1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy Cow!!!! KT update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Mar 31, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think KT is much better then Rose, and he will get his money this summer now that he is an UN-restricted free agent.

5-6 mil per year I would guess...Mo Taylor range.

DD

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Pretty close...except for the Weatherspoon part.

And you obviously think he's better. So what's the acid test here? Do you think that one or more of the 29 GM's shares your opinion? If so, then Kenny Thomas will get offered the MLE which is more than what Rose makes.

I don't know of any more reasonable criteria since even a player like Mahorn bounced around for a 18 years with at least 4 teams (DET & PHI twice).

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I'm a big KT fan, but Maurice is playing well, too and Posey is dong pretty well. It was at least an even trade for the Rockets considering Mo T's production and Posey's.

The trade still was pretty reasonable, though I guess you could argue it the other way. I didn't like it at the time, but I support the trade now.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

glynch, email me about tix. I responded to you via your roadrunner account.

5. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Kenny Thomas has been doing good. The other night, he did the same exact thing. He scored 18 points with 10 rebounds. And he was shooting like 60%. It is amazing...

I think he has been playing the 3 mostly. But since Coleman is injuerd, they all share time. The 76ers have like 6 power forwards.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The wildcard in this good discussion about KT, his value, and if the trade was a good idea, imo, is if Posey signs with us during the off season AND if we make the playoffs this season. Hell, if we just make the playoffs and then lose him, then many would think it turned out to be a good move... those, like myself, who see getting to the dance this year as vital to the Rockets growth as a team and maintaining BBS sanity. If either of those scenarios occurs (please, please!), then it was a good, possibly great trade, imo.

If we don't make the playoffs and Posey doesn't sign with the Rocks (and our good friend in New York thinks he wants a lot of $ and we won't be able to keep him), then we paid a second round pick to rent Posey for the remainder of this year and it didn't pay off. If we don't make the playoffs and Posey resigns for a reasonable amount, then perhaps it was worth it. And it could certainly be argued that we WOULD make the playoffs if we still had Kenny.
    (for what it's worth, I like what Posey brings when he's playing under control. I also was a fan of Kenny when he was here and like his game)

Interesting banter here, folks. It'll be fun seeing how this plays out.

7. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

makes you wonder why he could do that in H-town.

8. JTQ

JTQ Member

I've just picked up Kenny Thomas in my Yahoo Fantasy NBA

and he scored 16 pts and grabbed 14 boards today vs. Bulls

9. Newgirl

Newgirl Member

With hindsight, we should have traded Griffin for Rashard Lewis and kept Kenny Thomas.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

more importantly than fantasy stats, the 76ers are 12-0 in the last games Kenny has started, not counting the 3 minute game he had where he broke his nose and didn't return (and they lost).

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you look at his stats last year, they were very good. They were also very good when he was healthy this year also. Didn't he have a 20 rebound game against the Hornets right before we traded him.

12. bury3

bury3 Member

Question is: Will this reinvention ever happen?

Year after year, we see the same thing, ISO after ISO, slowball after slowball. We are capable of doing run n' gun! It may not get us an immediate championship, but it will give us a taste of winning and early round playoffs at least! Like the other thread says, we need a new attitude.

13. OT

OT Member

HP I'm with you. I agree with everything you said about KT. Bottom line is the Rockets would have more wins this year if KT was still on the team.

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't know how many more because that would have meant fewer minutes for Mo Taylor. Now if EG was buried on the bench and KT & Mo got all the minutes we certainly would have been better at the 4 spot over the course of this year. But remember we also would have been w/o Posey at the 3 spot and back up 2--especially important when Rice was not available.

In hindsight if EG would have landed Lewis that would certainly have lead us to have a much better team this year. But the Posey-KT trade I don't think impacted our bottom line too much because Mo has played well in KT's minutes (in fact Mo for a has had quite a few moments has been our #1 set offense option that IMO KT could not match) and Posey has helped us too.