1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Simone78

Simone78 Member

Honestly, whatever fans or coach or management think about Lin as a player, it's really stupid not to start him in any of those games in Asia. There are enough games later to go starting Bev.
    It really shows nothing but lack of intelligence.

2. torocan

torocan Member

It's preseason, so in practical terms it doesn't really matter.

However, it probably would have been better to start Lin and switch him early if he wanted to experiment with the starting line up given that international games are essentially major league/team showcases as much as they are for the local fans.

No doubt Stern and co would be unhappy about this move. And I'm not sure Alexander would be crazy about it either.

Will be interesting to see the minutes distribution, and whether McHale does the same when they hit Taiwan.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why are people acting like 10 yr olds about Lin not starting this game? Geez

4. Star

Star Member

Go to hell McHale.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

This is a fair comment.

6. Lowly3

Lowly3 Member

Luckily he's got two of the best play making guards to prevent him from making too much guards coaching mistakes

7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

It's not surprising, Mchale has never had much faith in Lin, he's like an LOH, except with the power to actually to something.

I got this funny feeling watching the practise videos, bev with harden and Dwight instead of Lin. And the way McHale keeps talking about how Linsanity was a fluke, except using nicer language. I feel really sorry for Jeremy he bought all that crap from Morey and Les hoping he'd get a better situation than he has in new york, but it takes a long time for deeply ingrained prejudices to be worn down.

One can only hope he does well enough in the sixth man role to get a good trade to a coach that will respect his ability and talent in January.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

McHale waiting until he's in Manila to test bench Jeremy Lin. That's the ultimate trolling, because people in the Philippines clearly bought these tickets ages ago to see Patrick Beverley.

9. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Except this is entirely consistent with Mchale's treatment of Lin from the beginning. I'd say this is how it will be from now on unless the beverly experiment is a failure, which I don't see how it can be since Beverely is a decent player and Harden and Howard will cover up everything else.

That's why Bev's with the starting group in scrimmages. So the writing was on the wall really.

10. wil55n

wil55n Member

Sitting where I am now, living a good life, I find this all pretty amusing.
    But there was a time when I was living in a poorer family, saving what I could to see the sports player and musicians I admired. From that respect, I truely feel sorry for the Pilipino fans who obviously love Lin and spent a large amount of income to see a once in a lifetime event for them.

11. conquistador#11

calvin murphy the biggest lof'er out there said last game at halftime, "how can you play pg without the ball." well, we see now how.

12. Star

Star Member

You people don't understand.

They pay top dollars to see Lin not Bev. If Lin is not there this game would not even be that huge.

And this is a preseason, who care about win or lose. You want to experiment with the line up, you do that back in Houston not Philippines or Taiwan.

If the r****ded McFail do this again in Taiwan, he would be killed there.

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Wait, you're telling me McHale doesn't have faith in Lin's game? Who would've thunk it??
    lol. I'm sure Lin being a team player and working especially hard in the off season, he's perfectly fine with his coach sending him to the bench... lol.

14. wil55n

wil55n Member

Let's just hope Coach gives Jeremy lots of (maybe even more than usual) minutes so that the fans get what they deserve.

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Cause asians have payed alot of $$ to go support their boy, the tickets prices are really pumped up. Seriously i am ok with experimenting, but timing and place is just off for it.

16. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

It's like Jeremy said, this is where he's been his entire life.

17. basketballrock

mchale mess up

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

People wanted to see this, now let's see if it's going to work out for the better.

I don't care who starts as long as we get the win.

I still love you Lin, don't worry :p

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

I am from the Philippines and mostly no one there gives two ****s about Lin. Talk about overreaction from Lin's r****ded fans.

1 person likes this.
  20. hahachui

hahachui Member

They bought tickets to see Lin com"on
    It is business!!!! He shouldnot bench Lin in Asia.
    Really hate this move