1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

For whoever didn't tackle the $59.99 promo, stay posted!
    I'll give ya'll a detail analysis on Saturday during the games/after as well to let you know if it's worth to still get it or not!

It's all just a matter of time now!! Just a few more days!!

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Dominant

I just screen captured this using windows snipping tool at full screen on my 1920/1080p monitor. Quality looks pretty good right?

Click here for the photo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this about the same quality as NBA League Pass would be on full screen on a 1920/1080 resolution computer LCD monitor?
    I've never had NBA League Pass, so I thought I should ask you guys to compare!

3. macho87

macho87 Member

That's just a graphic. Take one of game footage

4. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

That's nowhere near 1080. Not even 720. Maybe 480.

5. nono

nono Member

League Pass isn't really HD either.

6. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

ive watched some of the summer league games . its def higher quality than nba league pass. the fact that it runs 60 fps compared to 24 is a huge diff

7. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

All TV signals (satellite, internet, OTA) are heavily compressed.

But the screenshot above is far below the quality of compressed 1080p.

8. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

NBA league pass on tv is 60 interlaced fps, or 30 complete fps, not 24.

Traditional film is shot at 24 fps, but often each frame is doubled when shown in theaters.

9. Mr. Dominant

The video is HD at 1280x720.

I'm just showing you how it looks expanded at full screen on a 1920/1080 resolution computer monitor!

I'll post an in game video screen shot tomorrow. I'm currently in bed right now, sorry!

10. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

I can buy that that's a 720 screenshot. It doesn't look bad at all. I'm just pointing out that the term "hd" is very nebulous. It can mean either 1080p, 108i, 720p, or 720i; and that's before factoring in the varying degrees of compression of broadcast signals.

But league pass will look noticeably better at 1080i, on broadcast tv. The quality of the image over the internet is heavily dependent on how fast your internet connection is, and to a certain degree, on the quality of your computer monitor.

11. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

oh I was refering to broadband. Either way you can tell its running at a higher framerate compared to nba league pass broadband.

12. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

I've never watched nba league pass on the internet, but there have been lots of complaints about low framerates and choppy playback in the past.

13. Unstable

Unstable Member

Yep, I did their trial account (NBA league pass) last year - but had to cancel as my broadband apparently couldn't support it - gave me a lot of choppy images and hanging on me multiple times.....

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Getting it to stream via my PS3 has been a pain in the ass. But it works fine through my 360 & iPad. Hope to see that preseason schedule updated soon.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If mr dominant is scamming, I will look for you, I will find you.

16. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Nobody cares about promoting something so much unless they get something out of it. I hope the mods delete all of his posts, it's getting ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr. Dominant

That's just ridiculous. You guys are all insensitive. I'm just trying to help you guys here. I'm a local from Houston. And you guys are accusing me of something I'm not a part of? It's a shame when someone is just trying to help others out, people think theirs some sort of scheme planned in it. That hurts guys. Thanks a lot.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I don't think that's the issue. I believe that you're just trying to help out people, especially those who aren't tech savvy enough to setup a VPN, but what happens if the site gets shut down? Lots of people are going to be upset with you , even if it's not your fault. I have no issue with you using the service, you can do what you want, but I'd be careful to promote it the way you do man.

19. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Somebody has to put an end to this spamming.

20. Mr. Dominant

I am not forcing anyone to get BallStreams. I'm just telling you guys about it. If the site does get shut down, that would be a shame and I will be just as sad with myself because I don't have CSN and the site shutting down would hinder me watching rockets games in decent quality compared to the silly firstrowsports or athde stream sites. If I had CSN, or if the rockets were just aired on LOCAL TV, I wouldn't have a problem with all this nonsense of trying to watch them.