1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk 2013

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roxnostalgia, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm very excited to have signed up for the 2013 Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk in Washington, DC. The walk raises money and awareness to benefit The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Suicide and depression affect entire families, groups of friends, and communities. Please check out the AFSP's page and share their information.

This will be my first time participating in the walk. I will be walking with my brother. We have both had our battles with depression but thanks to family members and professionals we are doing well today. This is our effort to give others the same opportunities that we have been given when it comes to receiving help.

Everyone who does the walk must raise a minimum of $1000 to participate. I will link my fundraising page here should anyone be able to donate. The AFSP is rated 4 stars by Charity Navigator. While I appreciate any donations, please take a few minutes to read the linked information and share it with those close to you. The most recent numbers related to suicide are harrowing; especially those of adolescents and young adults.

<iframe width="480" height="338" src="http://www.viewbix.com/frame/cd26d27e3fd94ec19a665398349b10bc?w=480&h=338" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowTransparency="true" ap="false"></iframe>

I appreciate any and all taking the time to read and pass on this information. Oh yeah, my team name is the The Dream Team. It was as close of an allusion to the Rockets as I dared enter for this emotional event.

2. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

great cause, did the walk a year ago. spread the news!

1 person likes this.
  3. Anxiety Trooper

Maybe royce white can sponsor you