1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Doc Rocket Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Jun 30, 2013.

1. vince

vince Member

Doc made coming to the board fun.... He divulged some insider information even though it was coming from an indirect source. But, it was fun because, he was the source the rest of us were using. He was the source of another source, from another source. But somebody was talking about it, and there was enough credibility he knew some of these Rocket Sources personally. Heck Clutch himself get's press passes to the games; and if Clutch trusted him, I give him his dues.

But it's a a new age. It's the age of edginess, posters are more concerned sounding cool and tough. Which is akin to disrespectfullness, a bunch of posters who talk big on the computer. Posters talk about keeping Doc Rocket accountable.... Now this is ridiculous, $hit!!! get you head out of the dark hole, keep your politicians accountable!!! Lay of the Doc.... But as Doc pointed out, it is the mentality of defiant teenagers who only operate on feelings and emotions of thing that get their juices flowing. It's a bunch of tough talking little boy mentalities.

The riddles were fun. Because you caught a glimpse of what was being discussed. It was like being a fly in the war room. But naturally you have idiots that think that if it was discussed and didn't happen, then you were making it all up.

I've been around since 1998 or 1999 on Cluctchcity.com, I remember when there was the whole BlilltheRocketGuy.com vs. Clutchcity.com. I remember how the Scottie Pippen trade broke. I remember the Steve Francis trade rumors. How other soruces were using the sources discussed first here on Clutchcity.com. Always reading first the Threads started by posters like Oliepere aka Popeyee, Doc Rocket, and Clutch. I'll always read their thread first, they knew enough rocket people to get a sense of what was going on.

I've read that Oliepere (Popey), passed away a few years ago. But Doc Rocket was my 2nd favorite poster.

But I don't blame Doc Rocket not, for stopping his affiliation with Clutchfans.net... With the derogatory names being dished out at him, what does he gain by posting, unless he's a masochist. Attention w**** is ridiculous. Because that is what those who were attacking him are being themselves. Everyone wants to be famous, but attacks somebody else for earning their fame.

The time of old traditional respect is in the history book, that was unfortunately closed Clutcity.com (but even that ended with Dave's associate stealing the name). We are now in the agitator society where it's seem everyone has some sly supposedly witty comment....

2. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Long time lurker here. Such sad news. I always looked forward to a doc rocket thread, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your insights.

3. DCballer

DCballer Member

As a long time member, and former Rockets employee, I can say I have always enjoyed Doc's posts. He always has great insight.

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a sad, sad day for Clutchfans. Just look at the reg dates or rep bars of all of Doc's fans, and the picture becomes very clear. It's a shame that a vocal handful of ungrateful idiots have ruined it for all of us. Best of luck Doc, and thanks for all of your posts. I hope you keep tweeting from time to time, and if you ever decide to come back, there will be plenty of us glad to have you.

5. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

It is definitely sad how many turds are on the board now. I never had one person on my block list before last year and now I have 25!! These little punk kids thinking they know it all but are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Suggestion Doc, don't leave. Fill up your ignore/block list. I am positive you can do without the genius comments of legendary idiots like Coachbadlee. I have all these turds blocked and it's like they are not even members of the board other than a red line shows up where they post. Now I don't worry about telling him I just flushed the commode on something that knew more about basketball than he ever will. I don't know what they say and don't care and my blood pressure on the board stays low.

Stick around. The future could be fun!!!

6. j3i

j3i Member

Been reading his posts ever since I was a lurker. (registered to have an ignore list)
    It's been fun, Doc.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thank you DocRocket for all those epic posts/threads that you made!!
    You single-handedly electrified the garm in more than one occasion! It's sad
    that you feel the need to stop posting to appease the ignorance of some
    people. I hope that you reconsider and realize that hater's will always hate,
    it's who they are and not what they do! Remember the door will always be
    open for the "Rocket-Doctor"!!

[​IMG]

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I always found entertainment in the amount of effort he went to just to be so vague with metaphors.

9. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Doc always had great threads..Always had great info that really made you think..Would love to have him back..CF needs more people like him..

10. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

These scrubs with pitchforks finally drove him off a cliff... sad day for a long time CF lurker here as well. I have faith he will resurrect, one day.

Thanks for the good times, Doc.

11. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Can honestly say that I've enjoyed the Doc posts and riddles over the years. Was pleasantly surprised when he followed me on twitter. I hope he comes back. Forget the haters.

[​IMG]

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So weird... because kids love childish things, like riddles.

13. BeardlyBeardman

If you take all the capitalized words out of Doc Rocket's farewell post, and then use the cypher key 4, 12 (D is the 4th letter of the alphabet, 12 for Howard's number) you get this secret message.

NOT GTA IQ BTW DO I WAS ON CLUTCHFANS KNOCK??....NO, THEY WERENT MOM...SHE WAS HOLDING NBA BASKETBALLS! I SWEAR!) BUT OTHER PEOPLE ARE.
    DURING THE SEASON, WAS DONE. IS NOT AGAIN,ARE CODED CORRECT
    NBA RIGHT NOW, FRONT RUNNERS DALLAS?
    SAME THING! WILL ALL BE SHOCKED AS WELL LA. PERIOD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ WOW

"BTW, WAS I NOT CORRECT? ALL WELL, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

You were brother. You were.

2 people like this.
  14. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Only posted a handful of times here in the last five years, but if this truly is the end, I need to pay my respects to a great asset of this BBS, a creative mind with an infectious love of the Rockets, our favorite team. Thank you Doc for the fun times, and for making this a more enjoyable place.

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Come back Doc Rocket, we will miss you!

16. coffeelover665

What happened to Doc Rocket?

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I feel like I just read the "Rosetta Stone".....:eek:

18. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Doc Rocket is right about one thing.. the majority of the posters on this site are children who live at home with mommy and daddy. That's a fact.

19. BeardlyBeardman

:grin: When he said, "I repeat, some posts are coded" I knew there was something in there. I love Doc Rocket posts because of things just like that.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've always appreciated the excitement DocRocket brought to the board. It's a shame if he leaves. Wish we could send away all of these idiot posters who never contribute anything of worth to the board but constantly bash anybody who claims to have any inside info.