1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight joins Lin and Parsons in Taipei

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

[​IMG]

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/apst/201308190028.aspx

1 person likes this.
  2. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

i've been shrimping before and lemme just say it is badass. But it makes you kinda squeamish when the owners ask you if you want them to cook it for you on the spot and all the shrimps that you saw alive two seconds ago are now a steaming plate of stir fried shrimp...=/

3. Star

Star Member

4. i3artow i3aller

Shrimpfest? Call Harden.

3 people like this.
  5. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Repped. Hilarious

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Jeremy upgraded from David Lee to Dwight.

[​IMG]

7. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Dwight, Lin and Parsons.

Harden being traded.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Dwight can play point guard? Bye Bev! :grin:

9. IBTL

IBTL Member

"There is no need to adjust. I have been playing basketball for my whole life. I started it up playing a point guard," the NBA star told reporters at a press conference to welcome his third visit to Taiwan.

"I think it can make our team tougher. We need [me] being as a power forward some games and Asik being a center. We will have a big lineup, and it will be tough for teams to truly score," the 27-year-old center said."

Pretty much what most of us twin tower fans have been saying all along. Glad to hear our own hater fans on this site don't run the team.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They're gonna beast on the boards. I can live with stretch 4's jackin up three pointers.

1 person likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The twin towers lineup is intriguing, but this is definitely not Olajuwon/Sampson. Neither has range outside of 8 feet, and neither can adeptly handle the ball out of the post. Further, we have an elite SG who's game is driving to the basket, and having 2 7-footers clogging the paint won't help his game.

I think Morey is appropriately cautious about this "experiment", and probably thinks its not going to work except in very infrequent scenarios. Got to give it a try, though. We owe that to Asik, I think.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member

why? based on what.what durvasa thinks?
    morey has said he's down.
    howard has said he's down.

It seems like this board isn't.

I'm not attacking you but the mindset of 'it's not going to work' when the the actual people running and on the team are talking about it.. that's a bit of a toxic mindset.

Clogging the paint? What about the fact that they are the 2 of the nastiest inside men and we want to think like 'it won't work' ??

just a little mind boggling honestly. If I didnt know better I would think there is almost a concerted effort by many on this board to not let it happen or dont want it to happen. I just dont get the negativity. Howard said it himself hes a ball player. So is asik. Smh

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. I was hoping that they'd try it, but you just never know. Sounds like they will, for sure. Whether it works or not, we'll see, and it'll be fun watching it play out.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

They don't have to clog the paint. Expect to see multiple PNR actions on left and right...rebounds are ours.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I don't get about the clog the paint argument is that defenses are playing a zone anyway. Also, one of those 7 footers is setting the pick for said SG so he can drive to the basket.

So if Asik is setting a screen how is he also clogging the lane? And if there are going to be 3 defenders in the paint anyway, what's Dwight being nearby going to change with that except keep one (or two) of those defenders honest?

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Good statements by Dwight. Good to hear. I agree.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder whether this team will have social cliques, as certain groups of players just naturally congregate. Not that it will necessarily hurt them on the court or anything-- the 80s Celtics were split between McHale's guys and Bird's guys and they were pretty damn good.

Maybe I am just imagining it, but perhaps there will be Team Harden and Team Howard?

Harden+Beverley...
    Howard+Lin+Parsons...

Parsons will, naturally, be a member of all cliques since he is the mayor of the Rockets roster.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member

Thats my sentiment. If it doesnt then it doesnt. There are many here that dont want to try it at all and want to auto trade asik... some were trying to create drama by saying howard wouldnt accept a PF role. and then howard says himself hes cool with pf.

I just dont get the concerted, immediate, without facts blanket statements- that it 'wont work'

You play the best 5 and asik is part of that best 5.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

It's not so much a zone but a "fluid" man-to-man (man-to-man with active adjustments for certain situations).

What happens is the C and PF sag...ie don't come out when the C and PF come out to set the screen because there is no outside threat from either of them. So even if the screen shakes the SG or PG, there are 2 big men waiting in the blocks. If you have only 1 big man waiting, you might be able to hit one side or the other. But 2 big men usually means the paint is clogged for all driving purposes.

That said, I would still try Asik and Howard.

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member