1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

1. Jeremy Lin

252 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. Patrick Beverley

69 vote(s)
    19.9%
  3. Isaih Canaan

26 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

It really remains to be seen if Beverley can maintain that on-ball pressure for extended minutes throughout the season. I really like him in the role currently, he's a very good foil to Lin, but I've got enough confidence in Lin that his shot, overall game will improve. theres no reason to think otherwise, given his progress through last season/recovery from injury.

2. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Stupid question always been asked. Maybe someone make a list of all the PGs here so just to spread the number. Rocket fans are the most un-appreciative group. I have never see any other fans attacking their player, Not even so when Lin was leaving Knicks. The person who set up the poll should be ashamed of himself.

3. gene18

gene18 Rookie

He hasn't played in the NBA yet. He has never been guarded by a professional B-Baller.

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Why is this so?

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely. Tyson Chandler's PPG went up when Lin Played for the Knicks.

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

You make it sound like teams with centers are doomed since they can't attack the rim. That is ridiculous. Yes I play basketball.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like this 3 headed monster we have. Canaan is going to be good. I think he could see some time playing next to Harden or even Lin at times if he can knock down shots the way he did in college. Ultimately, Lin needs to get his ***** together. He's had a year to get comfortable and now an off season to prepare for next.

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I disagree on this. Chalmers is much better in scoring the ball, and better defender. The only thing Bev is better is the rebounding.

It's crazy for people to thing this 2nd rounder will be the better PG next season. Heck, Lin can start for half of the teams in the league, you would think this guy would be a top 10 pick if he can start for a NBA team now.

Bev. is good as a spark off the bench, but he is not a starter PG in this league, at least not yet. People keep bringing his starting during Lins absents last season, but forgot how bad the Rockets offense looked when he was on the court.

Lin will start, and play most of the minutes. Bev will come off the bench, play ~20 minutes next season.

#68 daoshi, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I voted for Jeremy. I like Beverley and all I really do, but his role remains effective when he's the spark plug off the bench. Relying on him for heavy minutes doesn't do what he does so well justice. As we played on during the playoffs without Jeremy Lin, we were able to see how it was starting to take its toll with a stagnant assist rate and decreased offensive ability.

Jeremy Lin can create his shot and obviously has a previous record for doing well with a big that can catch lobs. Anyone bringing up this nonsense about him not being able to penetrate because of D12's presence obviously didn't see his stretch with the Knicks, nor have they kept an eye on where Asik usually is.

This Canaan guy, are you guys really that high on this guy? Or, are you just tired of Jeremy? Come on, be freaking objective. You guys always say "We do what's best for the team," but you're over looking solid talent to fuel some belligerent belief that Jeremy Lin isn't a capable starting PG? Take that stuff to BR because it doesn't belong here.

Also, why does it have to be only one choice? We did well with a "rotation" of PGs to selectively decide what we needed. Scoring and ball movement, we went with Lin. Lockdown defense to end the quarter, we went with Bev. Regardless of who stays, we have a nice solid rotation of PG players that other teams would be lucky to have.

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

11. pademon

pademon Member

Seriously does anyone remember the Spurs game when Harden was announced out with illness but eventually Lin practically took the team on his shoulders and scored 38 points. Just dig out the post and you can see that everyone was doom and gloom back then before the game and was predicting a -20 lost. But Lin took an integral part and brought an entertaining game. Too bad the game was lost in the end but it could have gone either way.

Would anyone bet their life-saving that Bevelry, let alone any PG being paid his wages, could recreate that? Even more than a couple of tries?

There are also games where fans here have loudly noted that the game has stagnanted when Lin is benched.

Many took Lin's performance in the play-off statistics as "evidence" of his crapiness, but to be fair, if you wanna do this, let take Howard's statistics in his play-off this year with the Lakers and justify it with the money he is being paid.

I am not completely sold on Lin but I think we should seriously see how Lin Howard would work out before trading him.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Fans are going to be fans. I dont get the madness either. For his 1st full season as a starter, he did a good job. He has his flaws 4 sho. Like not playing aggressive every game, tends to make silly turnovers and sometimes he dont play good defense. But every player has flaws to their game.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

James Harden

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Raymond Felton. Er, wait, I mean Jason Kidd.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If i had a dollar for every burger felton has eaten, i would have many dollars

:cool:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:cool:

16. cyclONEnation

cyclONEnation Member

In the playoffs against the Thunder, Lin killed us. We could have won that series. All but Game 1 were ours for the taking, but Lin made that impossible. Without Bev we get swept. Without Bev the Thunder have no question marks coming into the season. Without Bev, the WC is that much tougher. Canaan can deliver good role player minutes but he is not a starter.

Frankly none of these 3 should be starting Point Guard right now, but Bev can evolve into one. It's too late for Lin. He's a 6th man.

17. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

Canaan will be an all star this year for sure, if not a starter

18. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Beverly is only effective in spurts because his so called "defense" usually results in too many stupid fouls that cause the Rockets to sit his butt down and watch the opponent shoot freethrows the rest of the quarter.

19. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

You didn't see what the fans were saying about Lin when he left? Or when he got hurt? Or just when he got minutes and they were being racist?

You should check Dwight's instagram feed and see what his Lakers fans were saying about his pics with James Harden...

Fans of any team, especially through internet proxy, can be completely ridiculous and disgusting.

Lin is a polarizing figure. There's always going to be people who love him, and other who hate him. If Lin shoots the 3 for an entire season the way he did in the second half of last season, he'll be just fine as our starter.

20. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

I was at that game. A lot of Lin's problems came from having to learn how to play off the ball and be a spot up shooter. With the ball in his hands he can really go off. I'd definitely like to see what Lin can do with Howard... Howard is way more of a pick and roll threat than Omer... Good things could happen.