1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. ejarts

ejarts Member

honeycutt for Lebron james

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Cousins for Mozgov+3mil to Denver!

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

For those worrying about Robinson's bust potential, I'd just point out that it truly does take bigs longer to develop, Robinson is not raw like Jordan Hill, he's got a tireless work ethic, he's only 21, and he's a gifted rebounder already. He will get you double didget rebounds with starters minutes right now. That means less second-chance opportunities for opponents, and his offensive rebounding prowess means more 2nd chance opportunities for us. If he averages 10 and 10 every night while playing good defense, he'll really help us. That's probably this kid's floor, and his upside is much higher than anyone we traded away tonight.

1 person likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Man, are you ever excited by a move the team makes?

"Don't get too excited about getting Harden, he's not a superstar"

"Asik is completely useless offensively and is being overpaid"

Have some freaking faith in our FO's ability to evaluate talent. I realize some people believe that taking a pessimistic view is being realistic, but it isn't. It's just being pessimistic. Which is fine, I guess, but it seriously gets old.

1 person likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-NrgVOjiNUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He's so good with both hands. I think we found our PF of the future. And we got him locked up for a long time. No more soft fours!

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haven't been excited about the Rockets for the longest time. Morey is doing a great job of transforming this team into a true contender. He is getting rid of solid guys with limited potential for high ceiling guys (TRob) and D-Mo.

To hit a home run, you need to hit for a home run. More often than not, you will strike out, but playing it safe will not get anywhere fast in the NBA.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

The thing that I like about that trade with the kings is not the potential of TRob, but the addition of a mid level contract of Garcia.

Rox could now trade for a bigger contract with Garcia + fillers for teams looking for a salary dumb or a quick rebuild. Which makes it so much more interesting. Instead of the 4 for 1 trades or 4 team multiplayer trade.

For example, Eric Gordon, Granger, Aldridge and Love could be done with a Garcia + Delfino/TRob trade.

Heck even Garcia+Asik for Dwight works (although that will never happen)

9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

is this why we lost to Sacramento?? Daryl you sly dog you!!!!

10. larry cook

larry cook Member

he will blossom with harden on the court, guy is tough as nails and has a jj watt Motor, i like!

11. larry cook

larry cook Member

him and Asik will cause Terror in the paint.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

good point. that's another positive angle to the deal.

13. Gri

Gri Member

Many dunks, some put backs, a signature move (spin left and finish with a left lay up)... Me likey.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I heard a rumour we will trade him and parsons for josh smith?

no your not

exactly my point

yeah i liked also what i saw

hehehe

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hehe thnx for the sign men !:grin::grin:you reminded me of atlas shrugged!

16. nomangame

nomangame Member

Interesting move there......let's hope Morey has worked another miracle for us.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Sacto is doing what the Astros have been doing reduce payroll. I never liked PPat's game, as a PF, he should have a good rebound game, but it isn't. Tonight's game showed his value to the team. I rather grow up with a true PF than a hybrid PF. And PPat is a Ravens fan, another reason to like the move.

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

A real athlete. Looks like he can compliment our run and gun style of play. Also shows potential to finish from PnRs. Good to see him handle the ball from top of the key.

Does he post moves? Can he develop a mid range shot?

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just saw the news of this trade. A big that plays above the rim. If we were not going to get Cousins, this is a very good consolation prize. And Garcia is a solid shooting SG too.

All for my least favorite Rockets? Pinch me.

In Morey We Trust.

20. mm80x

mm80x Member

ohh wow, I thought the only person good at steals was Lin at the Rockets, Morey not only stole, this is grand theft!

Robinson looks great!