1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feinstein calls for banning more than 150 types of firearms, including pistols and shotguns.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Jan 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

How long are all you people going to keep defending these leaders that are stripping your rights right before your eyes?

I cannot believe 90% of you all think this is GREAT!

The 2nd Amendment was put in this country's Constitution for a reason. You dont agree with it? Then GTFO of America

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How long until you realize that this isn't stripping the second amendment. I support the second amendment and own guns myself.

Nothing proposed here will change that.

As I said, her particular proposal seems a little ignorant, but with a few tweaks it would be fine, the second amendment would be intact, and I would still own my guns.

Regulation has been a part of this nation since it was founded. The people who wrote the second amendment put in that very amendment that it should be regulated.

If you don't agree with it, then GTFO of America.

3. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I think it depends. For example, the Saiga 12 is still imported so yes, the value of these guns would increase. However, other guns such as the Spas 12 have not been imported in over 15 years. Their supply will not change with or without increased regulation. If anything, the gun may be harder to sell because according to the proposed law the weapon has to go through the NFA registration process which requires a lot of red tape (e.g. setting up a trust, ATF paperwork, 6 month waiting period, $200 tax stamp. etc).

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I've answered these questions several times.

I don't care how it makes me "look" to people on an online forum, including you. I'm an American, and when I choose to fight for my rights I know I am going to receive flack from some that don't agree with me. I also don't need to see the proposed legislation... the ridiculous press conference yesterday with completely illogical and emotional blathering is all I needed to hear.

An AR-15 was NOT designed for the military, I have no idea where you are getting that. Ask any soldier and marine, they don't want a semi-automatic rifle when the most popular weapon of choice by their enemies is a fully automatic AK-47. You truly believe a soldier would want a semi-automatic rifle to fight with, and I'm the one being "mocked and laughed at?" That's rich.

Feinstein is known for her theatrics, and she put on a worthy performance yesterday... even breaking out a prayer. She and they are clearly trying to tug at the heart strings of Christians, but it won't work. She brought up hunting, when the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, which is just further proof that she isn't qualified for her job.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You said that last time:grin:

6. Svpernaut

And I proved it then... I'm not going to do it again.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You said that last time also:grin:

8. Svpernaut

[​IMG]

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Obviously you do care because you keep responding. And it's rich that you claim AR-15, AK-47's, tactical shotties are not military weapons, call somebody else illogical. YOu're in absolute denial in your cloud of stupid. WitnessetH

Yes it was, dumbass. I'm getting it from this place called REALITY - where I live. It also happens to be where most of the country lives, and a portion of our political leadership:

:rolleyes:

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Your answers are not grounded in reality in any sense whatsoever.

11. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

I second this strongly!

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Sam, do you acknowledge any difference between the AR-15 built for the military in 1960 cited in your post and the one I could go out and buy today at Wal-Mart(if they weren't sold out)? I have used both.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

More...

14. okierock

Again, do you acknowledge any difference between the military AR-15 weapons and the Wal-Mart variety?

15. SamFisher

Sure, there's differences. What they have in common (as many military officials have observed...) is that we don't need either of them on the street in the hands of ordinary citizens, as they do as good a job tearing open the bodies of kindergartners as they did Viet Cong, and don't have any other practical use other than mass killings which makes it unsuited for self-defense or hunting.

16. okierock

Do you think it would have mattered what kind of gun that kid was holding while he was "tearing open the bodies of kindergartners"?

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It absolutely matters what type of gun he was using...

The rate at which the bullets come flying out of the barrel is directly related to amount of carnage that can be caused.

Or are you arguing that a revolver with 6 shots is just as lethal as a Bushmaster .223 with a 30-round mag?

18. SamFisher

Sure, I think if he was holding a gun that was not specifically optimzed for killing large amounts of peopel in a limited time frame, there is a substantial chance that fewer people would have died. Say a single shot-derringer or a Mayflower-era blunderbuss.

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

You act like Feinstein's bill has any momentum. It doesn't. It'll never get passed. He's just a far-left guy just throwing something extreme out there. It happens. Calm down, let the paranoia pass over you.

The outcry at a far left solution is amusing to me. The same group that mocks this crazy solution will mock people who think "GUNS FOR EVERYONE! OPEN CARRY!" is too far right. They don't realize that both solutions are far to one side, and typically a middle ground needs to be found.

Continue your paranoia, though, by all means. I'm sure the NRA loves it -- it does well for gun/ammunition sales.

20. okierock

The bullets come flying out of the barrel of the bushmaster at exactly the same rate as the revolver which is as fast as you can pull the trigger. The 30 round clip means that you would have to reload the AR more but the 9mm/.357/.44mag that the revolver might be loaded with would would be far more devastating at close range and innocent children would still be dead.

In short, an adult can kill kindergarders huddled in a corner fairly easily with or without a weapon and legislation designed to change the type of gun a crazy is holding would have changed nothing in this case or any other of the mass shootings. All or nothing is the only way with gun control if your goal is truly to save lives, anything else is political BS.