1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you adjust for Game 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I agree with you...Harden needs to realize he hasn't been getting the calls for a while now , for whatever reason. J lin, goes hard, but has to control himself, a lot of times he takes punishment, or gets lost in mid air and turns it over.
    I think , setting screens to players without the ball, like the princeton offense, a lot of movement will work, and we need to hit the 3. Stop ISO###

2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Let Lin handle the more to initiate offense more, and have guys move around more and to give Lin more screens. The ball needs to move not be stuck on one person all the time. No triple teaming...saw some of that and that is just not needed. Left an open man to score every time.

3. Asian Sensation

Bev, Lin, Harden, Delfino and Parsons

Put this lineup out there and hope to never miss a shot.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Bench Westbrook and Ibaka. Maybe Durant, too.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Put Beverley and Jones in the starting line-up.

6. three

three Member

the majority of the mins should go to

bev
    lin
    harden
    parsons
    asik

this is easily our best offensive unit. 4 perimeter players that can all shoot, handle and pass. it will give lin and harden the space they need. this will force okc to take out either perkins or ibaka. its also our best defensive unit except for harden.

parsons needs to check durant every minute.
    sub delfino, garcia for 2-4 spots.
    sub jones, smith for asik.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If you fall behind early again I think we should just go Don Nelson on them and try to create a mismatch somewhere. Have Parsons guard Westbrook (I realize he has the speed advantage but lag off of him and force him to shoot). Throw TRob at Ibaka for six fouls (I actually don't think Ibaka is going to be as hot as he was on Sunday but again take somethingaway). Make them make decisiosns instead of just freewheeling and getting whatever shot they want. Overall they need to focus and calm down and play under control, especially Lin. This team is better than us but not 30 points a game better than us.

8. RocketPowerNick

9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I would be fine with this. And I'm a huge Lin fan.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I'd be fine with this as well. Rockets played best when Bev was playing next to Lin.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Um, we could actually run some plays..

12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is correct again. Smith's style was not effective against Ibaka, who is basically a slightly better and more experienced version of him in every way. Parsons absolutely needs to be on Durant every minute because on this team he is the only one who can remotely make Durant the least bit uncomfortable.

13. three

three Member

this is similar to what i posted except i would have parsons on durant every min. hes the only one quick enough to check him as well as being long enough to bother his shot. harden should be on ibaka until proven otherwise.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'd suggest to increase the variance.

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Tell the team to not play so passive. It maybe the playoffs, but that doesn't mean you play scared. The Rockets have nothing to lose in this series, the Thunder are playing for a lot. Rockets only gain positives going forward win or lose this series. Guarantee it'll make things a lot easier for our squad.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was taught that the first principle of basketball is ball movement; every time the ball moves the defense must reset. If the ball doesn't move, the defense doesn't have to move or change. Whip the ball around like it is on fire; find the open shot. Next question.

17. cw3k

cw3k Member

How about just fun basketball and stop the ISO? Have players move instead of camping at the 3s

18. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Might need to go radical and slow the game way down. I literally googled "how to beat a superior basketball team" and there were several references to turning the game into a crawl. Half-court offense isn't our strength but a superior team is more likely to win the battle of possessions the more possessions you have - the idea being that a score of 60-46 is easier to overcome than 120-91. Why the hell not? Seems like it could give us a better chance, assuming we can hit our threes, than running and giving OKC tons of easy transition baskets.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It'd be interesting to see us play well in the small line-up. Our guards are actually decent rebounders and both Harden and Lin are good post defenders. We just need to move the ball a bit better and hit some freaking shots.

20. blackjeremylin

can we try playing zone???
    it's obvious we can't defend westbrook OR durant
    so play zone and if they beat us with jump shots, then so be it

preferably play an (inverted?) zone where you can have 3 guys closer to the westbrook and durant, let them take jump shots or pass the ball to ibake or tabo... and if they beat us that way... so be it

on offense, make durant and westbrook actually have to work on defense... i would pick and them to death... whoever durant or westbrook is guarding has to pick and roll and the dude setting the screen has to roll real hard and challenge ibaka... who cares if he blocks you!