1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons invited to Team USA minicamp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 23, 2013.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

ahh I just remember back in the day Luther being/going to some USA thing when he was a rocket.

2. thekad

thekad Member

Wasn't Aaron Brooks on one of these minicamp teams?

3. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

cool honor for sure.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chandler Parsons on invite to Team USA mini camp in July: "It's a huge honor just to be a part of USA Basketball &amp; a big step in my career."</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/337690441493405697" data-datetime="2013-05-23T22:04:09+00:00">May 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>More Parsons on invite to Team USA mini camp: "It's something I've watched my whole life. One of my biggest goals is to be an Olympian."</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/337690975533150208" data-datetime="2013-05-23T22:06:17+00:00">May 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Orange1

Orange1 Member

May be you can explain to yourself this sentence first before questioning others.:p

"""""""Lin is not a starting caliber point guard.""""""""

He already did for 1 whole NBA season and will continue barring a new injury. And you are late to join his party to pooh his NBA skills.;)

6. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Relax or you won't make it through the month on here, big dog.

7. dragonz

dragonz Member

technically, the only people should be named Americans are the natives, and they are from the Mongolia descendant, therefore the only one remotely close to the term "American" is Lin, BY BLOOD!

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

ye, thats where his downfall begins, and ended up in China a couple of years later.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're confirming he was invited? What year? I dont remember that...

10. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

A lot of clutch fans overate our players because they are raw talent when we get them and then we watch them grow improve and mature, Chuck Hayes, Landry, Dragic, & Chandler. to name a few. Its kinda of like watching your first born leave the nest. To seceded in life or crash & burn.

Morey will nurture them and then let them go when the value gets to high he cashes them in just like T bills.

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

He's young, improving, and his all-around game fit any style of play. I'd say his market value will be in the 9-10 mil range, just a shade under Nicolas Batum and a shade over Ersan Ilyasova.

12. haydenfisher342

agreed, but Hayes was perfect for adlmans system, and I think he would flourish with the system we have in place. He wasnt used correctly in Sac, and of course his injury.

But based on Parsons, you cant tell me he doesnt stand out compared to Hayes, Dragic, Landry. I personally value him about 10 mill, but trust me EVERY Team in the NBA is going to try to get Parsons. Someones going to pay big to have him.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Couldn't happen for a nicer guy ! props Parsons ! Go Rockets !

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Well, I don't know if he's a God but he sure is one handsome Devil !!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. dragonz

dragonz Member

16. pnr

pnr Member

17. dragonz

dragonz Member

ye

late 1st round rookie => Team USA selected team => Starter PG => Score 43 pts against Twolves => NBA MIP => play in China => Starter in Sac town => not starter in Sac town => 3rd string pg in Houston

a curious case of Aaron Brooks.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Hayden, Parsons will NEVER get a max contract I promise you. He's a good player but taking that next step to great is extremely difficult. Look at Aaron Brooks averaged 20/5 in his third season and won MIP. Injury derailed everything. I've been on this board over a decade and I've seen everyone from Rodrick Rhodes, Kenny Thomas, Michael Dickerson, Othella Harrington, Etc have some success and then be drooled over and hyped beyond belief of their potential. Thomas averaged 14/7 in his third year, Dickerson 18ppg in his sophomore season, Cuttino 20 ppg in year 3 and 4, etc. You would never think those guys are max worthy.

Potential is like a disease to fans. It gets in your brain and just eliminates common sense and perspective.

19. haydenfisher342

Thanks, you bring numbers I like your style. Though I know its far fetched to even contemplate, but its crossed my mind a couple of times. But out of the names you mentioned most were injury prone before signing new contracts am I right? Dickerson, was plagued with injuries before his new contract. with all due respect Rodrick Rhodes shouldnt be brought up because he never had a good year ever, and was over hyped. Kenny Thomas in his entire career didnt produce what Chandler is producing in 2 years.

20. haydenfisher342

As for Mr mobley, he was damn good