1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Hugh Jackman & Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Prisoners'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Sep 20, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would say no. Zodiac was about a 9.5/10 in my book. Absolutely loved that movie.

This was about an 8.5-9/10 for me. Close, but not quite there. Others might disagree though.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Just saw it last night... Awesome movie. Excellent story and great acting all around. Tough to watch at parts but overall it was a great movie.

3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Just got done watching. Awesome movie in my opinion, some disturbing parts and ehh idk could have had a better way of ending it. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were awesome

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

So what was with the snakes? And to me Alex wasn't an accomplice, he just wanted to play with the girls, hence the "they only cried when they left me", or was he and am I missing out something? That dog scene definitely proved how effed up he was.
    Great movie.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I guess the original kidnapper (the guy with the necklace that died in the priest's basement) had a bunch of snakes for pets. The guy they caught was just a copycat who read a book that detailed the original kidnappers life and wanted to be like him by buying children's clothes and a whole bunch of snakes.

As far as Alex goes, he went through years of abuse and drugged on LSD his entire life that he probably has an IQ of a 3 year old and basically just does whatever his "aunt" tells him to do. He did lead the girls to the aunt's house though, but not with any ill intentions.

6. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Jake Gyllenhaal's twitch made the movie superb

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

This. fantastic movie + great acting from everyone. Really creepy in certain parts though

8. ILoveWhiteGirls

Yeah, you might want to make the connection that after upon releasing your suspect and having him under the 48hr surveillance, it's probably best to go check up on one of the victim's father to see where he's been going this whole time? Overall, this movie is beautifully shot, My goodness. I don't know about these crime procedural pictures but damn they look so freaking good on screen. Jack Gyllenhall might be typecast here because once again he's the detective/cop or whatever.

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Maria Bello is the weakest of the cast. Her acting isn't as strong as it used to be.

10. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I love this movie great script and acting 10/10 (not an over-exaggerating) probably in my personal top 20 now

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Not even close but still very good and well thought out

12. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I think it favors comparably because of the reason that drives the action of the antagonist, and both have similarities but highlight certain things more so (like zodiac shows more of his family breaking down).

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

just got back from this movie

8.5/10 very good movie

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Just watched it and wanted to bump this to say Gyllenhaal acted the **** out of this movie.