1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

AB must have talked to Adelman before the game or something because I haven't seen him play like that since those two were still together.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hope hey can find some more rotation minutes for him. His shooting is sooo valuable. I've always loved the way he has played. He is also the perfect kind of guy who can come in when a star is hurt and score in bunches.

3. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Career high for AB? If you are under 12, I can understand why. He was the most improved player winner several years ago. You should have asked how many times he scored 30+.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He absolutely deserves minutes. There is no reason why he can't get 10-15 minutes a game.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If he's gonna play like this, we should try to get him some minutes. His D is still terrible, but he can have games like this where he just goes off. 10-15 min's a game might be worth a look.

Harden needs to play less minutes , and frankly Cisco is playing pretty poorly right now. No need for Bev or Lin to lose minutes.

Bev 28
    Lin 28
    Brooks 14
    Harden 32
    Cisco 14
    Parsons 28
    Casspi 20
    Jones 28
    Howard 32
    Asik 16

Something like this adjusted for game situations. I'm just not a fan of Harden,Howard and Parsons playing such massive minutes. Maybe they commit more energy.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

rockets noob detected lol :p:p

7. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

LOL @ career high.

AB is a baller. Love watching him play!

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think a big reason was when he realized the fans still go insane over him. His post game interview when he came back and hit a 3 ball in garbage time showed how much he liked it. The fans were chanting his name when he was on the bench.

9. gambingo

gambingo Member

Would love to see AB out there more, he and Lin seem to be a good fit on court together.

10. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Well once we trade Asik there should be more mins to go around.

11. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

Only if they can cut down on the TO.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

For the most part I agree; his D is not good. But tonight he did a good job covering Barea and he had some nice deflections. He gave a great all-around effort tonight.

13. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

He's going to be crucial down the stretch of the season, and in playoffs.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Brooks puts in effort on D, so he was able to cover Barea because they're about the same size. Problem is that Brooks is 5'10" (despite whatever the NBA has him listed as. I've stood next to the guy before and he was my height) and that's just too small to guard NBA pgs effectively.

15. conquistador#11

even more appreciation for him now. Remember when he walked off from the court and would regularly stand up radio hosts? He had a huge case of the ronald miller, but he became humble and is making the most of every opportunity. got to respect and love that.

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Abs defense problems only have to do with his size. He doesn't play particularly bad positionally or in terms of effort. He's just so small

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

AB is far and away the best 3rd-string PG in the NBA.

19. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I agree.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard: &quot;I think the story of the night is our little MVP Crazy Legs (his nickname for Aaron Brooks <a href="https://twitter.com/Thirty2zero">@Thirty2zero</a> )&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/404459172877438977">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>