1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Finally! First Scrimmage Footage of Dwight Howard with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2013.

1. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

I know I'm harping on this a little bit but the 'lin as super 6th man' is very intriguing after seeing this tape.

Remember, the entire linsanity run started with lin coming off the bench. Jus' sayin'

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

T-Jones problem is that he gets trigger happy and acts like he's a shooting guard but his freakish athleticism and talent can't be denied. He's like a Josh Smith type player out there on a rookie scale contract.

3. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

White team won because McHale was coaching them... but seriously anyone else notice in in the black team huddles if there was a staff member in there it was Keith Jones the trainer!?! haha, well it might of been Greg Buckner I didnt quite get a good look.

4. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Casspi hasn't shown any signs of being decent or picking up Delfino's minutes. Hope Covington gets ahead of him on the depth chart.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Haha wow...just wow...:rolleyes:

6. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He became a starter after one game.

7. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Geez people. Clutch said they were allowed in after the game was already in progress. Lin no doubt started the game and was resting when they started recording. All today's video proved was that Lin is a better playmaker than AB, but we already knew that.

8. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

While they didn't let media in on the earlier scrimmages didn't Lin's comments seem to indicate that the Lin/Howard team won the other one as well which was a total whooping?

Lin is showing himself as a true PG here, really beasting out there. Hopefully he can continue that elevated play from post All-Star break last season into this one and build on it.

9. treeman

treeman Member

I LOVE that Brooks looks like he's back to play. That gives us more options.

I liked seeing Dwight make some FTs. The rest of his game will just take time to integrate into the system.

Jones looks good. At this point he should start.

It strikes me that Lin could play the same role on a 2nd team that Harden plays on our starting lineup. He could be the scorer/playmaker, our 2nd team's point-forward (or SG, whatever). With Brooks at PG and Lin at SG, Asik anchoring and DMo at 4, that would be a scary good 2nd team. Bev and AB would be interchangeable to start, whoever runs better with the starting lineup.

So many options. McHale is going to have fun figuring this out, I think.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I think at this point it would be ill-advised to experiment. Jeremy's biggest issue is confidence. He would probably then view a bench assignment as a demotion, even if it wasn't. And that might effect his play. Having him in the starting lineup alongside Dwight and Harden will meanwhile help Jeremy's confidence, and in his own mind legitimize him as an NBA player. So many fans doubt Jeremy and you can tell that he at times doubts himself.

11. treeman

treeman Member

You don't give a player a starting spot just to sooth his ego and hope he plays better.

They have to earn it, and they have to fit.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man yall analyzing the hell out of 15 minutes worth of video LMAO

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I know! People are dissecting these clips like they are the Zapruder film.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Howard looked bored to me and didn't do much. But I guess, if I were him, I'd wouldn't play full out at scrimmages, either.

15. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

the worst player BY FAR was casspi. He needs to be cut yesterday.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty amazing that a team led by Jones and Brooks could upset a team with 2 superstars and a defensive beast like PBev.
    Way to go......Thumbs up.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I noticed that too.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol...... people are saying Tjones was trigger happy while some guys are a tad analyzing happy.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Yes his team won with Howard the ither day also. He is a solid pg that has good court vision and makes sure his whole team gets involved

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Wouldn't it be interesting if Brooks stole the backup PG job from Beverley?

Let's face it, Beverley joined the team late, played "okay" in the regular season against the other team's second units, then well in the playoffs...such a small sample size. In the NBA nothing is guaranteed.