1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have just discovered reddit....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

And it is a pretty damn awesome website, I've had some good laughs reading some of the ask.Reddits

Any redditors here? And what are some cool things to do / read on reddit?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As someone that has spent a lot of time on reddit, let me just say this..

98% of reddit sucks.

Redditors are some of the most annoying, attention-whoring, extreme liberals out there (i'm liberal yet I find the atmosphere nauseating).

It didn't take me long to realize that the stuff that makes news over at reddit, makes news over here in the hangout. The people replying in the threads on cfans are also way more credible.

I should rephrease that, redditors suck, not really reddit. They have really turned the site into something it wasn't a couple of years ago. Everytime I goto the comments section I have to read something someone's troll account wrote and had a conversation with other troll accounts by the same user.

It gets old fast.

Hope that helps,.

1 person likes this.
  3. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Your problem with reddit is the many trolls on their? There are many trolls on literally every forum, and I know you said the problem isn't with reddit, just don't think it's fair to blame reddit for the no life trolls on the website.

Thanks for your reply though.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I have the reddit pics app on my iPad and you get tired of it really fast. I still manage to kill 1-5 minutes on it every day. Every other pic is just cats, a star trek meme, other cute animal, random dog, whatever is trending x10, a fake meme post x10, etc. 99% of the meme posts are fake and I wonder how they make it to the frontpage. The attention/karma whoring is very bad on that website.

When redditors get behind something it gets annoying really fast.

We love Omaba!
    Cat pic
    NSA bad
    Half naked chick
    Support gays
    Cat pic
    Can't wait for new Xbox!
    We hate Obama!
    PS3, PS3, PS3!
    Half naked chick
    Support gays
    Xbox one bad
    This person said something bad about gays! (let's make them famous)

One good change that happened recently is they removed r/ atheism from the default reddit. That's good because 1/10 posts used to be HAHAHA GOD SUCKS! HAHAHA THIS GUY'S QUOTE SHOWS EVERYONE WHY THERE IS NO GOD! Damn those religious people who push the bible and kill in the name of Ullah....when all they do is push atheism nonstop. Talk about hypocrites.

Best advice, stay away from the comments section.

5. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

funny
    TIL
    pic
    video
    gaming
    gonewild
    :p

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Some other sites you may enjoy.

Facebook.com
    Twitter.com
    Craigslist.org

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Most redditors:
    1) teenagers between 14-18
    2) ADD-ridden
    3) depressed lip virgins
    4) don't believe in god and suck at life.
    5) sex cats

8. CometsWin

So which one are you?

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

just 5;)

I'm not a redditor though. I don't have an account. I just lurk the reddit pics front page on my iPad app when I'm taking a dump.

10. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

They did a good job during the initial Boston bombers chase.

11. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I used to spend a lot of time on /b/ but I haven't checked it out in a long time. Reddit is okay, the only time I get on it is when there is an interesting AMA I wanna check out. Other than that I spend my time on clutchfans :cool:

12. CometsWin

I think the only time I've ever been there was the Walter White AMA. I can get my fix of crazy here just fine most of the time. Haha

13. rawool

rawool Member

LosPollos nailed it on head. Though, there are some great subreddits that I read daily basis. I would suggest downloading Reddit Enhancement Suite to make browsing easier. I also suggest managing/unsubscribing from certain subreddits to filter out stupid/unwanted stuff.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Uh, didn't Reddit go around completely savaging this one family because their son disappeared a few weeks before the bombing, only for it to be revealed that the son had simply chosen to commit suicide and had nothing to do with it?

I actually got on that website about a month ago, and honestly Reddit's better than I expected, but given that I just assumed that it was another version of 4chan, that's not saying much. Still not very good.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

#15 Harrisment, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was really hardcore on Reddit during those 48 hours or so that the manhunt was on for the Boston bombers. Although there were some posts where people started to suspect that kid was involved, it wasn't like that was the overwhelming opinion or anything. Basically it came up during the course of trying to figure out who the hell these guys were, so people started to speculate on the possibility that he could be involved.

I'm not on Reddit daily, but I think for really high profile/historical events like that, it's a really fascinating way to watch the news unfold. I was hearing about things in real-time rather than waiting for the news networks to get wind of it.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been to reddit I think a grand total of 3-4 times. I don't remember much... it's like a mix between 4chan and what ebaumsworld used to be back in the days right?

Besides why go to reddit when we have CFers readily filtering through the site and pick out the good ones to bring here?

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Granular subreddits are what really makes reddit shine. Want to talk about Pokemon? There's a subreddit for it with 15,000 other Pokemon fans.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Reddit is awesome as long as you understand what/how news is being put there. It is a different angle on different topics - but still with its disadvantages of course.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not go to reddit for the words ;)