1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Having trouble deciding. Rivers or Newton??

2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

That's tough. Gut-choice, I'd go with Rivers (he's just more consistent), but the Cardinals passing defense hasn't been all that great this season.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

At RB I have: Martin, Lacy, Pierce, Thomas

Should I drop Thomas and pick up Ball?

I know that Ball has had a horrible start but Thomas is a consistently below average 5 point scorer. Ball probably has more upside. What do you think?

4. The_Dream

The_Dream Member

Would you guys trade VJax for Le'Veon Bell? VJax has a new QB and the whole situation in TB looks terrible. Bell got 2 TDs last week but didn't look great and that team also looks bad. Still, I'm leaning towards it.

We start 2 RB, 2 WR and one flex.

I currently have AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, and VJax at WR.
    At RB, I have Jamaal Charles, Powell, Wilson, Lamar Miller and random people I picked up hoping that one of them can stick like Jennings and Donald Brown.

5. bobloblaw

I'd take Bell over Jackson. It's a close call but Bell clearly has more upside.

1 person likes this.
  6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Go with Rivers

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

If I'm looking for a WR, what would you guys consider fair value for trading Vick and say Ridley.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

For Vick, maybe like a Josh Gordon. For Ridley, eh idk really.

9. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

It depends on the team, really. If there's a team in your league that's really weak at QB and strong at WR, you could probably get a pretty good receiver in return. Someone like Desean Jackson.

Then again, you'd need a solid backup QB. I'd take an above average quarterback any day over a great receiver.

10. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I like the group of RB's you have. But if you feel like getting a 5th RB, then make the trade before the Tampa situation gets worse.

But they did let Glennon throw 43 times in his first game and he's has to be better coming off a bye week and with more first team practice snaps.

Get a decent replacement for VJax (4th WR). AJ and Jordy have been known to get hurt every once in awhile.

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Pierre Thomas or Daniel Thomas?

I wouldn't drop Pierre. Daniel I would cut for Ball. Ball a better upside play if Moreno gets hurt.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Kate recommended M Bennet and J Blackmon. Unfortunately (for my confusion) I picked up L Blount just recently and I'm hearing lots of workload due Ridley being out. So at the flex, I'm guessing Blount over Blackmon?

If I can only flip a couple of these guys for Rivers or Vick I would. I'm not liking Kap this week.

#7192 Mr Boo, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  13. bobloblaw

Pierre. I think your advice is probably right. I'm just tempted by the upside of Ball if he can go a few weeks without fumbling. Thomas is consistently serviceable at FLEX but will never be a primary option. Thanks

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Good call.

My Lacy trade worked VERY well this first week. :grin:

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Just got offered Stevan Ridley and Zac Stacy for Steven Jackson? Tempting, but I think its time to give up on the hopes that Ridley will return to 2012 form this late into season. What do you guys think? My other RB's are Adrian Peterson, Pierre Thomas, Ball, Benjarvus, and Daryl Richardson

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Also, thought I could sell Hakeem Nicks and Pierre Thomas high for Andre Johnson and Ellington on the Cardinals. Good trade for me?

17. bobloblaw

You'd be getting Steven Jackson? I'd take it if so. He is a top 20 RB and easily still a RB2. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing Ridley above FLEX.

18. bobloblaw

I would do this. Ellington is not a big drop from Thomas and Johnson is clearly an upgrade over Nicks.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Nah, I'd be receiving Ridley/Stacy. Going to decline

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Last scenario:

I'd Send:
    S-Jax and Hakeem

I'd receive:
    Chris Johnson and filler (probably Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe)