1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs. Thomas Robinson Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I thought if they don't put LeBron numbers up in first season they are bust.

He's a rook, I think he will be much more solid than Patterson.

Also, T-Rob has a much better vertical than Sanders. Sanders has a longer wingspan though.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is why trobs potential is so high give him time his potential is a player like tonight double his minutes and he's 20 and 16. Now obviously that's not always the case but I think tonight he showed you the type of player I have been trying to tell you guys he was. He's ultra quick can draw fouls and has good handles for a big man. He's also a monster on the boards and is very active on the defensive end. There's alot of things he needs to work on but the foundation is there. Personally and I know alot of ppl won't agree I think he has more Allstar potential than dmo. Once he refines his game and gets more comfortable with the team watch out because what he did tonight is what he did every night at Kansas. His style of play translates to the new NBA if he can get a money 15-18 ft jumper watch out the sky's the limit.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

How about that scrub Thomas Robinson tonight? Does this mean that Carl will stop clamoring for PPat if even for one night?

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

In 3 games for Houston, Thomas Robinson is shooting 83% from the field. And he's not yet had his shot blocked.

I know it's early, but I thought he couldn't finish and always got blocked....

5. dchoye

dchoye Member

Do we really need more three point shooters at the PF positions?
    T-Rob and D-Mo got 8 each for total 16 rebounds
    They used their leverage inside
    I like that

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Sample size.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If he keeps up 83% shooting, it will be acceptable. 83% is a solid B/B-.

8. BreakYoSelfFool

Is that on the Parson's scale :confused: 83% for a game maybe, but for a season, its gotta be a B+

9. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

This thread is straight stupid.

10. dmoneybangbang

So is this per 8 games or 12 games or what?

11. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Yes, he probably has elite speed and quickness for a PF

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

How are we supposed to track Patrick Patterson now that he is a 3rd string benchwarmer behind juggernauts like Jason Thompson and Carl Landry? Are we supposed to track his eating habits? Or the hot spots he frequents at? Cuz we sure as hell won't be able to track his stats since he won't be putting up any from the bench.

At least it is on a stacked contender like the Sacramento Kings.

1 person likes this.
  13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Damn this was awesome.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot defensive juggernaut Luc Mbah a Moute

15. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Well that's good to hear, that means when his rookie scale ends we'll have a strong chance to be able to sign him back on a good deal.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

So 4th string?

Quick Carl, go check Glamour.com for the latest tidbits on Patrick Patterson. Maybe there is some more news on cute date night outfits?

Because you sure as hell won't find any basketball news on this bum.

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I think Patterson would be a great fit in this starting line-up too... I'd love for him to be back somehow... Undersized slightly, but plays great team defense, fantastic mid-to-three point range. Smart player... I'd really really like to have him back..

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

so why are we comparing these 2 ex-Rockets?

we also weren't willing to pay PPat his salary raise after he finished his rookie season

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should be able to admit when we're wrong. I still think the Patterson/Garcia trade-off is debateable and no-doubt Carl was annoying when it came to this issue, but he was right about the Robinson/Patterson comparison. I really do think P-Pat would be the perfect fit next to Dwight.

The long term implication is debateable, because I don't think we would have re-signed Patterson and I DO think Garcia has been/will be an excellent acquisition. But it wasn't a slam dunk deal.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thread was started on February 27, 2013, when Thomas Robinson was still a Rocket. The comparison was relevant then to this board.

The comparison is not very relevant now, given that neither players is still with the team and neither player has played in an NBA game for months. This thread has been resurrected by an idiot to attack me because I called him out for making kneejerk threads.