1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Support Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Dec 7, 2012.

1. trock

trock Member

it does seem like this is how it all went down. i'm having a hard time being sympathetic.

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Royce has done a poor job with plenty of aspects of his job this season, but most of you are completely ignorant towards mental illness.

Yes, some of White's issues may be outside his mental issues, but much of it is. To say "get over so and so, and stop being a puss" is like telling a guy with a broken knee to stop being a baby and walk.

But White needs to get off twitter and needs to stop being an attention w****. It may be a tactic he uses to deal with his issue, but its to the detriment of the team. If he's not able to make some sacrifices, he can't expect to get much of a chance.

3. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Mamba-So much of what you say is true; you're using your logic. Only thing is that it's tricky with serious mental illness, so I'm inclined to believe he is not himself. I think this is a genuinely tough, tough situation for him and his loved ones. (This doesn't sound like a mild condition. And you probably wouldn't say someone who had cancer was "using" it as an excuse.) Sometimes it takes going out of one's way (Rockets org.) to make unusual exceptions to help someone who's ill through no fault of his own.

4. javajam

Well stated. The excessive tweeting may be related to the condition which I would hope is correctable with treatment. I certainly have faith that Royce can make the necessary effort, the "sacrifices," to help and improve his situation.

There's always hope. DO IT, DUDE! Put yourself in a position to move forward. Who knows, you can help others too.

5. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'll support him when he puts in some effort.

In the meantime, I wish him all the best.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Rockets are willing to meet any of his expectations and went out of their way to support White any way that they can. But there's one thing that the Rockets will not do is to put a young player into the rotation when its clear that he isn't ready.

If the Rockets insert Royce into the rotation, how would it make the other young players feel? That even if they work incredibly hard, someone else who doesn't even put in the work gets to be put in the rotation ahead of them.. The Rockets know that if they do what White wants, it will cause some locker room issues.

Though I don't understand his mental illness fully, I know that all the things that are going on right now isn't caused by his mental illness. If Royce wants to be in the rotation, he should work hard just like everyone else...

7. javajam

Oh definitely Royce needs to put in the work and earn his spot. That's the way it should be!

It's hard to be patient, but I just don't think negativity toward the person is helpful. It's an illness I don't presume to understand, and some of the comments have been thoughtless and may in fact be counterproductive. I wasn't referring to you, but your message was a good jumping in point. That's what I thought this thread was about. Anyway, I wish him well and hope he moves forward. Let's go Royce!

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea I know all the harsh comments people leaves on his twitter account can probably have a big negative affect on him. The Rockets should still try to support him because after all, he's still a member of the Houston Rockets.

So even with the Rockets trying to be supportive towards White, there's only so much they can do. So White have to meet the demands halfway if he wants any chances and opportunity to be an NBA player.

9. hahachui

hahachui Member

I support everyone in the rockets

even he is LIN/White or TD

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Sissy.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

well stated and spot on!

12. deshen

deshen Member

If he can not even build up stats in NBDL, what is his chance of playing in NBA?

13. CertifiedTroll

14. CertifiedTroll

15. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

What makes you have faith? White has not displayed the smallest bit of insight about his problems. He is not going to get better unless he takes a 180 degree turn, which in my opinion will only come after he truly hits rock bottom and is out of basketball. But even then he may never hit rock bottom because he has a golden parachute in the form of his rookie contract that pays him millions to just retire and never put in an honest day's work.

16. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

Sorry, that was uncalled for and you should lose any green thingys you have for spewing such nonsense. /thread

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Being in the NBA is not for just any talented player. Some simply do not have the facilities to handle all the rigors and limelight. I doubt any NBA franchise would be willing to coddle RW to the degree required for him to be a productive player. You can coddle to some degree in college and high school but in the NBA your teammates are paid professionals. Putting a rookie on a pedestal over paid professionals causes massive issues with everyone else. It's quite possible Royce simply should not play professionally.

18. RX2012

RX2012 Member

PAUL GALLANT, ROCKET HATER FOR LIFE.

This guy hates everything the Rockets do. That's ok paul, i'm not going to stand for you and josh innes trying to destroy the Rockets again.

I will be replying to posts to keep this thread alive, i'm just not around a computer enough.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But there are no new posts to reply to

[​IMG]

20. amaru

amaru Member

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if Royce will ever play in the NBA.