1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who will be the BEST PG for the Rockets next season?

1. Jeremy Lin

252 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. Patrick Beverley

69 vote(s)
    19.9%
  3. Isaih Canaan

26 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Perhaps its hard for you, not for NBA PGs

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What are you serious, LOL. Does that stop Parker, Felton, and CP3 from getting to the lane. No sir , so its not hard at all. Lin will be able to get to the rim, if he stays aggressive. Harden will continue to get to the rim as well.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Lin, clearly. Better distributor, better attacker, orchestrates the offense well, solid defender, and doesn't pick up fouls at an insane rate. His shot will improve, especially from what we've been hearing. People love to bring up how he played one game in the playoffs, where everyone played like garbage. Game 2 he was playing good until his injury. Everybody forgets he as averaging 17/7 to finish the season.

Bev is our bench energy guy. Leave him at that. He is excellent in the role, and he will be our Jarrett Jack/Crawford next season. Bank on it.

Canaan is just a prospect, some insurance in case Lin or Bev go out.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

COURTNEY FORSTON.

Courrtnaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy FUSTSAUNAAAAAA.

10/10 crap thread

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol LOF made this thread and compares out bench players. Would have been ideal to add a poll with players he's likely to get traded for

6. seahawk

seahawk Member

Canaan will probably play for Vipers for most of the season.
    Yup, he's got 10% of the votes.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol what!??! if Bev averaged 13 points 6+ assists last year and Jeremy Lin did not exist, no one would be saying a peep about Canaan starting. Late 1st round pick in what is a weak draft.

THe dude has a good shot, it is not consistent. 37% from 3 last year which is good, but no sharpshooter, and 41% overall. And let's not get too excited about summer league. DMo averaged 16/8 with 62% shooting last year.

8. seahawk

seahawk Member

shortfuse3 is in your group.

9. cptnbreakdance

This is where we're supposed to talk about game action and roster moves right?There are only so many people on the roster dude. Lin was on the roster last I checked, and he's a starter.

Plus, stop yelling in capitol letters. Bad form!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OwHrlM4oVSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Just saying this team will rely even more on 3 point shooting than they did last season.

Jeremy "stood around" a lot last year, but he will do that even more this year.

Jeremy may start games but I predict Beverley will get more minutes and the 4th quarter minutes like Tony Douglas did.

11. Diablo

Diablo Member

Rajon Rondo

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Im not a huge Jlin fan, but i think he is going to improve significantly this off-season.

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

what i got to say , i was disappointed also when he got injured. Rockets fan? Blaming player for sucking when he got injured. Westbrook taken out by BEV (good job beg) - Thunder Fan , got so mad they had to call the cops.

Were's your loyalty and support as a fan for our playoff team players. If anybody punked our players during the playoffs. I would not direct my anger not at our fallen player.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I fully expect Lin to be much improved and to take a big step next year into the top half of PGs. Lot of confidence in this kid. Hard work pays off, and it's gonna pay off for Jeremy Lin.

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

How come we don't try and get Lowry back? He's not as ball-dominant as Lin or other "good" PGs and he's a good spot up shooter.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lin and its not close. Cannaan might be able to get some back up minutes at the 2 if he really shows out in summer league and camp/pre season. Otherwise don't expect Canaan to play much.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

sorry firebomb my post above was in response to some 'fans' support for lin's injury during the playoffs. not at u

18. SuperManRocketz

I agree..JLin played really good against the Spurs, OKC, Chicago Bulls and etc..He just need to be consistent and he can be an elite PG someday..If he never got injured i think they would of taken out OKC especially when Westbrook was out..Bev will not put out the same numbers out like JLin..He plays to aggressive and will get foul out quick. I know some of clutch fans hate JLin but be real Bev is no good..If they ever trade JLin they got to pick someone else up not Bev thats for sure.

1 person likes this.
  19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Mind you the PGs can now funnel their man to Dwight and he will swap them out like flies . Like he hit to Harden and Lin in the last Lakers vs Rockets game.
    man i was impressed by Dwight defensive ability.

BEV's main plus is his defensive skillz. plus his nice handles, but that's it .

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Cause he is a malcontent who got upset when Dragic took the starting role in the very same manner he did when Aaron Brooks got injured, he doesn't see eye-to-eye with coach McHale. If you're so confident in Lowry, people ragging on Lin's jumper should give him a bit of time, he showed alot of improvement as the season went on, and it took Lowry YEARS before he got a solid 3pt shot.