1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones on Piers Morgan last night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

'MURICA.

1 person likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, at my new desk there is a monitor nearby that plays Fox News 24/7. Try as I might to block it out, I occasionally hear it. During the show called The Five, the one that looks like a weasley douche said, "I always hear people complaining about a police state. Why? I want a police state. It's either that or a criminal state." A statement so stupid that even the others on the panel had to pause and see if he was being serious or not. Sadly, he was serious. They quickly changed the subject.

3. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

When you say you googled him, who are you referring to (Pike?)? And long story short, I think this world is ruled by dark forces so far in the shadows no one knows who they are, or is supposed to know anyways (and no I don't think I know). They use every tactic in the book to divide us and the control is so subtle people don't even realize they are being controlled.

And Illuminati is a word repeated so much by people it has virtually no meaning, just like "racism." A better phrase is The Powers That Be.

1 person likes this.
  4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Like I put in my post, research Albert Pike's quote on how they give the public heroes and how they still control them because "he or she speaks for me."

Yes, there are layers of control and they even try to control the conspiracy theorists. Otherwise, for example, Jones' operation wouldn't be helped by a TV feed from Disney (ABC). Regardless of whether you believe in any of this, Disney is well known for their role in this supposed conspiracy.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the govt turned on its own citizens?

I'm sorry, but you guys have a screw loose, a chemical imbalance. Paranoia.

6. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Elements of the government have turned on the American people. The people in this country and, by extension, the world with the most power care only about consolidating as much power as possible and only care enough about the people to make sure they're happy enough not to riot the streets for change (not that it would matter given the technology they have like sound wave making you sick).

Makes me sad people are locked into this Left/Right-Democrat/Republican paradigm as if we only have two choices. Even if there is no conspiracy, why do people just blame the sitting president or one side of aisle for all of the country's problems? But I digress.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I encourage you to see the increase of paramilitary police raids in America in the past 30 years... such as this one, where they kill their caged dog. They raided the house over a small amount of pot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hdip3ypW6Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are countless videos every year of police abusing their power across America. If we give them even more power, this could clearly escalate.

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones, nor his tactics. I'm not a paranoid Illuminati believer or anything of that nature. I am however a realist... and I think that many in our government abuse the power we give them, so no I don't want to give them more.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5fctDFORJKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In all his idiotic statements from this interview Jones was right about something. The 2nd Amendment isn't there for our hunting rights, it is there for our rights to defend ourselves.

8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Not that it matters because the technology exist to make any guns ordinary citizens have a moot issue. It would, however leave the people completely defenseless from oppression of any kind, including from the aggressive and crazed people who use guns to commit crimes.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Let me get this straight... you now think the correct solution to, or defense against, police abusing their police powers is to have a cache of automatic and semi-automatic weapons in your house?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Caltex, we already agree that Alex Jones is a nutjob, so, I would really like to hear more of your opinion on the the government's assault on the American people and what you think should be done. I'm guessing, no fluoride in your water, right?

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Alex Jones weeps.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/us-news-blog/2013/jan/09/deport-piers-morgan-official-response

Deport Piers Morgan petition earns official response from White House
    Let’s not let arguments over the Constitution’s Second Amendment violate the spirit of its First. President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. However, the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press -- fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy. Americans may disagree on matters of public policy and express those disagreements vigorously, but no one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment -- or any other matter of public concern.

12. SeabrookMiglla

as obnoxious as jones sounds on this show i agree with him. i think guns are not the problem, i think the problem of murder and violent crimes in general are reflective of our culture. kind of like the side effects of capitalism, consumerism and materialism. i will agree with conservatives on this point, that their needs to be greater emphasis on family values. i think that our culture is too much about me, people aren't as family oriented as they use to be. i also think that we have a violent culture when it comes to movies games, and sale of arms around the world and at home. we are the largest arms manufacturing country in the world. combine that with the kind of culture we have right now which i think is primitive in some respects, you get these mass shooters.

1 person likes this.
  13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

culture. Bingo

started slipping under Clinton and now we have Choom Gang Barack leading us

14. Classic

Classic Member

Don't know if it has been stated, but what was gun violence like when drugs were legal & regulated? I'm talking about the 50's & 60's. My dad tells me back in the day you could order LSD & coke out of Mad magazine. By introducing a criminal element & underground to the drug trade by outlawing them, I would think certainly this has magnified the wrong people 'strapping' themselves to elevate the overall statistics. Alex points that out in a statistic he cites when it comes to 'gang bangers.' Look no further than the outlaw of alcohol/prohibition & the rise of organized crime as an example in the 30's. This desire to outlaw or to take weapons away will not stop the criminals acquiring them anyway. Hell, even though it is illegal, everybody probably knows somebody that can get weed. Laws won't stop those who have an intent & desire. All it does is produce an underground & criminal aspect which encourages more violence & money laundering/off the books revenue transactions which our banks all partake in anyway.

But that's what this police state & every one before it wants/ed: disarmed citizens.

I also agree with the point on our culture's glorification of violence in video games, movies & media as well as there being a problem with mental health. Guns & gun violence are merely a topical issue of greater underlying problems in this country.

#54 Classic, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  15. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

actually, violent crime is going historically down by many counts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh yeah, great decline of society rabble rabble!

16. Northside Storm

Culture and society are growing stronger. Not since the 1960s has violent crime approached such lows.

[​IMG]

Note the peak in the late 80s, early 90s---the boom time of Reagan "let's suffocate the poor but white knight it out in Christian virtue" times.

Incidentally, that rise coincides pretty well with Nixon declaring a war on drugs in 1971, shoutout to whoever brought that up.

the facts, they hurt sometimes.

17. Classic

Classic Member

Exactly.

18. SeabrookMiglla

probably still significantly more than other industrialized nations no? how many other developed countries have to deal with mass shootings on a consistent basis, excluding countries that are caught in war. i also believe that the prohibition of drugs raised violent and organized crime, both in the US and mexico. i think that banning guns is a temporary fix to a problem that is much bigger than just guns.

even with the statistics you posted that run contradictory to my previous assertions, would you say with certainty that american culture/value is as developed as other countries with much longer histories> i think this is a problem in america, we are young, diverse and still finding our identity. with that i think capitalism and consumerism has totally corrupted american value's. people are interested in themselves rather than helping those less fortunate than themselves.(in this case those who are mentally ill) we need strong families in this country to help take care of people who are at risk, like these shooters we see. i think these people suddenly lose sense of reality and snap for some reason, and shoot a bunch of people. i think this is where strong support from family and friends could help.

19. Northside Storm

See the funny thing about that is that most countries share the same culture of plugging away at COD, they just don't share similar gun laws, if you catch my drift.

I very much support this statement. Mental health is very important, and so is support for those afflicted.

I just don't happen to think it's mutually exclusive to help people with mental problems, and to restrict them from weapons as well. in fact, they seem pretty complementary.

20. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I would start by all of us not consuming so much entertainment and actually researching something and connect dots, even if we are uncomfortable with what we uncover. I'm guilty of this in many ways as well. For example, sports are a fun diversion and something get our minds off of life in general but it's silly how we take the stuff as life and death in so many ways when in the end it's just meaningless kids games. I'm not saying never entertain yourself and socialize but our society is more focused on entertainment than hard work and being informed.

I also criticize the school system for it allowing kids, myself included a few years ago, to focus on making the grade regardless of how much they actually learned and retained. The joke is that some are passed when they shouldn't be for many reasons.

If people (in general) actually not only cared about doing any research besides having everything spoonfed to them in soundbites, short articles, commentators, etc... we'd actually be a society of bright people keenly aware of what's going on in the world. How many here know more about Rockets history than the US Constitution? Probably 90% of us and yes I'm one and that's a joke. How many in general know more about their favorite entertainer than their state government's major issues?

And then people get arrogant and act as if they know everything just because they get small bits and pieces from the local news (TV or print) with some national news included. I know many people are busy with school, kids, their personal drama and life in general but we could all be making more of an effort to inform ourselves.

And yes, I think this entertainment and arrogant know-it-all society is generated by the media (not just the news) and academia by The Powers That Be.

1 person likes this.