1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On paper, what rank would you give this Rockets team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 15, 2013.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

Top 4 in order:

OKC
    Rockets
    Pacers
    Heat

2. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Heat
    OKC
    Pacers
    Spurs
    Rockets

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If one of D-Mo or T Jones show up, #1.

4. kumakun

kumakun Member

double thumbs up lol

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Ill take 4th. Its a fairly reasonable prediction.
    Who would you rather face? Grizzlies or Golden State?

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

1. MIA
    2. SAS
    3. OKC
    4. IND
    5. HOU
    6. LAC
    7. BKN
    8. CHI
    9. MEM
    10. GS

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

No Pacers?

Disqualified.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

1.Miami
    2.San Antonio
    3.Oklahoma
    4.L.A Clippers(Doc rivers is a game changer there, and with Chris Paul they're better)
    5.Indiana Pacers
    6.Houston

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

7.Chicago
    8.Golden State
    9.Memphis
    10.Brooklyn

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My bad on the two post. ^^

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Western Conference
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. OKC - 59 wins.
    Just because they are the best in the West & already have that chemistry going. Losing K-Mart is going to hurt them if Lamb doesn't start to contribute straight away. Ibaka continues to improve on offence & can still block shots.

2. Rockets - 58 wins.
    It might take a few weeks to get the on court chemistry right, but when you have the best shooting guard in the league as well as the best Center in the league 60 wins is not out of the question. Parsons is an amazing blend of speed, put back slams, defence, pin point passing & clutch shooting. Omer is at least in the discussion about top 10 centers, Lin can play, just needs consistency and our bench knows their job. Big Question mark? is starting PF...who knows, it could be one of the many bodies we already have, or Morey might work some more magic & bring us some Love.

3. Grizz 52
    4. LAC 52
    5. Spurs 50
    6. GSW 48
    7. Denver 45
    8. T-Wolves 41
    ~~~~~~~
    9. NOLA 41
    10. Portland 40
    11. Jazz 36
    12. Mavs 35
    13. kings 34
    14. Suns 28
    15. Lakers 24

Eastern
    ~~~~~
    1. Miami 61
    2. Pacers 58
    3. Bulls 56
    4. Brooklyn 51
    5. Cavs 48 YES the CAVS!
    6. Knicks 45
    7. Hawks 42
    8. Detroit 41
    ~~~~~~
    9. Raptors 38
    10. Wiz 38
    11. Bucks 38
    12. Boston 36
    13. Bobcats 34
    14. Magic 27
    15. 76ers 26

Just off the top of my head...I'll do my calculations when the rosters are released.

Sorry I didn't complete my team by team...it's 2am & the pain killers just kicked in for my broken ankle! Wheeeeeeeer!

13. pademon

pademon Member

What rank will be based on assumptions.

Harden, Parsons and Asik's ability are mostly assumed by the boards to be able to perform consistently as last year. On the other hand, DH's health and Lin's consistency have come into question. So the x-factor is DH and Lin.

Lets assume that DH can perform like his time at the Magic and can form the "twin tower" with Asik. Lin to perform consistently with Harden as the "best backcourt" like in the Oklahoma game. With Parsons playing like last year. In other words, assuming these 5 guys will play at their best level consistently throughout the season.

Can such team de-throne the heats last year given its versatility? (Of course the proper rotation as appropriate against different team composition will be a key factor).

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

On paper, I'd but them behind the Lebron Heat, the Clippers, the Nets, and OKC.

The Nets could be really really good, but it depends on how much is left in KG and Pierce's tanks, also D Will needs to go back to playing like he did in Utah. Lot of ifs on that team, but on paper I think they look pretty damn good.

Same thing with the Clips, they have Paul and two phenomenal athletic big men, what else do you need? Doesn't hurt to have a good coach and a good bench.

The Heat have veterans and Lebron. I expect them to make a trade, and I would totally be down for getting Bosh for Asik if Asik isn't happy in whatever his role turns out to be this season.

OKC has a solid core, but I'm not entirely convinced on their bench rotation.

My exact feelings with our team. I love most of our starting line up, but most of our bench I have not bought into yet.

15. dje243

dje243 Member

*Homer glasses on

Miami
    OKC
    Rox
    Spurs