1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will have more wins this year: Astros or Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 22, 2013.

?

Who will have more wins?

1. Astros

26.6%
  2. Rockets

73.4%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think they have to tank. They are that bad. They have so little talent it is hard to say they are a major league team. Castro and maybe Altuve would be legit MLB starters. Maybe Bud Norris could be a 4th or 5th starter on another team.

However baseball is a hard sport to forecast and the astros could maybe go 500 for a month which would put their win total over the rockets.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahahahahah are you serious?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I know next to nothing of the astros, but you can bet I'll be the first on the bandwagon when they start winning. My last knowledge on the Astros was on the triple B's. What was that... like two years ago?

4. Fantasma Negro

The Astros will win more. Rockets will win 76 games. 60 regular season, 16 playoff. Sadly the Astros will win 77 and it won't mean a thing

5. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

The Astros won't win 77 games....67 would be a miracle. Farm system is now in the top 10 and will be even higher next year. They will be good eventually (soon I hope)

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Dwight is an astro now.

Bye Roidger Clemens

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

When the Astros return to respectability don't even bother trying to follow them.

I actually got quite a laugh from this poll because it is possible the rockets win more than the Astros, but im going to go with the Astros by a few games

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

aren't the astros like garbage this season?

10. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

LMFAO :grin:

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Astros win % of .340 translates to 55 wins for 162 games. With Norris, Veras, and possibly others gone soon, that could easily drop to 51-53 wins.

I think the Rockets will win in the 52-54 range, so it should be close. But I picked the Rockets to have more wins.

12. CKent

CKent Member

Love my Astros but I have very high expectations for this Rockets squad next year, likely higher than most because I think we have a shot at 60 wins. The Astros will be extremely talented in the future but are obviously awful at the moment.

13. jocar

jocar Member

the KILLER B's! Bagwell, Biggio, and Ringo

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this can't be a serious question...

**** the astros.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wish baseball would just slowly fade away. Boring a** sport.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think the Astros will rebound in the second half of the season and will make it close to 60 wins. So probably the Astros.

Of course, 60 wins in baseball is... uh... well. Yeah.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Houston Astros have won 0 World Series Championships.

It is impossible for anyone to be a bandwagon fan of a team that was established in 1965 with 0 championships.

They suck, and screw them for getting swept in the World Series. They got beat in Houston. They didn't even give Astros fans one win, or even a point in the final game.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

There should be a bet for this in Vegas.

19. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

They would have to play .422 the rest of the way. Given the fact that the second half of the season has already started and they're riding a 6 game losing streak...yeah im not seeing it.

The remaining schedule is also the 6th hardest in baseball. Not looking good for 60 wins. Its ok though, we get another 1st overall pick who will likely be farmed up and once he becomes a star he will be sold to the Phillies or the Yankees for a box of oreo cookies.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

A lot of very bitter people in this thread. What happened to supporting your hometown teams in both the good times and the bad time?

1 person likes this.