1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets increase ticket prices

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldYelllowDog, Jul 4, 2013.

1. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

They do have to cover Toyota center Renovation costs

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

certainly a good sign, but I think a lot of it might also be the fact that with this offseason our squad has increased exponentially in terms of media coverage. People always want to go see somebody who's being talked about on TV

3. sergio

sergio Member

Exactly like the music industry. If the radio plays a crappy song all day, people will go buy it. It's all about tv and radio time.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

they had the increase ever since I renewed my season tickets back in March

the zip code thing is new, but that prevents scalpers from out of town from buying them to strictly resell them, OKC did that with their playoff tickets

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I actually meant our games vs them. Last year, I noticed a significant hike in prices between games against teams like the Bobcats and a team like the Lakers.

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Let me rephrase that then since me saying success got yall all riled up. "potential success"

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I doubt it. Even during the yao mcgrady years they were bottom half of the league in attendance. I know Les has a very profitable team, but it would be nice if that building was full. I was pissed about the price gouging he was doing on the playoff tickets even though I went.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Does an increase in ticket prices mean more empty seats in the televised field of view ORRRRR are we going to be graced with a Miami quality bandwagon? Who's complaining though if our team is wicked? We should try hard not to be as annoying complaining about bandwagoners as the actual facebook fake tan loudmouth woo girls.

I met a Pirates fan the other day. It felt like a dream. Then I checked the standings and it made sense.

9. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

The problem with your theory is that those seats would almost never be empty. If those seats aren't used by management or clients they would be used by mailroom guys, janitors, drivers or any one of the thousands of employees of a Fortune 500 company. From what I've seen there are just too many empty lower bowl seats during most games @ TC to make your theory valid. My neighbor works for Aramark as a driver and gets to go to 2 or 3 Jazz games a year as bonus.

I wonder if someone can check online to see how many seats are available in the lower bowl during most games.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People act as if this never happened.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

can't resist....

[​IMG]

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

You know what that means, guys?

We're getting Josh Smith and Iggy. Lawls

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Simply because I moved further away I'm gonna go to far fewer games this year.

I would love to watch them on TV, but the VLC streams will do.

14. joesr

joesr Member

So does this mean CSN is on every other provider because if not, price doesnt matter, not going till thats fixed.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Sometimes, I feel really stupid for paying these prices. The costs go up, the benefits go down. They've gotten really cheap with some of their ****.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well, that's just city though. If you take the entire area into account, the Bay Area would have more, for example. Fortune 500 thing is not a good excuse. Even dfw only has like two or three behind Houston.

17. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

His theory is 100% correct.

Club seats are almost all corporately held and, as a result, often go unused or underused (i.e. fans spending time at the bar or getting to the game late or leaving very early).

18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Are those lower bowl seats all "club" seats?

I have no doubt the most expensive seats are mostly corporate owned, but the whole point of corporations owning those seats is to use them as perks for employees, venders, clients etc., so logic says someone is going to use them even against the worst teams.

When you watch LAL, LAC, MIA, GSW, SAS, UTA, NYK and now BRK games you hardly see any empty seats near the court on TV.

19. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

4% is not that bad, keeping up with inflation.:)

20. LiveEatSleepRox

Man, as a Rockets fan from abroad I would love the opportunity to watch a home game, regardless of 'star attraction'.
    When they held the Team USA vs Team Great Britain (men's) friendly before the Olympics last year, it was in my city, but the cheapest (absolute nightmare) seats were at approximately $100. I mean, sure it's an ALL STAR line up (the USA team anyway ~ and Deng lol) but with prices like that not everyone can afford to watch it.

Being a student (not employed) I was one of many who missed out on such an opportunity :(

It's all about the $$$ when it comes to sports. As a fan you can either pay up, or be a little disappointed every now and then.