1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Dwight:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It means he is a hypocrite who judges people.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So you are jopatmc?

Since you did not honor your own bet (not at all surprised that you did not), you could have atleast honored this offer I made to you?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228749

*tsk tsk*

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

What the hell is this? For cryin' out loud, somebody throw a pie!

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Come on man, you are a creative poster and fun outside of the Dwight stuff, but you can't believe this.

5. pademon

pademon Member

Dear Dwight,

My source tells me that Lin will be getting the Floor General Lv3 ability which means you will have +15% ability when Lin is on the floor.

You will be unstoppable.

Yours sincerely.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Jopatmc, most of us probably stopped writing letters to basketball players when we were 10 years old.

1 person likes this.
  7. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Dear Dwight,

I can't wait to buy your Rockets jersey :cool:

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Dear Howard,

Please come to Houston. We have everything you need to win championship. And remember no state tax in Texas.

Sincerely

9. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Dear Dwight,

This was from another thread I posted in Paul/Dwight aiming to play together... I cut out the beginning part:

We are a good 5-7 years ahead of San Antonio in terms of long-term plans for an NBA Championship. Parsons, Asik, Harden are around a combined 70+ years old. If I was Dwight Howard, and had to pick between LA Lakers, Houston or San Antonio, not trying to sound like a homer here but I'd pick Houston unless somehow Lakers or Spurs got lucky and was able to pull off a "Harden"-type trade, trading for a young and upcoming star in this league to build around... Spurs don't have that (the writings on the wall for Popovich to retire as coach... You don't expect him to coach the Spurs forever...) and Lakers certainly don't have that either. Houston doesn't have to tell Dwight the future will be bright because it is bright already surrounded by a young core group of players, all playing for the same goal: winning an NBA championship! Will it happen this year if Howard signs with us? It may time a couple of seasons for the chemistry to mesh but Howard will see that he won't have to wait AS long to get that opportunity if he played with us, versus if he played for the Lakers or Spurs by the way the young potential looks comparing all three teams side-by-side. If Spurs or Lakers get a young star? Maybe. (I see Leonard as a Chandler Parsons not as a James Harden.), but as of now, if Dwight Howard's really was truly honest with himself and with the media when he said that he wants to win and ultimately win an NBA Championship, then joining the Rockets is the best route for him right now... Forget Phil Jackson. Forget the glamourous life style of LA... Sometimes you have to sacrifice to get what you ultimately want Dwight. If your goal is to become a famous actor, while wining and dining in the great city of Los Angeles while resuming your NBA career, then stay in LA. "But SHAQ won numerous titles with Kobe! What about that?" Shaq's team was younger back then. SHAQ teamed up with Malone and Payton, but never won an NBA Championship with them... My point here? I just watched The Reggie Miller 30 for 30 story when him and his Pacers faced the NY Knicks. Patrick Ewing would be a great example here... He was a good center in the league (Tho Hakeem had you beat hands-down, no doubt Patrick!) I mean, he played in Madison Square Garden, with Broadway and all the lights, glitz and glamour. Though, he NEVER won an NBA Championship. My question to you Dwight? Does it REALLY MATTER where you win an NBA Championship, what team you play for? If it doesn't, then play for us man. We may not have glamorous beaches like LA or Carnegie Hall in NY but we do have a history of winning two championships, with our visions of winning more with that team that does just that (as we envision YOU as part of that team!). Our fans are great, very supportive of who plays for us, and together with us as your 6th man, we will all get back to the Finals to win our 3rd championship in Houston Rockets history and winning many more, as many as that team could bring home to our great city of Houston! But to do that, we need you Dwight. Please consider signing with the Houston Rockets come July. You will find that it was one of the best decisions you have ever made in your NBA career!

The clock is ticking Dwight, what are you gonna do when its decision time? :cool:

--RocketFan -- Houston Rockets fan for 20+ years and counting.

10. coffeelover665

Dear D12,

Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, NOT 7, NOt 8

Join us.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

12. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Takes a lot of courage to write that post. I'm scared of fire.

It helps that I've had a few beers and was able to read it in my black preacher voice.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Did Dwight read jopat's letter!?

14. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

lol its probably the reason hes coming

15. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

dear jopatmc,
    > dwight had made his finally decision in a week.
    > while he was making up his mind, he camp said no nothing.
    > it was the media who made up the news. he didn't wanna annoy anyone.
    > he's a free agent, and he had all the right to decide where he wanna go.
    summary > be a man, jopatmc, don't believe in every rumors the SOURCE tells you.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want jopatmc back on the board now. Can't believe he hasn't checked in yet after the Dwight Howard news. Must have a different account now or something.

1 person likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Check the year on the first post playa