1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McHale: "I have two starting point guards."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Lettuce be real. In terms of option and basic threat.

1a. Harden
    1b. Howard

2. Parsons/Lin/Bev

3. Rest of team.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I assure you Morey and Les view Dwight and Harden as the #1 and #2 guys. Who on the roster do you think is a better player than those two?

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Answer: none. Let's move on here. Nothing to see. No one to catch.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm sorry man, I'm not an advanced stats guy. I think you would be able to find the relevant stats in TTNN's thread.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=245292

Please read my posts more carefully. You are extremely prone to mis-reading. Or you do it on purpose to bug people? You're a strong pest I'll give you that. There is nothing "either/or", or "only when" in my post. It's more like "tending to". Your nitpicking is really getting old.
    No, no, no, don't put words into my mouth. He runs pick and rolls, drive and kicks, alley-oops etc.
    Exactly! It isn't that bad of a choice. I never said it's real bad! You guys are way too sensitive. His FG% is down but he makes up for it by going to the line.

Personally, I'm not such a huge fan of a non-big man living at the line. It's dangerous for his career. It's easy to get injured and fatigued. It doesn't make one's teammates much better. At critical moments of the games, refs swallow their whistles, especially in away games. Or it could just be a bad ref. (that happens a lot) If Harden becomes MJ/Kobe/Durant and get touch foul star treatment it's a different story. A minor reason is that it is not so exciting to watch. Again, I said it's "in a way" a choice between these two but I never this one is far better than the other or anything like that. I do prefer a more team orientated offense especially with Dwight on board but it doesn't mean it's bad otherwise.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nitpicking? This is what you said.

You want to explain how this is not implying the offense is nothing but Harden ISO when Jeremy Lin is not on the court?

You have a habit of saying the most ridiculous and baseless things, but instead of owning up to what you say you simply claim everyone else misread what you said.

Maybe you should think before you post. Instead of blaming everyone else for misreading your post, take up responsibility and work on getting your message across clearly. That's the Jeremy Lin way, and Jeremy Lin would disapprove of your lack of responsibility.

[​IMG]

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you don't even have basic stats to backup your claim?

when harden is on the court, what percentage of plays have assists involved vs plain ISO?

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You again refuse to read my post.
    I will respond to your nitpicking one last time: the choice is between who is starting. Just because a player starts doesn't mean that is all that will happen. If Lin plays, him distributing to others wouldn't be the only thing that happen.

~lol~ This is moronic now. You misread my post (and many others') and suddenly claim I am the one who is blaming you? Quit your antic please, it's getting really really really old. (like if I say, "you have this problem", and you'll go like, "actually YOU have the problem) How old are you? It's getting real old.......

[​IMG]
    "It's tough to keep but not impossible," "NO! You evil! It's extremely difficult!!!!!"

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

ISO doesn't mean no assists. ISO could be: four players standing at the baseline or three point line, one guy holds the ball, faking, shooting or dribbling. He drives past a defender, another defender comes help, someone becomes open, dish, boom!

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. Awesome, just awesome. Wouldn't have expected any other response.

Say something stupid.

Get called out for saying something stupid.

Claim your stupid comment was misunderstood.

Repeat.

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Good job ignoring the response.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Actually most Rockets fans don't give a damn who starts. A lot of us have seen how two point guards with different strengths can complement each other from Kenny Smith/Sam Cassell to Lowry/Dragic. It was not uncommon for Sam Cassell to finish games while Kenny Smith, the starter, sat on the bench. The goal is to win, not get your favorite player the most points or playing time. Kevin McHale himself, a first round pick, perennial all-star and Hall of Famer, came off the bench for years in the NBA. Anyone that takes it as a slight to Lin needs to get a little perspective and join reality.

Let his play prop him up, not his fans.

12. ichirohiro

ichirohiro New Member

This year, the problem will go to "who is the #1"

13. hbomb

hbomb Member

"I want Lin to be the towel holder, or traded to another team. He is not worthy to be in the NBA".

Wow. :S

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Who cares as long as they push each other to become better players, a little competition never hurt nobody

15. imaginedragons

In a nutshell that sentence probably summarizes the whole Lin brouhaha in these forums.

Only when the LOFs stop propping him up to unrealistic levels will the LOHs stop having a reason to bring him down to likewise unreal depths ("towel holder"??).

Just let him play and let him and his coaches see where he rightfully belongs, just like the other 99% of the players experience.

16. conquistador#11

Linverely need to play pick and roll D so much better. When timmy bounces lin 10 yards, it's a free lane for phrenchie. When Ibaka screens off Bev, Jackson puts up career performances.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you expect to him pass to someone who's not open risking turnover or a badshot?

doesn't steve nash and chris paul do the same thing?

so your problem is not that harden is selfish, but it's because he's the number 1 option and the opponent are doing a good job defending his teammates

18. trock

trock Member

I have my own opinion on the matter, but I've said many times, I can see it working either way. I'm only pointing out to the poster I having a pleasant discussion with why Lin fans might take slight at some of the suggestions on this board. If you wanted Toney Douglas to play over Lin, you're not a fan of the Rockets.

Everyone has favorites. You say something critical of Parsons, Harden, Beverley on this board, and someone will undoubtedly jump to their defense. It's expected.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You are absolutely right it is getting moronic. It would seem impossible to have any type of reasonable debate with you, because you make absolutely no sense, and I highly doubt anyone else understood what you just said.

But I don't expect much from a person who claimed he has been a Rocket fan for many years but didn't even know David Stern veto'd a blockbuster trade involving this team.

20. Orange1

Orange1 Member

That is not the issue. This is a team sport. It is not an individual sport. No 1 or No 5 does not matter. The only one matters is a team win. No true fan should care about any individual performance ahead of the team win.

Lebron and team will not win the final trophy without Ray Allen 3 point shots or Battier's shots. Kobe and team will not win those trophies without Derek Fisher's or Robert Horry's clutch shots.........

Who should have the final shot? No 1 or No 2 options? Who cares. Coaches and players would know right at that critical moment. No 1 or No 2 options just meant NBA owners were willing to give particular players more confidence in term of scoring/defense abilities.

PS. Harden came here not just for a max contract. I am sure Morey assured him he would be mgmt's No 1 options then unless you could show me the owner of Mavs could not afford him a max contract while playing 1 2nd to Dirk. Plus Lakers did give Dwight a max contract. He chose to play with a young team with chemistry even before he joined here.