1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Asik unhappy, may force trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Wouldn't feel comfortable with Bev as starter but YEEESSS DUHWHITE.HOWARD

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

With the good comes the bad. Sad to hear it, but I understand where he's coming from.

At least I hope he appreciates Houston giving him a contract that everyone else thought was crazy. He's got a great starting point to bargain down the road.

Hopefully they leave amicably. It was probably going to happen either way.

3. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Not sure if your serious...rockets add picks in top of Asik....no wayyy....even Asik for Johnson straight up seems bad

4. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Is nobody here interested in Millsap at all?

He fits our team better than Jsmoove.

Can't we just trade Asik for a pick to clear room for Millsap?

5. Convictedstupid

Doc has hinted at LMA. Would be sweeeeet.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's a shame these BS reporters say Asik wants out/won't play w/Howard. Asik isn't like that: He might BE traded but OA isn't saying this!</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/353290795647893504">July 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I agree - 12 million sound right. 14 million would be kinda ok, I guess. But please no more. I hope he settles for less, so he can play for a contender. I don`t want to have to cut/trade another player to have the room for Dwight.

I wonder what we would do at PG if we lose Lin. I am not ready to give Beverly the starting role and Canaan the back up role yet. Calderon would look nice, so would Jack. And we might still need a backup 3 if we don`t believe Jones can do it. Perhaps we can somehow get Garcia back?

8. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

cant blame him.

9. Ultimate6thMan

I really don't like this dude! :mad: (Mr. Multiple Sources)

10. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

I think Atlanta has too little incentive to accept Lin in exchange for Teague. They'd do it if it were the only way to secure Asik, but it probably isn't and rumor has it they aren't too interested in Asik anyway.

11. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Teague is a FA as well

12. Diablo

Diablo Member

Whatever happened to Lin + Asik + picks for Rondo rumors?

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's a shame these BS reporters say Asik wants out/won't play w/Howard. Asik isn't like that: He might BE traded but OA isn't saying this!</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/353290795647893504">July 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The God has spoken.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yea that would be nice

15. sfayner

sfayner Member

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Speculation trying to create division...i really think Dwight thought Asik could help him...

17. Ultimate6thMan

Yeah, I can't really imagine Asik saying these things. Doesn't fit his personality. Plus, he is getting paid regardless and IF he stays, has a chance at winning a ring. What player in the NBA wouldn't mind sacrificing some minutes if they still are getting paid and playing for a championship contender? Only a very selfish one, which I don't think Asik is.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't believe Asik has said anything but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. He's a legit starting center and he's on the rise.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Not surprised at all. He came to Houston to be a starter, and he's proved last season that he's worth the money. And after all the talk about Dwight being a priority, he has to be somewhat upset.

20. kumakun

kumakun Member

I highly doubt Morey is going to pull off a Lin trade for Smith, hes just not worth it. Maybe something more like Asik and White and a pick for Smith