1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dream1222

dream1222 Member

come on, last time we lost to clippers without CP3 or Billups in our home court with 2 days rest (thrid game in 4 days for clippers), it was 15 points lead for clippers before garbage time
    ofcoz, we lose again on their home court in the second day of back to back

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You can't take much from this game or the game Houston had with GS with the 20+ odd 3 pointers. These type of games are freak games.....scoring way over 70% in a quarter? Lob City is high flying but not beatable.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you're not better than LOFs. get your head out of harden's ass. he is the best player on rox roster. no one doubts it. but picking all those tiny #s to prove your points sounds nothing but classless.

4. LoLin

LoLin Member

Lin really needs to use more floaters and jumpers to protect his body. He drives too recklessly into body of wall and hitting the deck hard, which is recipe for serious injury. Look at D Rose.

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

He needs to play more like Nash and Parker.....saving your body is always a good thing.:grin:

6. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Beware... it's a looooog recap.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PN4kG8lL2mU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

Hilarious! Not cool enough for him I guess. Haha

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Oh god. I hate programming. Especially if else statements and for loops.

9. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Didn't we get blown out by the clippers with Harden, and them without Chris Paul? Time to move on guys. Stop blaming people.

It's gonna be a boring weekend. The allstar game will suck, but atleast you got 3 of your players in the games. Wish they would make the allstar game meaningful like in baseball that one year (not sure if they still do).

I have my money on Lin improving the most the 2nd half, but now I feel like this isn't going to happen. Lin has shown me that he doesn't want to be the star and that he's too fragile. He got his feelings hurt by Mchale and seems like he gave up last night.

I don't like Mchale for destroying players confidence (parsons, ppat, lin, asik everyone pretty much over small mistakes and benching them entire quarters) but Lin's confidence is already at an all time low. Dude probably won't recover this season.

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

What??? one game dude... against the team that really roughed him up badly... injured his wrist in the process and you already given up?

This is a long season, the guys are young and will have ups and downs... sheesh... talk about knee jerk...

11. mothman

mothman Member

Jan 15 HOU vs LAC
    - HOU home game, LAC on the road
    - HOU had 3 days' rest, LAC on the backend of a back-to-back
    - HOU at full strength, LAC at half strength w/o CP3 & Billups
    - 14pt loss to LAC (when HOU starters retired) in the 4th Q to a LAC team consisting of mainly backups - Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom, Barnes & Griffin.

Feb 13 HOU vs LAC
    - HOU 3rd game in 3 days on the road, LAC home game
    - HOU on the backend of a back-to-back, LAC had a day's rest
    - HOU w/o Harden, LAC at full strength
    - LAC shot 6-8 3pts in the 1st Q which is a statistical anomaly. They revert to means by shooting 7-24 3pts the rest of the game. HOU cut the lead to 12 in the 4th Q when playing with a LAC team made up of Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom, Barnes & Griffin. This is despite the fact that the obvious Griffin's goaltending (3pts) was not called as pointed out by the LAC commentators. CP3, Billups & Butler were made to return to the game with 4.5 mins remaining to ensure they do not let this game slip away.

As you see, home game & with 3 days' rest, we were definitely not exhuasted in the first game.

Having said that, do I think Harden is the best player on the team? Yes. Do I think Harden would make a big impact to the team? In general & over the course of a season, yes. For specific games, sometimes maybe not. There are just too many variables & factors which could affect the outcomes of a game. Like we won against the t wolves' starters but lost to their 3rd string players (actually D-leaguers). Do I think the t wolves are better off with their 3rd string players rather than Love & other starters? No.

Do I think this game reveals James Harden is MVP by miles and miles? Hell no. But if he continues to improve & play well for the rest of this season & carries the Rockets to playoff, he could be in MVP discussion though.

12. mothman

mothman Member

Maybe if you could stop getting obsessed with McHale's fart & stop making offensive post like this, you can add something of value to this forum.

13. three

three Member

Nice post! repped ;)

Can someone write a program for how McHale should use (or has been using) the Rocket's plays & substitution ?
    It may need a lot of random variables in there too. :p

14. mirus

mirus Member

So,did the ping pong match begin yet?
    I dont think i miss other news other than broussard sauces

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

It happened yesterday already.

16. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Dude, could someone tell Lin just stop being this tough guy going to the paint???? I mean, look, the refs are not going to give him the calls anymore, we know that. And hold up (conspiracy theory here), but right now they're going to transfer most of the fouls to Harden rather than Lin, even though Lin gets WHACKED way more times, and much HARDER than Harden. Someone just tell him to quit going into the paint like he does unless he has a clear and open lane.

If you guys don't know what I am talking about, just think of all the feather touch fouls Harden gets. Blake Griffin gets it the worse, remember that flagrant foul they called on Parsons? I mean, the refs looked at the tape and they still gave Griffin the flagrant foul. What about that foul Toney Parker committed on Lin and Lin's face popped back? The refs literally waited a full 2 seconds, one of them didn't even want to call it when he had the clearest angle, but a second one finally came in and called it. They were even having a debate on whether or not to give Parker the foul and Parker was complaining!!!! I hope Lin doesn't do this form here on out, but next time you guys watch the game, observe how hesitant the refs are calling the foul in Lin's favor.

Dude, face it guys, Lin is not going to get calls this season. Play his game, distribute and shoot some mid jumpers, but don't go into the lane with 3 or 4 guys. The refs are just not going to call it. It's kind of like how the refs always want the Rockets to lose in favor of OKC, Miami, LAL etc. They schedule the Rockets w/ 25 b2b and usually the tail end of that team is one of those supposedly elite teams.

I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE, JUST ONE, time where the Rockets played an elite team on a non back to back. I might have actually seen one, but I can't remember. Until the Rockets play a so called elite team w/ at least 1 days worth of rest, and not a 3rd game in 4th night scenario, I am not willing to concede that the Rockets are inferior to Clippers, OKC etc. Cheers.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

how they kicked and tied to injure lin has got me really pissed. The rockets will get their revenge, i am sure of it.

18. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

agreed. a consistent teardrop/floater off the glass solves many of his problems. 1.) too much contact w/o a foul call 2.) getting blocked so damn much 3.) offensive option on help d after he beats his man = less indecision such as picking up dribble in lane/jump without a plan passes.

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol i am celebrating this game - we found out and confirmed . DMO can play!

20. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Forget Lin for now, the whole Rox team is suffering because of McHale.

I worry about Harden. I wouldn't even have let him come back during the Warriors game, Harden was not necessary to beat a confused Warriors team, I would have rested him whole game regardless of what he insists on doing. The chemistry on GSW is shot with Bogut in the mix, they all but called each other idiots on court, a lot of finger pointing and not taking responsibility. Caught so many times with multiple players constantly out of position on offense and defense, they were lucky Rockets played like garbage that game, if it was the Nuggets or anyone better, it would have been another 30pt blowout.

McHale plays too many minutes for Harden and Parsons. Most teams that have beaten us easily don't have their starters play more than 30 minutes AVERAGED, with their stars at 35-36 minutes. Rockets is at 35 averaged across all starters, with Harden regularly at 40+ and Parsons at 38+. And playing at this high pace with only 8-9 man on rotation, seriously McHale you WANT your guys to be burned out after every game?

They need to get rid of Morris. He was absolutely useless vs Clippers. Won't rebound, won't defend, and can't make shots. I like how he was talking and laughing it up with whats his face on the Clippers while Lin was sitting on the floor after getting plastered by Odom and Hollins. Forget the light kick from Hollins, Odom's BS move can cause a lot more damage, THAT should have been a flagrant.

Sampson is a terrible defensive coach. His bright idea of leaving the perimeter open while doubling on Griffin/Jordan cracks me up. DMo can D, and his height is an instant advantage, why didn't they start him in place of Morris or 2Pat for this game?

This team confuses me, for a team that preaches on and on about quality shots and open 3s, they sure don't do much to defend them against a team with known good shooters. Its as if collectively the coaches and FO are saying "yes we should take 3s as much as possible, but don't worry about defending them, because only we can hit 3s over and over."

Not even going to talk about playing people out of position. Switching Lin from the 1 to 2 after realizing Delfino wasn't doing well sigh...Should have let Lin continue at the 1 and played Beverley at the 2, imo Beverley is a better SG than Lin. Morris a stretch 4? LOL. And for goodness sakes, please don't have Parsons make plays, he is really good at cutting and getting to the rim, but you need to create gaps for him, don't give him the ball and watch him take on 2 defenders, he gets stripped 50% of the time, his handles are terrible.

Sigh enough ranting from me. I like this Rox team, but watching it get misused over and over is really aggravating. Its like using a pistol to shoot something 300yrds away, then switching to a rifle to hit small fast targets 20ft away.