1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Shwab be the starting QB Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Dec 23, 2012.

?

?

1. Yeah, he still needs another 6 years to adjust and reach his ceiling

30.8%
  2. No

49.5%
  3. I'm too overweight and apathetic to care

19.6%
  1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Im sure vick will be cut. Rather have him at this point.

2. jae713

jae713 Member

Not sure of Vick would be any better. But, it would be nice to have a QB that can step away from the first initial pressure. IMO, today's problem was the tight ends and WR's couldn't get open. O-line hasn't been playing very well as of late.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

If you had to vote right now, who is most likely to advance in the playoffs (both are going) the Texans or the Colts?

My guess would be the Colts. The Texans look "done."

4. David Stern

David Stern Member

Overact much? Everyone needs to back the **** up from the ledge. We will be in the AFC championship game. I'm positive. Super Bowl? That I'm not sure. Lets see how the look in the divisional round first.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Vick would be awesome. He is a good QB when he doesn't fear for his life like in Philly. With our o-line and our run game, imagine that Play-action pass, with the threat of Vick running with it as well as throwing it.

Bring him in.

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'd take him. ..but won't happen

7. OpportunityCost

Absolutely not. He overthrows, underthrows, is immobile, and if his target isn't open he either throws it out of bounds or gets sacked. Also Kubiak shouldn't be the coach.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This is a fantastic thread...for profiling purposes.

I think the Schaub overly-defensive fan club is slowly getting the message that he's not a top tier guy....but even as a limited guy that can't necessarily make players around him better or take over games, his knowledge, experience, decision-making, and chemistry make him too good of a guy to think about yanking him. I can't believe Yates or anyone we might draft this April is going to be ready to step in and make us a more competitive team in 2013.

This isn't like replenishing the receiving corps a year ago. We've got a playoff caliber guy back there, not a liability like Flacco. We don't win "despite" him.

We were DOA this game because Kubiak's gameplan/adjustments and the O-Line execution were for absolute s***. Schaub didn't exactly throw 4 picks. You may as well be complaining about Foster not doing more. Wasn't his fault either.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow, you actually keep track of all that? Pathetic...geez. Sorry I'll leave you alone...maybe you'll reach that "elite" status on the board with your threads that leave most people saying "damn, what a douchbag"...yep, I'm sure that would be the highlight of your life. Who knows, someday you may even kiss a girl and not have to make up some ridiculous story of her being a supermodel and or hot chick that you dream about in your bathroom while the toilet is backing up...hmmm, well, lets not hold our breaths on that one...

1 person likes this.
  10. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I wonder what the Redskins would want in trade for Cousins.

11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Give Keenum a chance, he won in High School and College. He's mobile enough for the boot-action and has a strong enough arm to not under-throw wide open WRs going into the end zone. Texans need more play-making ability from the WR besides Andre. Kubiak is the only coach in the NFL that thinks having guys that run 4.7 as long as they are 6'3" are perfectly good WR options.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

jesus F!

you want Yates? KEENUM? VICK?

These are not answers. These are ridiculous and the worst kind of knee-jerk reactions possible

13. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

We have seen enough of Schaub to know that he's unlikely to win meaningful games in Jan. So what's the point in the delaying the inevitable.

1 person likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Should he(?) is another question. Will he? Yes. As long as Kubiak is here and Matt is healthy, that'll be his job.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There are no better QB's available.

/thread

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We don't need a new QB. We need Kyle Shanahan back as offensive coordinator.

17. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I think of starting a thread in the correct forum as an IQ test.

That said, no, he shouldn't start. We should just get Brady or Rogers instead. I hear they're a bit more attainable than Tony Tomorrow, who should be the top choice....:rolleyes:

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

egos
    egos everywhere

19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

How do you know that? Schaub would be a mediocre QB in most other systems, maybe the system could take another QB with a little more athletic ability and him Schaub + the ability to extend plays or pick up 3-5 yards to extend drives.

What we do know is that Denver ran the system with a highly athletic QB. When a defense has to defense a QB running, it makes it harder to cover the WRs. Which would be a good thing when the WRs outside of Andre can't get separation on their own very well.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

rivers might be in need of a change of scenery.. ide take both guys over schwab..