1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 12/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2013.

1. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

true.
    never underestimate an opponent, especially a "wounded" one.

they will try there best, we need to beat them and start as hard as we can.
    later in the secound half when the lead is big enoth, yo can rest the starters.

14-5 here we come. :)
    just don’t take this game lightly.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Can Parsons please lock up that giant Bieber looking dofus

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

I can't remember exactly what the situation was, but Popovich started the game against Miami with his bench (on the road), that's for sure. What I can't remember is that did he send his starters home to rest or not? Stern hit him big time.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember in the beginning of the season there was a thread on Parsons vs. Hayward. A lot of people picked Hayward.

It's clear who's better, and it's not Hayward.

5. pnr

pnr Member

The big three didn't travel with the team, I think...

6. pnr

pnr Member

He is a fcking idiot for turning down 4/40

7. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

stern was right about this.
    you need a fair and competitive league.
    just imagin the rockets and the clippers batelling on a playoff home court advantage and both have games late in the season against Miami.

Miami plays as hard as they can against us, to make sure that they are the best seeded team in the nba, and win. later in the last week of the season after they achieve there goal, they play their scrubs agains the clippers and lose.

the clippers get their playoffs home court advantage because of this one win, and the fate of a season in determined beacouse of an unfair decision.

1 person likes this.
  8. Oracle

Oracle Member

I can also see Sterns point here. It is not only adjusting conference standings. It is also a slap on the face for the people that bought expensive tickets to see some of the top lineups compete. There is a reason that there is also a lower limit to the salary structure. NBA works to make every game a competition, not only stats.

9. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Breakfast with Jazz 14-5.

Lunch in the Suns 15-5.

Dinner wounding the Warriors 16-5!

Finally dessert with ice Magics 17-5!

This is gonna be a good week, W9 streak and counting...

10. Exel

Exel Member

Really? You have to remember it was the Jazz offering this. Why sign with them when you get that with another team. The Jazz need to offer him way more than that to keep him in Utah.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im scared about this game...

not confident at all

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rest both Harden and Parsons. We can beat the Jazz with our bench.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's because it was a national tv game and the broadcaster kicked up a stink (there was talk they even refunded advertising slots).

14. N/A

N/A Member

Either Harden or Parsons should sit this one out. Maybe even both. They have chronic ailments which will probably last throughout the season. This is not good.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Trap game.

Yes, we should win this, but we suck when it comes to playing well in Utah. It feels like it takes everything to get out of that crappy state with a fair win.

We just came off of a big win, and it's plausible that our guys may be too high on themselves and forget that on any given night, ANY team can defeat another in the NBA. Even, the Jazz with their terrible fanbase, ownership and so-called Hall of Famers. Hey Karl, did you ever go to court for being a pedofile? :rolleyes::mad:

I hope the win streak continues. This year, as Rockets' fans, our hopes are high, obviously based on our free agency success, but also because our wins haven't been through desperation. We have been winning legitimately and sometimes without a whole lot of stress. That's nice for a change.

I've been a Rockets fan forever, but I still vividly remember the season that Stevie was out for a long period of time and the Rockets went through a double digit losing streak.

They worked their tails off and Cuttino Mobley was scoring more than 20 a game, but they always came up short. It was a somber time to be a fan during that streak, and when it was finally broken, the damage was too much to make the playoffs.

The last time- in my opinion- that the Rockets had a legitimate chance to win it all was with RonRon and Yao. We even had a healthy Tmac for a little while before he went down. That team was special and had a proven coach.

This year, I have that same feeling based on the talent on our roster. We look good and TJones has surprised me. We're still one shooter forward from contending. Well, that, and a high-caliber coach that can analyze the game as it is happening, and not make excuses after. Luckily, our players have taken over.

Winning games in Utah and other trap games is another step to get over the "good" to "great" hump.

Gotta love our Rockets. :)

16. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

X 2, I think they are much better now with a pg who is the reigning college player of the year. We better play our game.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Actually we could probably stand to pull a Pop and rest Dwight too. This seems like a good time to showcase Omer.

Beverley/Brooks/Cisco/Brewer/Casspi/Jones/Asik/Dmo... sounds like a team that can beat the J*zz

18. borednsleepy

borednsleepy Member

It was last year, on a national TV. Pop decided to send his big 3 home.

"contrary to the best interests of the NBA."

and were fined for 250,000. more than nba donation to philippines.

19. MazelTov

MazelTov Member

Let's not underestimate the Jazz, they looked pretty good on their last two games against the Suns.

In the first game they lost by a margin of eleven points but both teams played beautiful basketball and the game was interesting, and in the other game Utah was able to come up with the win against Phoenix which is a decent team in the Western conference.

The Utah Jazz is starting to build its chemistry, of course they will not advance to the playoffs because they just don't have enough talent to do so, but as many others said, this game might be a trap game, Utah can give us problems, I think we will win this one, but I'm not sure if it would be easy to win this one.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Omer can help Howard out when he runs out of gas. The bench needs to come up big in this game.