1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, I'd say this was probably the most complete game we've played as a team. There was only one very brief stretch where Denver made a run which capped out with the Rockets up 7. Other than that they never really threatened. Pretty much domination.

If Harden was his usual self on offense it could have been a 30 point blowout in the 4th quarter honestly.

Jones played great, but I'm not sold that he's our starting PF long term yet. He's gotta keep doing this before I'm willing to say, k, we don't need to trade for a power forward.

IF he keeps it up for a few more games, maybe that will convince Morey to start looking into defensive oriented wings in a potential Asik trade.

2. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

TJones got a double-double (14pts, 12rebs - more than DH) and DMo was posting up better than Howard in his first game with meaningful minutes (12 pts in 16mins). Knowing our PFs can step in and have a big game made me really happy! Dwight also had 25 points on 4/6. Crazy, but awesome.

Not having another rim protector like Asik to back up Howard did hurt us a bit when Denver decided to start attacking when Howard sat. Hope Asik starts to 'feel better' soon and plays.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

That is great to know that our PF's play well. We are basically running PF by committee w/ Dmo and Jones.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes...

5. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Yes & no... 5 of his assists came in the 4th quarter, and mainly beginning around mid 4th quarter, when Houston was up by 12 or 14 and Denver started implementing Hack-a-Dwight. In addition, he only had 16 points until Hack-a-Dwight too. Before that, for most of the game, he was kept in check by Bev and to a certain extent by Lin. Lawson got deep into the paint because of the multiple double screens they ran over and over. Denver has no one else to depend on regarding scoring and playmaking since they are so depleted. Houston on the other hand had every starter with assists, and Lin with 7.

At the top half of the 3rd, Denver made a huge push and cut the lead down to 6 I think. But Dwight got his 4th foul and sat. Casspi came in, which pushed Jones to the center position. The pace picked up for Houston, and the team got back most of the large lead lost during Denver's push. From that point on it was kinda smooth sailing.

6. conquistador#11

that's what it felt like but they began to do hackahoward with 5m and 38s left in the game. Up to that point, Lawson had just 13 points.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Indeed it's comical. Lin drops 34-12 but the Rockets lose in Philly! So they're angry he turns it over too much! He's still too reckless! Now we have a guy on the opposing team drop some numbers in a loss (inflated numbers too when you count all the extra possession gained from hacking Dwight) and all of a sudden it's "OMG, how do we get that guy on your team??!?!"

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

I noticed that too. I loveD the balance of the team today. Harden was still doing a few ISOs too much, but he is also getting it and we're starting to see that beautiful passing groove. I'm very pleased with everybody tonight. Let's hope Smith will be back soon!

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't want to see any "sanity" at all. I want to see good team play with superb ball movement. That will bring Houston Ws. Any "sanity" game is a sign that the team is not working as a team. The Rockets have a wonderful and deep roster that can compete against just about anybody in the league when they play as a team.

Look at "Kyriesanity" in Cleveland. The team is about to break down because of it.

10. PeppermintCandy

I'm half hoping teams keep up their hack a howard strategy. Reportedly, his free throw problem is mostly a mental thing, so what better way to overcome it than being forced to go to the line a ton during real games?

11. vlee

vlee Member

I get that fans want their team to have the best player in the league for every single position especially PG (going by this board at least), but this place is nuts. You have to think about how Player X would fit with the Rockets and what role Player X has on his current team. Every time a top 10 PG plays against the Rockets, are we going to constantly have posts saying, "How do we get him?" Can't you guys just be happy with the win and not try to replace our current PGs with whoever the opposing PG is.

12. PnRScreen

PnRScreen Rookie

Parson, Dmo and Jones stepped up.

It takes away the offensive load from Lin and Harden.

And don't forget hack a dwight that last for most of the 4th quater.....

who cares as long as we win....ROFL

13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

The curse has been broken guys.
    They finally won a game with MORE assists (27) than TOs (17) [​IMG]

Now we just need Dwight to accept he's not a post player, have him fully embrace the deadly PnR and the team is ready to roll. [​IMG]

14. timyeung

timyeung Member

Team ball really is better then me ball. It gets everyone involved and everyone in the team feels they contributed together for the win. It builds chemistry. Look at Melo. He scored 45 points against us and he still lost.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

"I look at this positively. Your positive statement did not break down who had what, but I'm still viewing this positively."

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Look at Lin's Turnovers! Oh wait, can't b**** about that. So Lawson is better than Lin, yeah?

1 person likes this.
  17. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lawson is a bad match-up for Lin and Harden. They're both too lead footed laterally to keep up with him.

On the flip-side; Lin can blow by him as well if given the usage.

18. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Wow 69 page thread. All is well in rocket land for today at least!

19. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Maybe wins generate less posters than losses. Lol

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nice! I know you're trying to be a smart el-lick here, but 1 TO for a guy like Lin that has his hand on the ball all day is great.