1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Ready Jeremy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vpballa916, Jul 14, 2013.

1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

To all ABJ haters! Lin will have a great season you all! Don't pretend that you all have that great basketball IQ? Ya yo momma!

2. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Haha, this is just so awesome. Repp'ed. Got to love Bev; he really is a little pit bull. You know who else was injured by him? David Lee in the Warriors-Rockets last game. Go watch that game how Bev tripped on Lee and Lee had to sit out and that was the beginning of the end of Lee's last season.

3. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

And "29 points and 9 TO's" :)confused::confused: not sure where that came from:confused::confused:) "when I tell him we want to win."

4. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Amen.

5. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Jeremy's window is small. Rockets is in win now mode and player development is under-valued. We all know Jeremy is young. But I guess Morey or McHale are not patient enough.

WIN NOW!

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

To be fair, if you go back and read what McHale and even Daryl were saying right after they acquired Lin, they never expected him to be more than a 10/5 player. In fact that 10/5 was the basis they priced their bid for Lin. Over and over, Rockets management and coaches from the get go said they did not expect Lin to repeat Linsanity in Houston (my translation: they didn't believe and they still do not believe in Linsanity). Only Les believed and wanted Lin. Hence the report that the basketball side of Rockets never wanted Lin. Sorry I digress.

So imagine you are Lin and you arrive to this new team still recovering from injury and find that no one believes in you and everyone deep down is all jealous of that well publicized ridiculous paycheck and the sudden global fame you are getting. Imagine you pass the ball out and the ball almost never returns back to you. Then there is the snickering behind your back, and the putdown and slighting in front of your face, and the crazy media hounding you day and night watching, criticizing your every move along with your coaches and teammates. (I still remember what Chandler said about Lin's signing, "As long as he does not show up thinking all of a sudden he is the best player on the team.") Guys, picture that and ask yourself what you'd do if you were in his shoes.

I don't feel sorry for Lin because first of all he chooses to play basketball instead of Wall Street, and secondly he is a big boy and should know what he was getting into and how he needed to handle himself. But I understand his hesitation and his looking around because he was and still is a humble guy and as a humble guy, he has never played with a big ego and said "that ball is mine, give it to me." I think his biggest mistake has been taking everyone's supposedly well intentioned criticisms / suggestions too much into his mind and got confused. He really needs to start playing his brand of basketball again. Then 29/7 or 38/9 will be much more regular occurrences. Then we will witness Linsanity once again, the most exciting, joyful, magical, unselfish team basketball ever!

2 people like this.
  7. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Totally agree. Repp'ed.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If there was a list of all this team's problems last season, PG wouldn't even be in the top 5.

9. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Great post. And never thought that much into this.

What about another perspective for Lin: Next year Jeremy can prove to us fans who he really is as a player. Linsanity is way passed by. I don't want him to play victim. This is real life. He can only help himself. I truly believe Lin and him as a player. To be honest, Lin brought me back to Houston Rockets.

Lin can prove how him as a PG can coexist with a dominate wing and also a dominate center. He needs to show us. It is a perfect example. I am not expecting a Linsanity mode however. But rather a quality star on the team no matter it is 3rd or 4th option. He is still developing. Heck, he is younger than I am.

Jeremy needs to see the challenge. Now he is on the big stage a championship stage especially around playoff time.

Maybe we can see a better Jeremy, a happier Jeremy and a star on the team.

I know it is Championship now mode and player development is vastly undervalued. But a 25 year old PG can turn out to be a great one given his time. Jeremy needs to be patient and his time will come.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Wow... look at all those bullies :eek:... Good thing you can't contract rabies through the Internet ;)

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Are you implying that Lin needs to step up? Are you implying he's not already great? Are you implying that last season's production was partly his own fault, and not the entire fault of McFail, Harden, and everyone else who conspired to keep the man down?

If everyone on this board can agree that Lin needs to step up and get better, then I'd say 90% of the Lin discussion would not even exist.

12. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

I'm pretty sure 95% of all the LOFs on this board recognize that Lin has some serious deficiencies he needs to improve upon. Our argument is that he was put into a role that magnified his weakness, and neglected his strengths. That's all. I'm not delusional, Lin is not a top 25 players....but he's definitely a top 100 player, and under the right circumstance I believe he has the talent to be a top 50 player right now if placed into the right system. That system is not the Rockets system, no I'm not really expecting him to "break out" in what ever future role he has with this team. I'm just hoping that he can help this team win and be recognized as an important role player for a championship contender. Ultimately though, I would like to see how Lin performs as the primary ballhandler/playmaker, and #2-3 scoring option, which will never happen in Houston.

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I think everyone already agrees on that. The Lin discussion continues on because the hate is too vitriolic to stand by and do nothing, not the other way around.

14. sefril

sefril Member

i spent too much time reading this thread..

and got nothing..

15. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Hang on dawg, I think you misunderstood me.

I am saying that your critiques or your standards are of NO CONCERN to Jeremy at all. Sure, feel free to yell the roof down and complain to one and all if you feel he does not meet your invisible line in the sand, but as far as your importance is concerned, you're a none factor (same goes to me whether as a fan of the Rockets, as a fan of Jeremy Lin, or as a fan of basketball in general).

Oh, and where did you get the impression I can't deal with you? I actually have nothing against you, but I do find you a very funny and amusing person with a self-inflated sense of worth. Watching peeps like you brings a smile to my face and brightens up my day all the time... please keep it up :)

16. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I'm not sure but should the thread title be GET READY DWIGHT?

The eyes of the world will mostly be on Dwight this season, not Jeremy.

Not unless Jeremy brings on Linsanity 2.0 in Houston. And I hope he does so that we'll end up WC champs!

17. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

can someone explain the logic behind negative repping? Aren't you doing that person a favor by giving them rep points?

18. Chuck Breezy

Chuck Breezy Member

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The hand that giveth can also taketh away.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

negative reps (negreps) are only given by moderators and they serve two purposes:

1) they take away rep points
    2) they serve as a warning to not do whatever got you the negrep, if you ignore the warnings, then you get infractions which will result in ban if you get enough of them