1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best PG in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo-YAO-yogi, Feb 20, 2003.

1. x_trepidation_x

Jury is still out on Parker. If Parker is that good, then I believe the Spurs should be more dominating. Duncan does everything for the Spurs. I believe Spurs will try to get Kidd this summer. Where does that leave Parker?

2. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

1.payton
    2.stockton(ouch I cant believe i said that)
    3.kidd
    4.francis
    5.bibby

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

That's the same reason that I don't buy this "youth" excuses from Rudy.

It's not about youth. It's about the maturity of the players you draft (what's in their heads).

Francis is 26, yet, immature and naive.

Parker is 20, yet mature and smart.

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

yo-Yao: If you are playing fantasy b-ball then take Francis. But if you want to goto the playoffs and have a chance to get out of the first round then look at others.

1. Kidd
    2. Payton
    3. Francis/Nash/Marbury

Francis and Marbury are both scorers and need to find a way to lead their team. Nash is a great point but doesn't have teh athletic ability of Steve or Marbury. I would have them all in one group until one of them steps up.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

yo-Yao: If you are playing fantasy b-ball then take Francis. But if you want to goto the playoffs and have a chance to get out of the first round then look at others.

1. Kidd
    2. Payton
    3. Francis/Nash/Marbury

Francis and Marbury are both scorers and need to find a way to lead their team. Nash is a great point but doesn't have teh athletic ability of Steve or Marbury. I would have them all in one group until one of them steps up.

6. yo-YAO-yogi

yo-YAO-yogi Member

okay
    thats why its on the Clutch BBS hot topic

pretty good 1st post, I"d say

7. yo-YAO-yogi

yo-YAO-yogi Member

I would like to say that me labeling anyone as ignorant or an idiot, was unlike me and wrong. i apologize for calling people those names to list those who thought indifferently than me. i hope you accept this apology on my behalf.

8. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

9. hrocket

hrocket Member

first of all, Francis is not a point guard. he is TRYING to be a point guard. obviously, the way he plays, he is NOT. he would be an excellent 2 guard and so as marbury.

J Kidd, payton and nash are true point guard, they look to get their teammate involve first before looking for their shot.

10. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Very true. Francis is TRYING to be a PG. He's trying to learn now. Something he should have done when he was younger.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's quite obvious that Moochie Norris is the best point guard in the NBA after his stellar performance against the Grizzlies...I

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Which makes Tito the 2nd best? Tito Two at the 1. Works for me.

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Sorry if I'm late to responding to this (or if it's off topic), but did anyone think this dough boy was going to make it in the NBA... even AFTER he got taken by the Bulls in the 2nd round?

LMFAO.... he's got moochie's game in Barkley's body.

14. javilo

javilo Member

Gary Payton
    Jason Kidd
    Steve Nash
    Steve Francis
    Stephon marbury

15. flacoflee

flacoflee New Member

J Kidd
    GP
    TJ Ford ;)

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Kidd
    Payton
    Francis
    Marbury
    Nash

Do ya'll have any idea the havoc (I mean in a negative way toward their opponents) Francis or Marbury would cause if they played with Tim Duncan? Putting Parker ahead of either of them in terms of their current skill, potential, etc., is a joke. I personally think Dallas or Sac wouldn't miss a beat with Francis and Marbury in there instead of Nash or Bibby--though that is somewhat open to debate. However that fact Sac winning % I think was pretty close with Bibby out leads me to even less doubt Francis or Marbury would function just fine there.