1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings shopping Jimmer Fredette for a late 1st

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pacertom, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

reporter - "Melo, How are you going to adjust given the emergence of budding superstar Jimmer?"

Melo - "not this shiet again man fk this"

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

If I remember correctly, Daryl Morley was a big fan of Jimmer before the draft that year. I wonder if Daryl would take the 19th or 20th pick he is rumored to be trading Robinson for and flip him for Jimmer. Doubt it. He's going Dwight or nothing this offseason.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Morey not Morley. Stupid predictive text!!

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Maybe this report will put the Jimmer Fredette rumors to sleep.
    Few ‘insiders’ have more grasp of the Kings than former beat writer Sam Amick, who chimed in with what he’s heard about the Jimmer Fredette rumors – or should I say, lack of, apparently.
    While multiple ESPN sources have hinted that the Kings would be willing to trade Fredette for a first round pick, current Sacramento Kings beat writer Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee said yesterday that didn’t look to be the case. Now former beat writer Sam Amick says the Kings have not had discussions about moving the former BYU star:
    It’s draft season,so lots of smoke. Along those lines, I’m told Kings have had no discussions w/ teams about trading Jimmer Fredette.

http://aroyalpain.com/2013/06/26/re...edium=Network&utm_campaign=Around the Network

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'd do it for a late first round pick, if your team really needed a shooter (and many teams do). Late first round picks are crap shoots anyway. If Fredette meets a need, I'd take him. But ONLY if you really needed that piece. Cuz he has some major shortcomings.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rockets draft pick Canaan reminds me of Jimmer in some ways (the unconscious pull-up bombs from way deep mostly). I think Canaan will do okay, and Jimmer's a better player. Meaning Jimmer doesnt quite suck, he's no Adam Morrison. The obvious "JJ Redick" comparison could be made, give him more role in certain clubs and he can produce.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Would love to have a "JJ Redick" type player to space the floor and play off of Howard and Harden.

8. trowa2

trowa2 Member

maybe a second round lol
    so far, this guy is full gas but no mass.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He hasn't been that bad. I agree with CCR. He's shot very well. If there's a spot for Novak in the league, surely there is one for Jimmer. If Oden works out well in Miami, then he could be a good fit there.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

At one point Jimmer was mirroring Adam Morrison's stats

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

while getting hasheem thabeet minutes.

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Asik,Jones,First Rounder for Cousins and Jimmer do ittttttt.

13. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Its their fanbase that loves white players. Remember back to the middle of last decade and how disconnected things were there with the aboslute insanity shown by some of the players?

14. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Now Brian Windhorst, who was a beat writer for the Cavs during the first Brown era and is now writing about the Miami Heat for ESPN and has been since August 2010, says that the Cavs and Kings ARE having discussions about a possible Jimmer Fredette trade that could involve the Kings removing the protection from the pick they used to acquire J.J. Hickson or taking back a bad contract.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

he was getting 20mins/game during that run.

16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

it must have been a short run.

[​IMG]

17. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

Hahahaahahahhaaaa so repped and true haha

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Honestly... Jimmer has gotten better on the court over the past two years. In the right fit he could be an asset. Even his defense improved, though I won't say he's anything more than average on that end right now.

Also, I didn't read this whole thread but Chuck is also on the block according to what I'm reading of the Kings stuff.

19. Chamillionaire

He shot 41% from the 3 last year. He could be useful to lots of teams. He reminds me of one of those "Steve Kerr, John Paxson guys".

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I really don't think hes been that bad, he just really hasn't had the opportunity. can't really say much about spot minutes, but the guy can shoot.