1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love Him or Hate Him, You Still Have to Support Him as long as He is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That would be nice. However, I doubt my example will take us any further away from talking about the Rockets than we already are.

2. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I guess I meant he was inconsistent, not that he didn't play well. He was good the second half of the season. I have no reason to believe he won't get better, especially with Dwight. I'd trade him for Ilyasova or LMA without any hesitation, but I think Lin will have a much more productive season than last if he stays. Win/win situation, IMO.

3. WinkFan

Strange. One minute I'm not logical, the next you can clearly see that I am. You don't make a lot of sense.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I see both things. First, as long as he is good to very good, that's fine. We don't need him to be an All-Star. Second, who the heck would trade for him to inherit a $14 million contract??? If I were a GM, I'd say, "We like him, but $14M is too much...", which is probably what the Knicks said. So, it's like, I personally want him here, but even if I didn't, I don't think anyone is going to take on that contract, so I'd be stuck with him anyway.

So, if you know he's almost certainly going to be here, why not hope for the best? Why trash him when he's almost 100% for sure going to be the point guard on your favorite team?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If I can't get in on the first or second page of a Lin thread, I usually just sit it out. For obvious reasons.

But I agree that we should support Lin. I don't know of any who want to see him struggle. Best case scenario for everyone is if he plays great this year. If he takes five 3s a game and makes about 2 per (like Parsons last year) then I will be very happy.

6. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

The whole Lin can't play with Harden thing is ridiculous and is not based in any type of truth whatsoever. You need multiple guys that can create their own shot. They worked together fine most of the time last season and they can continue to progress. Remember how many people were saying that LeBron and Wade couldn't play together? I get the talent level is different but it's the same concept. Especially when one of the players is someone like Lin, who would be more than willing to adapt and adjust to the way his teammates play. The fact is, Lin does have a lot of upside still and the Rockets should keep him unless an amazing trade presents itself.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Agree!

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

don't tell me what I still have to do as a Rockets fan!

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Any PG who is much better than Lin will cost at least $10 million a year. Trashing a Rockets player is bad for the whole team!

10. WinkFan

If Lin were traded now, he would count 16.6 million against the cap, and actually be paid 20 million. I don't think that extra cash beyond the cap hit is a huge factor. It doesn't after the cap, luxury tax, or any of that stuff. Last season the Rockets paid around 12 million in salary that didn't count against the cap. It might be more of a factor next season, when it's 8.3 and 15 million.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Very well put and insightful. You echo the sentiment of many Rox fans.

12. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Maybe we should stop posting any thread related to lin, or give him a section... jk

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Even with the Dwight signing, Lin and Harden are the only players on the team that can create (their own shot).

I love Parsons but I don't consider pump faking as the ability to create your own shot. He's getting better at taking people off the dribble and has potential.

As dominating as Dwight is, I still wouldn't want to throw it in to him with the game on the line and be confident he could create a high percentage shot.

I think Lin and Harden are so vital for this team because they are play makers. This type of player is rare. Someone who can take their man off the dribble, penetrate and have the ability to either finish or make an assist. If a player like this can shoot from outside as well, then you got an all-star like Harden. Just imagine if Lin becomes a solid outside shooter? He will be pretty unstoppable. I think the potential is undeniable and the Rocket's management recognize that.

Two weapons in the backcourt plus a stopper in Beverley is awesome. Just like two rim protecting centers in Howard an Asik is also an awesome asset to have. The Rockets team now has so much flexibility and different looks it can give the opposition, it would be hard to beat us in a series. Can't wait to see what this team can do!

14. WinkFan

I support the players who help the Rockets win. I'd just as soon replace the guys who don't. I don't care very much about whether or not they are nice guys because I don't really know if any of them actually are.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I could care less for Lin's game. He does not come across to me like a very bright or rather cerebral point guard.

He is definitely not shabby; in fact he has helped built what we have now but I have not see enough from him to make me excited about his future contributions to this team.

If DM decides to keep him, I will stand by him and root root root.

16. WinkFan

That's an interesting point. Does anything we do in this forum really have any affect on the team?

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

uuummm..

yeah, this

Sorry I had family business yesterday which kept me away, I think we have enough battleground threads up already, and if you want to make a point about how people behave or not behave in this forum, put it in Feedback, it is not basketball related nor is it about roster moves or game action.

I have had enough of this crap.

Now, I think Ill go thru this thread and give out some doubleplusungoodreps to the deserving parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.