1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady signing with Spurs!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by senter, Apr 16, 2013.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how BAD does tinmac want the heat to win???

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tinmac is on that #HEATNATION bandwagon!

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol poor tinnyman, cant let go of this

4. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

some history's being re written here.

when artest got signed, tmac had knee problems. morey and adelman wanted him to play through the pain. but it was too much for tmac which is why he kept asking for games off so he can rehab. adelman and morey agreed on and off. it was obvious that tmac was injured, but no one was believing him. even when he got blocked by the rim on a dunk of his.

towards near the trading deadline, tmac got wind that morey/adelman were trying to trade him behind his back. he didn't want to get traded. that's why he announced that he's opting for surgery to block the trade.

unfortunately, it just delayed the inevitable. adelman and morey opted not to play tmac anymore. when they did, it was just to showcase tmac for a trade.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac was complaining about his playing time. Rick was giving him limited time because they didn't want him to stress out his knee when he came back. Tmac wanted much more playing time which he got in new york, then you know the rest of the story. Even Chris Webber was saying on TV that Tmac can't just go play 20 minutes right away.

everyone has their own version of what happened, but this is well documented

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423

Rockets to seek McGrady trade
    Updated: December 30, 2009, 12:31 PM ET
    By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Tracy McGrady has been cleared to take an indefinite leave from the Houston Rockets after the former All-Star's representatives and Rockets management agreed to work together in search of a trade for the disgruntled guard.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that multiple phone discussions Monday between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman, in conjunction with McGrady's lead agent, Arn Tellem, led to a mutual agreement that both sides would try to hatch a workable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

"After multiple conversations with Tracy and his representatives, we have agreed to look into trade opportunities and have granted him an indefinite leave from team activities," Morey said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

McGrady was allowed to return to Houston during the weekend as the team completed a road trip, when his request for increased minutes in his comeback from microfracture knee surgery was denied by Adelman.

Adelman said before Tuesday's game against New Orleans that McGrady never progressed to the point where he was ready to increase his minutes.

"He's been hurt for over a year," Adelman said. "The thing that people want to write about is who he was two years ago, and he isn't that right now. We have a whole team here and it's not just about what he wants or what he was going to want, or what was going to happen. It was about what can he do to help us win, and that was the bottom line to me."

Houston was off to a surprising 18-13 start heading into Tuesday's game against New Orleans, and Adelman said it became increasingly clear that McGrady didn't fit with the Rockets or the up-tempo style they're playing.

"He wanted to play, he wanted to push it," Adelman said. "Unfortunately, you've got to deal with the whole group, not just one individual. He's coming back from major surgery, he's rehabilitating and who knows when he's going to get there. Right now, he wasn't there.

"I don't think the explosiveness was there," Adelman said. "He didn't get to the basket like he used to, he didn't have that first step where he could blow by people. It wasn't unexpected to me, but we don't know what timetable he has or if it's going to come back."

When McGrady's camp pressed Monday for firm promises about when his playing time would be extended -- McGrady has averaged just 7.7 minutes in his six appearances this season -- sources say that the Rockets were not prepared to make any such commitments, leading both sides to conclude that combining their efforts to try to facilitate a trade was the best option.

"Tracy is now healthy and is looking forward to contributing to a team this season," Tellem said in a statement on Tuesday. "He is an incredible talent and a relentless competitor; any team will be most fortunate to have him."

The Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking, refuse to consider buying out the remainder of McGrady's $22.483 million expiring contract, which would enable him to become a free agent.

One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline

#585 tinman, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

is tinmac a passenger on the #HEATNATION bandwagon or is he DRIVING the bandwagon???

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I think he's got shotgun.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

dang, all the tofs are here! you swyguy, trueroxfan, the deranged daywalker

only person missing is that rtm dude

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

you aint about this life dude

1 person likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

flightman has anxiety to fly. So he, Royce and some bus groupies driving to south beach

11. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I would much rather SA win even if it means Tmac being given a ring that he did not really earn. As long as the Heat lose.

12. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

This randomly appeared in my recommended vids, lol. WTF?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOA6DPaZqug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tinmac ain't 'bout dis finals life! he 'bout dat second round appearances life!

14. tinman

Supporting Member

you TOFs need to hang out with each other.

Play Tmac Jeopardy!

Alex, I'll take MVPs for $500

swyyguy: "I know!, What if Tmac played with Shaq and not get hurt in LA!"

Alex, I'll take Olympics, Dream Team

swyyguy: Alex, What if Tmac ever played in the Olympics!

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LOL, oh tinmac. you must be really frustrated. i give you a 0.5 out of 10 in terms of trolling effort there.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

nah, i'm having fun with you guys as usual.

Just like the Knicks, Pistons, Hawks, Quingdong Dragons,

you guys just jump on ANY TEAM that Tmac joins on and pretend he's the reason for their success or a reason to watch that team.

Did you guys cry with tears streaming down your face when Tmac joined the Spurs?

To me, this is like if you went to Olive Garden and you ask the waitress for more salad and she keeps giving you more salad, you are so happy.

this is what I feel that McGrady fans are going through right now, Am I right?

17. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Who knew TMAC and David Carr would end up having something in common.

#597 Chilly_Pete, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

do you always make stuff up when you run out of arguments?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

what's the argument here?

Tmac joined the Spurs cause Stephen Jackson left. Tmac is a 3rd tier player on the Spurs who shows up when Patty Mills is in the game.

Tracy McGrady fans on Clutchfans suddenly salivate each year when he joins a team that is in the playoffs because they want him to win a ring despite the fact he never led any team during his prime to any playoff series victories

Tracy McGrady fans care more about him than the Rockets

I like pointing out facts and making creative posts aimed toward the McGrady fans

Tracy McGrady played in China and elbowed a guy cause the Chinese shot a 3 in his grill.

20. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Lol, they act like Tracy is even playing

Even dumber, they act like San Antonio even gonna win