1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TODAY, what is a better point guard tandem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by McGradyPwns, Dec 29, 2012.

Tags:
?

What tandem is better?

1. Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic

172 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. Jeremy Lin, Toney Douglas

54 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

LOL... this is not even fair. You can have Paul/Douglas or Williams/Douglas or Westbrook/Douglas or Rondo/Douglas and Lowry/Dragic will still be the better tandem.

Any PG tandem with Douglas in it is bad.

Douglas is a classy and likable person. He's just not a serviceable PG.

3. Viola

Viola Member

What tandem is better?
    Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic w/ K-Mart
    Jeremy Lin, Toney Douglas w/ Harden

#themissingpart #failedcomparison #kneejerk

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

now this wouldve been a good poll

5. Viola

Viola Member

What tandem is better?
    Goran Dragic, K-Mart
    Jeremy Lin, Harden

#fairenough

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Goran Dragic and Courtney Lin--that was the partnership last year. KMart disappears too much in the 4th qtr.

Harden is a superstar. Jeremy is too inconsistent. It's a toss-up.

It would be good to add depth to our backcourt. Waiting on the Beverley signing

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Any combination with Harden in it wins, none of the other guys are anywhere near his level.

8. jacky c

jacky c Member

I honestly doubted the understanding of the games from people here.

Jeremy is inconsistent, true.But why? By taken away his strength which is play-making ability, court vision, and played him as a spot-up shooter the 1st 20 games. Lets see how Rondo play when he's used as a spot up shooter.

When he played bad, he was benched which he totally deserved it, but when he did play good, like in Boston, he got benched the entire 4th Q. You really expect your player to play consistently with inconsistency in coaching and rotation?

It's the 38-pt Spurs game that earned him the first opportunity to be a play-maker. It's the Knicks game that Harden spontaneously(?) did a pick for his bro. He is consistent with his 3-pointer which is bad. But let me put it this way, Jeremy Lin never was given the green light as the 1st option ever unless the 7-game winning streak in NY and the only game Harden's out with Spurs.

But make no mistake, Harden is the superstar here, what I want to say, Jeremy Lin never get a star treatment or even a regular starter treatment, what the hell you want him to do as a spot-up shooter pg? The last 7-8 games, he performed quite consistently only when the coach made some questionable rotations and move all the picks for Harden instead of Jeremy. It's a reason which your point guard dishing 6 assists in first 6 minutes and then playing crap again. But his jumpers need to be improve, thats no doubt about it.

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

Jermey Lin, Patrick Beverly...:eek::eek:

10. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

^That's a very rational argument that will be ignored by people who sensed LOFism and had a reaction to it (which was my reaction before reading it all the way through)

11. Viola

Viola Member

I don't see any different at all between Jeremy and Goran on Dec. Yeah...I know on Nov. Lin sucked but hey we all know his left knee was not 100%.

[​IMG]

12. jacky c

jacky c Member

Thats normal, people selectively chose what they want to see before they even "see" it. Not even heard of Jeremy before 4th February,2012. Yeah, I was kinda like I know there's an Asian American playing in NBA, what's his name? Not having 7-6 or 7-2? He's playing guard? Hadn't he been cut yet? We all had assumptions and perceptions. Then, you become skeptical and curious watching him play, gradually you have ups and downs. And turn out you become a fan and a believer!:grin:

There's an old saying in Chinese terms,"If you are given a huge mission to accomplish, you will be tortured, starved, deluded, till the moment you grown up and adamant enough to finish the mission."

It's such a pleasure watching Lin's helping the team fighting for the ultimate W. He's happier to set up a great assist with a big smile than his own scoring. I enjoy to be a Lin fan, enjoy to be a rockets fan. I'd rather like him averaging 10 points 15 assists then 30 points 5 assists. Because, the way you feed your teammates make them all spontaneously fight for 1 more rebound, drawing 1 more charge, moving recklessly to set more picks, create space and make fast break runs. Thats the beauty of team basketball. Thats why we are having ~42 mil salary but blown out ~70 mil teams again and again. Thats why the D-league NY knicks winning 7 straight inc. lakers,utah.

Doing ISO and all passive watching and nobody is willing to move a foot in defense(happening in some teams obviously). Of course ISO is a part of the game, esp in playoffs or crunch time, but it's the tune you set through your style of play that makes the difference. Thats why I know JLin is a winner on the court. Thats no coincidence Novak, Fields, Jeffries and now Morris, Asik, Parsons, Smith are having such a fresh breath in their NBA journey. Somebody calls it intangibles for a certain player, I rather think it's the right mindset to play a game.

"Make my teammates better and never settle for less than 100% for myself" Lin is far from the hype "superstar",or even a star, some may question him even capable to be a starter as well. His on court performance is kinda like a normal rookie having his 1st full season. But I am pretty sure he got the mindset to cut it in NBA.

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

imagine harden and dragic backcourt. those open looks lin gets, dragic would knock down.. im not sure if lin is pressing or is simply not a good shooter..

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

15. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Did Dragic and Lowry take the Rockets to the playoffs last year? No? Okay then.

16. conquistador#11

can someone remind me what happened when our 2 point guards, lowry and dragic were in the game at the same time? (boom chaos)

Hardlin are trying to make it work. =)

17. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Agreed - they are most definitely making it work. The last two games were rough, but everybody seems to have hyper short-term memory and forgot how they were winning blowouts just last week.

I have no idea how Dragic and Lowry got along last year, but I'm guessing they didn't have good chemistry.

18. torocan

torocan Member

A more fair question would be Dragic/Douglas vs Lin/Douglas, or Lowry/Douglas vs Dragic/Douglas.

Douglas is a back up PG and expendable in terms of trade bait. So what the PG position will look like at the end of the year or next year is still very much up in the air.

19. McGradyPwns

McGradyPwns Member

the K-Mart for Harden trade was essentially a straight up trade, why should they be added?

20. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

are you serious with this question? lmao