1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much do you like this core?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Oct 11, 2013.

1. hltiki

hltiki Member

option 1 and option 3.

A harden and Durant straight up trade tho? that's wishful thinking right there.

2. hltiki

hltiki Member

why arent more ppl choosing 1?

If you have the chance to get a player which transcends all others in his generation, the generations previous and after, then you do and give everything for that player. The man is on his way to surpassing MJ.... This isn't another Kobe Bryant, a Grant Hill (pre-injuries), or some other player destined to become close to MJ, but this is one who is destined to become the greatest, surpassing even His Airness.

If, say at this very moment, the Heat offered LBJ for Harden and Howard and the Rockets don't take that offer... oh dear god... iono wtf to say to that...

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I would only trade Howard for Lebron and Harden for Durant

4. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I would trade for Option 3. But OKC won't be as dumb, they already got hustled by the Rockets once.

5. just a word

just a word Member

1) No because you butcher the cap space
    2) No because good SG's are rarer than good PG's
    3) No because playing with Howard. Durant does better with a PG (Westbrook) creating havoc and being hyper-efficient... granted if the team still has at least two decent playmakers (ie. starter + bench... + injury backup) then this might work.

Still like the current setup though.

6. Reach

Reach Member

The only player I would trade Harden and Howard together for is Jeremy Lin.

7. three

three Member

I just think a dominant 2way centre is the most important piece in basketball. If Dwight had a better post game and could shoot 70%+ from the free throw line, Lebron would be no. 2 on those espn rankings. Fyi, I would take Dream over Jordan too.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like it alot. from here ---------------------------to here.

9. bmd

bmd Member

How much do you like this core?

[​IMG]

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I think Dwight, Harden, Parsons, and even Bev are set in stone.

Rest of the guys like D-Mo and T-Jones may be traded.

11. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

The Heat and Thunder would laugh at that proposal and then fart though the phone speaker

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vdS9pdiYF4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

1 and 3 are good

I would consider Harden for Paul George and a pick

George isnt as fancy as Harden w the funny beard and euro step and all but is highly effective AND AMAZING defender where Harden is more a one way player similar more to a Carmelo who's style isnt great for winning at least in a primary role

our defense would be sick with George

Howard
    Parsons (move him to PF)
    George
    Beverly
    Lin

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

IF he did, you may be right (I still don't think so, but maybe), but he doesn't. Also you don't always have to have a dominant two way center to win, especially if you have the best player in the world. Look at the Heat the last two years, they didn't even have a true center, and look back to the Bulls with Jordan, they never had a dominant center.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

If that ? from Miami side is Bosh, I'd do it.

Asik
    Bosh
    Parsons
    LeBron
    Lin

That's a dangerous team. I'd do Harden for Durant, too, but that's about it.

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This too, I would I trade Harden for George + a little extra. George isn't not a fancier scorer, I do think he can peak in the low 20s like 22pg, but he's a very good rebounder, solid playmaker(not as good as Harden), but an excellent defender. Could see George at 22/7/5 with excellent D.

17. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

kD is definitely seeing how cheap okc is....

18. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Harden swap for Durant is pretty ridiculous idea. As good as Harden is, he's not anywhere near Durant's level at this moment in his career.

19. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

20. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Sure you say Lebron and Durant and anything's possible. But Miami's never trading Lebron.

Buuuuuuttttt.... would Lebron come to Houston this next offseason? Could that even work? Would we have to pull a Brooklyn-Kirilenko and would Les have to pay Lebron in unmarked bills on the side?