1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Should we keep Schaub for next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheDreamShake83, Nov 25, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm not familiar what Palmer's contract looked like when he got traded to the Cardinals, but even a 6th for Schaub feels like robbery. At least Palmer still had the deep ball and made Denarius Moore look relevant for a bit. Schaub has week 1 and week 2 that could maybe buy Mr. Irrelevant.

2. Cow Pattie

Cow Pattie Member

Thank Schaub for his years of service...he did show us some flashes of brilliance. Commend him on his endless desires to lead this team in the most abysmal of situations. Retire his number and bid him farewell. Even Brett Favre had to call it quits.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh what will Momentum BMW do???

CORNER BACK KAREEM JACKSON HERE doesn't have the same ring to it.

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

5. Summer Song Giver

Cut Schaub, absorb the cap hit and move on. I'm all for keep Case and TJ and drafting a guy in rd 1 or 2, then at camp having an open competition where the best man starts the season. If the rokie wins the job, you can not move away from him though, once you make the decision you have to stand by it for a year or two; for that reason I'd be more inclined to start the year with either Case or TJ and work the rookie in down the road.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

They're going to keep him because they just signed him to that extension this year. Not sure what we could get in trade for him at this point, but if we came away with a bag of doritos we would be lucky. Schaub has been exposed as a fraud, he has no leadership skills, he can't play under pressure of any form, he's not even a game manager anymore.

Kubiak and Rick Smith should both be out of the job after this year, though. If they are still here at training camp, then I will have lost all faith in this organization.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The extension was signed at the beginning of last season. There is a way out if he's designated a post-June 1 cut. He will not be back.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't recall Carson Palmer ever throwing 5 pick sixes in a row and singlehandedly ruining his teams season.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

To be fair to Matt, we still haven't won a game since we took him out lol :(

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

Heck no. Sign him to a new 6 year extension.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

There is no way that Schaub would be on this roster next season, his time here was over after the Raiders's game.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

honestly, even if we should bring him back for the reasons you mentioned, his price tag is way too high for a mentor/stopgap QB.

also, schaub definitely wants to start somewhere. he doesnt want to mentor our first round pick for a year then be let go. i think he'd rather be let go for the chance to start somewhere else

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah sure, someone has gotta hold that clip board!

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Interesting....

Times have changed.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

But at least we have stopped being blown out due to gifting them points.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is the truth. Still, I think it would be better for both parties if the team moved on and Matt sat on someone else's bench.

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

ban his number is the better prase. retire schaubs number?? lulz

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

with matt we were losing by muliple TDs, case took ober and we were losing by a field goal..

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope - got to cut ties with him, he is done like dinner.

DD

20. MystikArkitect

Absolutely not. Though I'm 90% sure that if he goes elsewhere he is capable of leading a team to the playoffs. At the beginning of the season I was sure Schaub was the problem...turns out it's been Kubiak. Need to purge this entire city of the Kubiak stench, I'd fire the chairs he sat on if I could.