1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

How about in Sweden?

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>League source told me &quot;nothing imminent&quot; as for Sixers and Asik trade rumors. I do believe if something is done it will be multiple teams</p>&mdash; Bob Cooney (@BobCooney76) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobCooney76/statuses/412575308869799936">December 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Play07

Play07 Member

I just hope we can get someone good with the asik trade. I look at portland and how they have improved so much with minor pieces over summer and just building off thier chemistry from last year. If we get a high impact player I would be very happy! if not im still going to question us adding some proven vet leadership and more defense over the summer.

lin/harden/bev/brooks
    harden/ iguodala/garcia
    iguodala/parsons/garcia
    millsapp/parsons/jones
    asik/smith/camby

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Let's get a real point guard instead of the two backups.

5. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

We have a true PG but we don't use him as PG and he's gone soon.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin is a SG in a PG's body. Bev is a role player with no passing skills or offensive playmaking.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hold Asik personally responsible for the last 2 loses. Could have really used him out there but the coward is just that. Too scared to fight with his teammates.

I can't wait till he's goner just looking at him on the bench makes me angry.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks has a veto option for any trades.

(ohh... that wasn't about AB... who could you be referring to???)

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets all time season assist leaders

1. john lucas 7.3 AVG
    2. Steve francis 6.3 AVG
    3. jeremy lin 6.1 AVG
    4. art williams 6.0 AVG
    5. james harden 5.8 AVG
    6. rafer alston 5.7 AVG
    7. Tracy Mcgrady 5.6 AVG
    8. kyle lowry 5.6 AVG
    9. clyde drexler 5.4 AVG
    10. sleepy floyd 5.4 AVG

10. dobro1229

You really got to think that him just being around the team sort of brings everyone else down with him as well. Its like having your ex girlfriend show up on a blind date.

Also I know D-Mo and Asik are pretty much best buds on the team. I hope that Asik's negativity hasn't been the reasoning for D-Mo not really busting out this year and producing well. Best thing for D-Mo is to get as far away from Asik as possible.

Reports are that the injury is somewhat legit, but if he was starting you'd have to think that he'd be up off the bench in a heartbeat.

11. dobro1229

I think the confusion really lies in the fact that traditional PG's of the past weren't normally high volume scoring guards at the same time. Nowadays you really can't hide a traditional PG who can't score by attacking & shooting.

In the modern NBA its really more about how big of a guard you can defend that really defines your position. Ideally on the offensive end, all guards should be interchangeable in their offensive skills to score, and facilitate.

Jeremy Lin is a guard who can defend the 1 and sometimes the 2.

12. Blaushark

Blaushark Member

I totally support this idea...!! Someone who can give double digit assits...and be a real playmaker... I believe we have enough scorer in this team..

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

The idea of a complicated 3 team trade constructed by Morey/Hinkie

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Chamillionaire

Hahaha. Repped.:grin:

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I bet Morey gets the Nets 2014 1st round draft pick from Boston.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is averaging six assists this season and I would hardly call him a pure point guard. Stats are not everything. Steve Francis was a ISO king and look at how misleading that stat is.We need someone who can make the offense flow better and get the ball to the right spots for efficient shots.

17. Raven

Raven Member

refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh/refresh

:grin:

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We need another wing defender that can help stop penetration and hit 3's when necessary. Either that or a stretch 4 that can slide over to center (Hawes). Our point guard position is stable if Bev can continue to hit big shots and shut down the opposing guard. Bev is out starter

19. Play07

Play07 Member

true but also take into consideration lin didn’t have the ball much last year and came off a knee injury. It could be easily 8+ assist if the offense was ran different LIN is the most unselfish player on the roster. Dream even said this summer LIN & HOWARD will be deadly. Morey & the coaching staff went a different route mainly because of lins contract, morey was thinking future not 6th man. I posted these numbers for people saying we need a true PG. I like rondo and he is a upgrade but lin is not bad at finding players either is my point.

20. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I knew this week was going to drag by when Feigen said a deal probably wouldn't happen till wednesday or thursday. Is it sad that even though he reported that I'm still constantly refreshing too? No work for me!