1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to begin season with Beverley, Asik as starters; Jeremy Lin off bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 29, 2013.

1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Right. Shooting guards need the ball in their hands to score not to pretend they're John Stockton's long lost step brother.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He is trying to win the most games, that's what a coach does.

Jeremy Lin fans will have to learn the hard way that Lin isn't who they think he is. He isn't a loser who pouts with a confidence of a 13 year old. He is a grown man who values winning and will do what it takes to help the team win.

1 person likes this.
  3. zdrav

zdrav Member

I think they're desperate to find a way to pay Chandler Parsons once his contract expires. Of course it could all backfire if Beverley starts demanding Lin-type money (or more) after the pittance he's been paid so far.

Lin played great this preseason. Contrary to what the haters have wished for, he's proven to be legit NBA starter. Whatever his situation is, he'll excel.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Only thing that i will miss because of this move will be Blaiyan's Lin+Rockets highlights. Now it's gonna be just Lin :(. I cant see Dwight highlights :(

5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Don't worry. If Lin in his 6th man role can lead the 2nd unit to dominate and win games like Linsanity days, Lakers will want his service in 2 years and his agent will get a BIG contract for his client at Lakerland.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I could actually see lin usage go up and as will his points per game as well as a 6th man. If he averages 17 a game I wouldn't be surprised.He will come in and straight away he'll be in control of the second unit and free reign to control the tempo.

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

He never said he wanted the Rockets to fail. He said that he believes the Rockets will fail because they're not starting one of their best players.

8. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

a silver lining

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This is the 2nd time today that I've seen someone mention Lin going to the Lakers. I would actually love to see all the Lin fans invade LakersGround lol.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Match made in heaven.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

There is no evidence they will and he is wishing it to prove a point. Watch the game threads from here on, bev will be bashed even more from here on.

12. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I'm not wishing anything. I'm just saying what I think and I have been saying it since day one. Harden isn't a player that is going to lead a team to a championship with a usage % as high as Lebron James. The guy turned the ball over just as much as he dished it out against OKC and he shot under 40% from the field. He ain't that type of player man.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

And hopefully they wont comeback.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is a good move.

If it doesn't work out, we trade Asik for a legit PF. If it does work out, then great.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

these dudes can't find houston on a map of houston

16. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Thanks but no. I'm saying the decision to bench Lin and start Beverley had nothing to do with Lin and Beverley and everything to do with catering to a player the coaching staff feels needs to have the ball in his hands every single possession and a player they feel can bare the brunt of the responsibility on offense and then pretend even though he's never given max effort on defense when he had less responsibility he's going to give max effort with more. And if you don't get max defensive effort from your best player well he's pretty much digging a hole the team isn't going to get out of.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They really would deserve each other.

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Lin is a far superior player to Johnson, whom I watched for many years. Johnson was a good midrange shooter but was not a good passer or defender and did not have 3-point range.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so Harden, Parsons, PBev, and Asik didn't improve and Dwight doesn't add anything at all?

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Boston Rockets.. That's what one of them wrote when he signed with us on the knicks facebook page.