preferred to get players in return that he had the option to trade this year so he'd have more assets for a bigger deal if it came along like he does EVERY TIME, so he preferred to have it done by today for that purpose. Did he send out guidelines for all trade partners on Rockets letterhead with his signature on the bottom?

"Item 12a - subsection C
    If Omer is not traded by 19th, December 2013, I shall give up all efforts to trade Omer and concede defeat, at which time I shall deem myself a failure and relinquish my post. "

6. davestrate

davestrate Member

Morey will NEVER have leverage when it comes to Asik and Lin, you can quote me on that!

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Used ItalianRocket's photos*

3 people like this.
  8. torocan

torocan Member

Since he switched to Arn Tellem, I expect Tellem is explaining the logistics of the situation in Great detail to Asik.

Top end agents don't just negotiate contracts and advocate on the part of their clients, they also *manage* the expectations and behavior or their clients. They help keep them out of hot water and help them navigate situations in a way that will benefit them the most.

For Asik, it's a benefit that teams offer a good trade package for him. It sets a value on him as a player. It's also a benefit for him to play well despite the situation as it gives him additional leverage when he does get around to negotiating his next contract.

I have little doubt Tellem will fully inform Asik of the reality of his situation, and how he can benefit in the most meaningful way.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well ...it's frustrating to think that we are gonna move on from the Asik saga only to have it drag on, with no real understanding of when it will end.

That said, i am very very happy Morey didn't bite on a bad deal. And part of me derives a great deal of satisfaction from forcing Asik to come off the bench for an undetermined amount of time. I'm disappointed, but i'm also kind of on Morey's sack. Love that guy.

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

The hypocrisy is insulting.

Tmac quitting/Royce White b****ing.. Asik is on the same level. Odd that this loser isn't ridiculed the way those that preceded him.

It's the epitome of a coddled diva athlete and Asik is no exception, the way he has behaved is child-like and disgusting.

Screw Omar, yes I intentionally misspelled the Diva's name.

1 person likes this.
  11. s.b713

s.b713 Member

??? Im lost. Its happening or not happening in your opinion?

12. davestrate

davestrate Member

Pau Gasol anyone? Get them Lakers on the line! Heck Humphrey will do!

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the cup is always half full

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

Diva of the highest order. Be a professional you loser!!

So sick of this guy.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All the above makes sense. +1

So the best move made here was Asik changing agents?

On the other hand, for all we know, Asik fired his previous agent because he was telling him these same things and didn't want to hear it.

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Exactly my thoughts. Asik was the best player in that trade, and he is now on our roster atleast till deadline. The only problem is, he is not happy to be on this team. I think that will change though since he doesn't have a choice.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Don't do him like that j-winner

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol @ people saying Asik trade value wasn't dropping.

19. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

He is interpreting it in the reverse point of view. We all accepted we were getting Bass/Lee/1st, but now the trade fell through. So, now we basically got Omer by "trading away those 3".

20. torocan

torocan Member

I'm sorry, but you lost ALL credibility when you compared Asik, a legitimate starting center who lost his job to arguably the best Center in the NBA to a rookie who managed to run himself out of the NBA.

Royce White isn't even on a NBA team. A 1st round draft pick with SO many issues that he couldn't even get 1 out of 30 teams to take a flyer on him on ROOKIE SCALE.

Asik missed a couple games. There's been some drama. And he'll eventually be moved for assets/picks. And he'll turn out just fine as a starting Center on another team.

They are nowhere near comparable.