1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

r****d

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by emjohn, Mar 6, 2013.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i was purposely making a bad joke. obviously, you shouldn't use the word r****ded in a derogatory manner. this thread should probably be moved to the d&d where people like to argue about **** no one else cares about.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It makes it offensive to them.

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

I used to use the word like most people here until I got to college- I had a professor that continually made people "choose another word" if they ever said r****ded. It was a terrible class, but that lesson stuck with me. Now whenever a friend says "r****ded" around me, I tell them to use another word. You should too- you have my support OP. I would think that if you've been around with anyone who is mentally challenged for an extended period of time, then you would avoid using the word as well, but clearly a lot of people don't feel the same way.

4. Granville

Granville Member

God help us if you really are trying to become a Doctor with such a callous lack of empathy for your patients and or their family. You have the emotional depth and level of maturity of a Jersey Shore bloopers episode.

5. Granville

Granville Member

To expand on that, what medical professional would reduce their patient down to being the "r****ded boy" instead of patient Jones or the patient with Autism or Downs Syndrome or whatever the condition may be. No medical professional with an ounce of decency would use such a broad term that could be deemed offensive especially since it provided no specific value to providing care for that person. Even uttering that type of patient specific info in earshot of others could violate patient healthcare information laws.

Like I said before, you are a scumbag.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Somewhat related... but since it's in the HANGOUT:

[​IMG]

:grin:

7. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

This thread is ****ing r****ded

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I prefer 'retart' -- as in "that tart was delicious, please retart me".

9. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Just kidding, I agree with the cause but if someone says r****ded in a derogatory way i'm not gonna go out of my way to tell them to stop

10. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

He has mental r****dation. Why is calling a r****ded boy r****ded offensive.

I find it offensive that you don't refer to me as Carlos the Tyrannosaurus King. Please oblige me, thanks in advance.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Didn't read, but I can guess at what it says. Granville why you so smart? Remind me again.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No you aren't and you're just being an ******* to those who are genuinely offended by this term.

13. SwoLy-D

^ He's trolling you, GoogleMan95. :eek:
    I will call you QdoubleA because that's what it says on your Hospital bracelet, Carlos. :p

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe everyone is mispronouncing it...

[​IMG]

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No he's not. He's just being an *******.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

but what if i call myself a r****d?

17. SwoLy-D

^ You're offending yourself and should sign a petition to stop yourself from calling yourself a name you want to call yourself. :( SIGN THE PETITION!

I'm going to the UNSORTED thread... no one is offended there... :eek:

1 person likes this.
  18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What part of that is assholish? If I say "go see the pneumonia patient in room three and the r****ded child in room six". Which part of that is derogatory or offensive. That was a dead serious question.

19. Granville

Granville Member

Because I don't post stupid stuff and get my ass handed to me like you just did.

I seriously doubt you are on the road to becoming a doctor because you would have conceded that it was inappropriate for a medical professional to refer to a patient in that way in the situation as you described. Instead, you give a childish response in a feeble attempt to hide the stench of that ****ty personality of yours.

20. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I couldn't care less what you think. I still don't get why it's offensive to call a r****ded boy r****ded. You've been throwing around much more offensive terms in this thread than the literal description of a person who is mentally r****ded.