1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is official, Harden the laziest guard at NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryfans, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Grinds

Grinds Member

20 questions much?

Your info must be easily defeated.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This isn't street fighter.

3. Grinds

Grinds Member

Maybe it is and dropped his quarters.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Calm yo @** down buddy... I responded to specifically to what you said and not what anyone else said. If that was the case I would have responded to them. And Asik has heart... You're right about that.. But I'm not impressed with Parsons. His defense is just as bad as Harden and Lin...He gives up just as many as he scores. But for the most part all those guys were bench caliber players and if they started on another team _ it would probably be a lottery team.

With that said _ of course Harden has flaws... People act like these guys are suppose to be GREAT so young.. But the same people forget how long it took guys like Jordan, Olajuwon, KG, LeBron, etc...

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Maybe he's just waiting for your sack to drop.

6. Grinds

Grinds Member

Still waiting for it to be necessary.

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

The specific topic at hand is "laziness on defense". One of the worst flaws a player can have, especially if he's your best player.

KG, MJ, Hakeem, LeBron are irrelevant

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

No need to argue with those few who can't handle the truth Grinds. Some people just love to get butt hurt over whatever. They think they are superior than lofs but they are acting exactly like lofs.

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

Harden is 24 years old.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

again, is Thabo a relatively one of the better SG defenders in the western conference and if not, can you name one who is

#150 vlaurelio, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Post your link, player.

We can compare multiple 2's and 3's if you're down.

12. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Let's be real, these statistics don't really mean anything (except maybe evaluating the amount of tread, or wear and tear, on a player, i.e. Parsons). But, Harden is a very lazy player: if he doesn't have the ball on offense, he's usually just lounging and observing from a few feet behind the 3 and on defense, we all know he struggles with ball watching and simply not caring about playing D. That being said, he's still by far our best offensive player, and is far more valuable on the court than off.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Actually one of the worst flaws a player can have is not being able to score or help teammates score. Defense can be worked around with good coaching and other good defensive players _ something the Rockets don't have... See Magic Johnson _ he was a HORRIBLE defender and Chicago was a still a darn good defensive team when Jordan left the first time.

Singling out Harden's defense is irrelevant at this point _ this is a team full of bad defenders and or bad coaching... Did you not see the Philly game...??? Everybody in their starting lineup scored 15 points are better... Lol.. Defense is more about the entire team and the style of defense they play than it is about the individual. Parsons, Lin, Bev, etc show plenty effort _ BUT, effort is nothing if you're not stopping anyone...

14. Remii

Remii Member

Dude look at Harden... Look at his body... He doesn't have the makeup of a supreme athlete. I think he's tiered if anything with all those minutes. If his minutes were dropped and he did a lil less on offense he would probably show more activity.

15. Grinds

Grinds Member

You said "actually" as you're correcting me. I stated "one of" not "the" worst. Then you include 2 attributes in comparing flaws... scoring OR helping teammate score... laughable.

Defense wins championships, so laziness on defense is THE worst flaw for your best player. It sets a horrible example for rest of the team and shows a lack of leadership. Sound familiar? Said it in my first post which also conjured weak responses.

Singling out Harden will always be relevant until his effort changes. Change may be coming after he heals.

16. Grinds

Grinds Member

*as IF you're correcting

17. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Are we looking at the same person? Harden is 6'4"/6'5", 220lbs, with pretty decent hops, speed, and quickness. Sure, he's no LBJ, but he's definitely at least an above average athlete even by NBA standards.

I do believe his minutes should be dropped by 2-4min/game for concerns about his future, but I have yet to see a game this year where Harden could afford a long, extended rest without putting a win in jeopardy (or at least not making a loss more competitive).

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you don't want to compare apples to apples?

again name one of the better defenders at the SG position in the Western Conferece.. time to step up son

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Same LOFs in here who's entire post history consist of 50% hating on Harden and 50% worshipping Lin.

20. Grinds

Grinds Member

Bonita Applebum vs Christina Applegate