1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, James Harden, Chandler Parsons after 100-91 loss to Pacers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2013.

1. verysimplejason

If you really want Lin to be out of the Rockets, then let Lin play. At least his stocks will rise then you'll be able to trade him higher. Or they want other players' stocks to rise so that they can trade them for better players??? Anyway, I just wish good fortune for the Rockets. Harden seems to be off tonight.

2. verysimplejason

It must be that McHale is experimenting this time on some possible combinations. I'd give him the benefit of doubt at least till this season ends. We'll see in the playoffs if he's really a coach you see as somebody who can give you a championship. That said, the starters gain some momentum towards the playoffs. As of now, I see them regressing every game. Yes, even Harden and Asik and Lin and Parsons... Their performance is sliding...

3. munco

munco Member

McHale pretty much did that tonight. If he didn't stick Lin in at borderline garbage time he would've played less than 15 minutes for the game.

4. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

I hope this is sarcasm but I fear the contrary. You know Hibbert is their CENTER right? So JL is supposed to prevent Hibbert to...what exactly? SMFH

5. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

It is sarcasm.

6. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

Even worse is that not once this season has McHale said "my fault".

7. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Lin did get playing time and gave up 3 consecutive turnovers leading to 6 easy points for the Pacers.

8. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Why not asking PB some Questions instead of Lin?
    He play more time than Lin.

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. Why not interview Beverley since he had more minutes and considered by many to be the savior PG of this team. Obviously, Jeremy was gracious to do the interview and not pull a Hardin.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

confused, confused, and confused. ??????????? who can answer?

i can't figure out what mchale was thinking. it looks to me he has been trusting bev more but he didn't insert him into the starting rotation. why??? then today he subbed out bev at around 4 minutes left of 4th qt. what was that for? if he thought bev is better at closing out a game, why? was bev tired after playing so long. if this is the case, he should subbed him out a lot earlier so bev can come back to close out the game.

i just have no clue on what hell he was thinking.

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin was inserted in the final minutes for defensive purpose?:grin:

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

and why houston Journalist don't ask mchale these kind of questions??
    They are not response for their job.

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

coz they don't have the ball (brave) to ask. it's kinda a trend everyone who has some kinda connection to rox organization is taking, always agreeing with the front office and coaching staffs.

14. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

I got you. So this is a business decision Not to dig the Truth question. Which means not to dig meet the best interest for them. still don't think sport journalist's job shouldn't be that complicated.

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Hibbert's a 7'2 maybe 7'3 center. Who honestly on this roster barring maaaybe asik or maaaaaaaaybe T-Rob could stop him? Sure he's not a force or anything but lin and Hibbert mentioned in the same line doesn't make sense.

16. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

It's sarcasm - his point was that Jeremy was not the reason Hibbert killed tonight.

17. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Mchale sub Lin in because he knew the game was over and he didn't want to take the heat for not playing Lin the entire 4th quarter. Cowardly of him, we all know he does not take responsibility for anything.

1 person likes this.
  18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

He was responsible for Iso harden. The safety's way to let it go.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When we had a 6 point deficit with the Rockets treating the ball like a hot potato, they should of brought in the starters with, or without DMo. As for Beverly, all I saw was him and Harden playing catch and shoot. Lin is not in a shooting slump, shooting the same average as Harden. Some are saying he is not into the game, or aggressive, he had 2 steals with his time last night. I'm frustrated Lin and Asik don't finish games, sometimes Parsons. No consistency = early playoff exits.

20. gorockets815

gorockets815 New Member

Nobody talks about this!!??

"[Harden] has all the weapons to get his own shot and create for others. If you make it tough for him early on, he's going to try to make it to where he can get his own still and get his numbers, and that kind of will take you out of the game. Tonight, that's what I tried to do."
    -- George on his defensive gameplan against Harden.

I guess the whole world knows that except McHale & Harden

1 person likes this.