1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I can't believe some of you want to put Clutch in a position that may hurt what he has built with this site.

Look, I'm pretty pissed that I can't watch the Rockets due to having UVerse. That said, Clutch has spent a large chunk of his life working his arse off, so we can have this wonderful site. So, why burn bridges when it's not his fight? What we want and appreciate is Clutch being out there, getting and giving us as much info as possible. What would we do without all he has done/built? Think about this.

IMO, Clutch needs to stay as neutral as possible, it's not his job to make this situation better for everyone. Jump on Comcast and the Rockets orginization for letting this happen, it's their fault!!

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

If expressing the wants of the fans for the channel is the primary means we have at our disposal (and what we've continually been prompted to do), then why shouldn't the fansite "clutchfans" further espouse the message?

And when it is not... isn't the act of ignoring the issue undermining the cause to an extent?

I'm not saying that a running graph with occassional commentary from the fans is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. But I sure would like to pile as many straws on that back as I can. This straw happens to represent the voice of thousands of fans. Pretty heavy straw if you ask me.

Hell - I'd sign an online petition that could be stored on the site as a means to generate a figure of how many fans want the channel.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

True, he doesn't, but I can tell you what he can do: Anything. He can do anything that shows the Rockets/Astros brass that this is not acceptable.

Whether he wants it or not, Clutch is like union leader of the Rocket fans. He is our voice and right now I feel like we aren't being heard. It might be different if he wasn't active in the past, but I remember the calls to tweet Gortat and Bosh and act as a collective to try and influence a pro Rockets cause.

I mean, has there even been a news article about this subject? Other than a thread, has there been any effort here whatsoever?

I am outraged, literally furious at this situation. I went out at the begining of last year and bought my first HD TV strictly so I can watch Rockets games in HD. I don't watch anything else, strictly basketball. Now it sits, covered in dust.

I jumped for joy when I heard that the Rockets were getting their own channel. Never again will I have to hope they decide to actually broadcast the game in HD on a whim. Never again will Fox sports hold us hostage and make us lose games due to contract negotiations. How stupid and wrong I was.

And now I have nothing but a choppy internet stream which may or may not allow me to actually see whats happening depending on how big the square blurs are moving around on the screen.

This situation is awful and I am mad as hell.

I have done everything I can. Called Comcast, called DISH, wrote to Les, wrote to Crane, wrote to the Chronicle. I have threatened to cancel, but no fancy perks for me, oh no. I am just the pathetic die hard Rocket fan left in the cold. I have literally done everything that I can outside of switching providers (which I can't)

This isn't that fake sports rage like we all post in various threads: "Rafer sucks!", " Fire McHale", "Pippen quit on us!".....oh no....this is flat out DISGUST for this situation.

And I am certain I am not alone in this, I am sure there are other out there just like me.

Now don't get me wrong, I respect Clutch, I love the site, the discussion here, etc. but in my opinion he has really dropped the ball here. I think if any of Les or Cranes goons came to this thread looking for our thoughts or level of rage on this issue it would be taken about as seriously as the posts in "Fire McHale" thread. I don't think our collective voice of outrage has been adequately delivered here. I think the message that is being delivered is we are apathetic to the situation and we will suck it up until they decide it is not economically feasable to hold out any longer, which will have little to do with people like me.

Here is the Cavs "Clutch" back during the summer of Lebron. He organized massive efforts to push the voice of the Cavs fans:

http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?30044-LeBron2010-Billboard-The-Journey-Begins&

http://www.clevescene.com/64-and-counting/archives/2010/04/15/the-lebron-2010-billboard-full-view

So back to your original question: What do I expect Clutch to do? I expect him to do nothing. I want him to do something.

If it were me there would be a big banner at the top of the forums where the ad is that says "STABBED IN THE BACK" which has a cartoon characture of Les and Crane kicking a Rockets fan on the ground with two side tickers that shows how many Astros and Rockets games has been missed due to greed. There would also be a link to a front page news article which outlines the situation.

4. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

LOL at this now becoming Clutch's fault, too.

5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm gonna say what everybody wants to say but to chicken to say cause they are afraid they suffer the same as DD on why clutch don't want to say anything negative about the whole ordeal.

It's all about the press passes baby!!!!!

He doesn't want that taken from him and I don't blame him.

1 person likes this.
  6. studogg

show more intelligence than that. No one is saying it's clutchs fault.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think I've figured out why I've been largely avoiding this thread. At first, it was because I live in Austin and have the ability to watch every Rockets game. That's changed. After reading some of the stuff in here, I'm going to avoid it in the future because I can't believe some of the idiotic crap I'm reading slamming Clutch, who allows all you chumps to post your moaning and weeping, as if Clutch could change anything regarding Alexander and Comcast himself.

Quit making yourselves look bad, people. Some of you should know better. The quote from T-Slack doesn't fall under that category. He wouldn't know better if logic hit him over the head with a sausage from Rudy's.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Is this site like communist China where we can't voice our opinion? I just lost a whole rep square for what I said? What the flying F@ck???!!!!!!!!!!! Deckard if you did that then I hope you get herpes. On the realz.

9. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I really don't think many people understand how most, not all, but most of us who can't watch feel. This sucks. And I think I was banned but not sure, when I try to get on the forums at home I'm kicked out, was able to log back on with phone but not at home. That sucks too but if I can't watch any games this is really the only thread that is relevant to me.... Think about that too folks, come to this great site and can't comment on anything but Comcast...but I think I'm banned anyway? I really wish I could just divorce the rockets like a wife and find another, the bond is still to strong though

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.

Some of you guys need to give Clutch a break. The man works pretty hard for this site.

11. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Who is really on clutch about this? I'm assuming I'm one of those since I was kicked off yesterday, but honestly I never said anything negative about him personally just got mad over the situation. I don't think clutch could do anything to fix the situation at all, I do think he would be much more upset about the whole thing if he couldn't watch the games though. That is just it from my standpoint, some of us are personally hurt by this deal and we need to vent

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

No, but you're saying he has some obligation to get involved, which he does not at all. I'm intelligent enough to read between the lines.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I can't do what you think I did, T-Slack. You're doing this stuff to yourself. On the realz.

1 person likes this.
  14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You talk about the enhanced coverage as though it is something that should be of value to the providers to justify a higher price. It isn't because it does not generate enhanced viewership. You are the one failing to make sense.

Negotiate? Fine. I could offer to sell my Hyundai Sonata to three different people for $30,000.00 and let them know that price is firm. Those three people could decide the Sonata isn't worth $30,000.00. Since the price is firm, there is nothing to negotiate. I suppose they could sit at a table for a few hours taking about nothing if it makes you feel better.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You certainly can post your opinion, what you cant do is be a huge flaming douche about it.:rolleyes:

I think you should be a bit nicer to Clutch, if I had any say you would be banned a long time ago based on your posting history. Everytime a post of yours draws my attention, it is ALWAYS in a bad way. You are a horrible poster and I dont understand why you are still here. You drag down the quality of this forum.

btw...the neg rep you got on the post Im quoting was from me...one of the few people here who can neg rep you. Deckard does not have that ability so maybe you aught to apologize to him....but I know you wont, cause your a damn child.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If you wish somebody herpes because of something on a message board, you probably should seek serious therapy.

17. studogg

No - I have been very clear in my position and support of clutch's decision either way (it is his board and noone elses). I happen to disagree with his stance on this position - although I wouldn't be shocked if workload and life obligations are the only thing that have held him back from addressing the issue further as he himself showed an active interest in what the board could do to help.

I have also contributed to this board over the years in a sign of my appreciation. Have you? This is a big boy board where posters are allowed to have their own opinion even if it doesn't coincide with that of the site owner.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

So, if I am reading the last 10 pages correctly...it is Clutch's fault that we don't have the Rockets on Directv?

I should have connected the dots sooner!

19. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Oh, so since you've contributed to the site, you now have the authority to declare that the site's owner should represent you, the disgruntled fan, to the Rockets management? Imagine for a second how that conversation might go, or the credibility that he might lose in taking that position with the Rockets.

I'm not saying you can't express your opinion; quite the opposite. But insisting that Clutch should do more because you can't watch the game from the comfort of your couch is a bit extreme.

I'm as mad as anyone else that I don't get the games at home. I can't just get up and go to a sports bar to catch a game. But the only people who are responsible for it certainly aren't on this forum, and directing frustration at Clutch for not doing more to fix it is out of line IMO.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What is Clutch supposed to do? If it was the Rockets organization at the negotiating table, I could see where he could provide some influence.