1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Return of LinSanity...Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That comment is even worse than saying he isn't a superstar. The list goes on and on of superstars who went out in the second round.

2. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Nice video but bad title.
    Linsanity was a gift, but now it's Lin's biggest challenge to overcome.
    And Lin won't be stopped by Linsanity.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i sense that we are going to see a marked improvement from him next season.

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

why is everybody either a superstar or a role player?

20+ teams in the league are filled with nothing but role players?

LaMarcus Aldridge is NOT a superstar, therefore he is a role player?

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

All-stars and role players are a better way of putting it.

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

This is how I define it:

Stars - non-all star but best player(s) on the team
    All Stars - have multiple all star appearance
    Superstars - can carry a whole team by himself, transcends the position assigned to him and dominate multiple positions

Role players - everyone else

as for Chris Paul, he is still at All star level, not yet a superstar...

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lin needs to focus on hitting 3'sss cause his going to have may wide open shots this season

8. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Cp3 not a superstar? o_O lower the pipe!

9. CertifiedTroll

If he could pulll in the flying elbow that would help his shot.

10. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

That's a good description. Honestly, role player seems a derogatory term and is used as such often by NBA fans. But basketball is a team game and I'm sure Lin is more than happy to play a useful role on a championship calibre team.

Though I do hope he gets a fair shot to prove himself in the coming season from Coach McHale.

1 person likes this.
  11. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Good point. That to me is how the Heat really won the 6th and 7th games because Lebron and team were finally able to make effective offensive adjustments in response to how the Spurs had been defending him.

But that's where it gets tricky on the defense side because it is like reading chess moves. Defensively, players have to read and react to not only the opponents' first move but also anticipating in their minds the next one and the next one in rapid succession in order to know where and how to position themselves. That takes experience and intelligence from individual defender.

Even more importantly in team defense it takes the whole team reading and reacting in concert with one another. That combines individual experience/intelligence with good teamwork. From the outside looking in, it can be difficult to tell while the game is going on without going back to review the sequence of events and analyzing them like a live fast paced game of Go. (Actually also the fun part for fans like me.)

This year being the second year for most of this team, I expect to see a huge improvement in this respect both offensively and defensively. We should see some or a lot more more sophiscated offensive game schemes and much better team defense to make things even more interesting and exciting to watch than last year.

12. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Quote from the second link, under Jarrett Jack's video, "You have already seen teams dump players with surface talent in part because people in charge of those teams have deep concerns about that player's basketball intelligence. That's not the last you'll see of moves like that."

Wonder that's why there have been some interesting, kind of unexpected FA movements or non-movements this offseason.

13. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I cant say I'm shocked to see him working this hard, he always seemed like the kind of player that wants to excel. With that being said, I would hate for him to be a backup to Harden because Harden plays alot of minutes and I think Lin would be wasted. I would like to see him continue to be starting PG and both he and Harden attack the rim with ferocity. As a Rockets fan, I am very excited for the future!

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I'm just saying that in the NBA,we all give grief and generally call out "superstars" for not getting it done on the highest level. Like Carmelo for inability to get out of 1st round of playoffs except twice in his career. Or Kevin Love and LMA for not even being able to go to playoffs. How is CP3 any different? He hasn't done anything significant in the highest stage of them all, hence in till he does, he's not a superstar in my eyes.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I kind of agree with this as weird as it sounds. Out of 5 playoff appearences, he's been bounced out of the 1st round 3 times and got only to the 2nd round twice despite always having a pretty good team around him. In NO he had David West, Tyson Chander, Peja S. Now he's got Blake Griffin and a pretty good supporting cast. This year they have gotten even stronger, if the clippers don't advance past the 2nd round this year it will be a big dissapointment and failure.

16. needu7

needu7 Member

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Coach McHale has given him more than a fair shot to prove himself.
    I like Lin,he should be the starter at the 1. I hope he will show improvement and consistency in the upcoming season.

1 person likes this.
  18. Reach

Reach Member

[​IMG]

19. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

You mean this one? [​IMG]:grin:

20. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

That last shot was sickkkkk. Love it!